Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
NSX abandoned in a forest in Russia
1.jpg
4.jpg

Honestly if I were to leave something like that Supra there for awhile I'd at least like a caretaker or something. That can't be good for it.

I was having difficulties posting my junkyard spots so expect those sooner or later...

Honestly if I were to leave something like that Supra there for awhile I'd at least like a caretaker or something. That can't be good for it.

I was having difficulties posting my junkyard spots so expect those sooner or later...
Its worth pointing out that cars tend to be a bit more cleaner over here than the rest of the gulf states due to the island being so small and everything like buildings...etc cramped rather than open and wide like UAE or Saudi Arabia. It doesn't mean it won't get dusty like that but it usually wouldn't be that extreme.

This place on the other hand is literally facing a field of sand and it must been sitting there for a lot of time without getting cleaned and washed in the open air. Pretty much all other cars around it looks in a much better condition visual wise.

So...
1. Why it's sitting there dirty?
2. Why would you not cover it up?
3. Why would you keep a supra outside and exposed?

:indiff:

So...
1. Why it's sitting there dirty?
2. Why would you not cover it up?
3. Why would you keep a supra outside and exposed?

:indiff:

They're not particularly valuable, not in modified form. It might be indefinitely awaiting for a mechanical repair. Or it may have just been abandoned.

They're not particularly valuable, not in modified form. It might be indefinitely awaiting for a mechanical repair. Or it may have just been abandoned.
The owner haven't came back in a while from what I have heard.

While you're probably right about the whole not being that expensive or valuable of a car, Supra's aren't that common and it's almost impossible to import one thanks to the whole "5 years or less" laws. Meaning anything prior to 2012 would be prohibited.

Would love to know about this more, any info?

That Coloni concept is insane looking (as you'd expect from Coloni) wonder if it was ever anything other than a static show car?

There's no way that 250 GTO is anything other than a kit car or a 240Z-based replica.

That Coloni concept is insane looking (as you'd expect from Coloni) wonder if it was ever anything other than a static show car?

There's no way that 250 GTO is anything other than a kit car or a 240Z-based replica.

Definitely - there were only a few RHD 250 GTOs and I believe they're all accounted for due to their incredible comparative value.

Apparently it's a real one. Chassis number 3589GT.

There's a nice article about it getting picked up at the factory and driven to the UK for it's first race here.

I thought it didn't look quite right at the front. The 'mouth' seemed too narrow. But it appears it was like that from new.

If it's anything like the overwhelming majority of Colani creations*, it's unlikely it was.

*The one exception that comes to mind is the Ford Ka Colani, as a bodykit was marketed, though the original from which the kit was developed, probably the only one fitted with 255/35R14 Fuldas in the rear, was likely not either.

Mitsuru Haraguchi's FC3S RX7
10.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

I wish this was just left how it was. Haraguchi himself didn't even know it was still in circulation, thinking it was crushed years ago. What they're doing to it now is a disgrace- the concept liveries have the wrong flag, and have stupid Zestino and Low Style Hero logos all over it. If you were going to remove it, keep it as is. The 'inspiration of teen' comment is null and void because now it's not the car that every one looked up to. It's a butcher of it.

/rant

Can you gather some good comparison shots? Before its abandonment and now? And why did he allow it to be crushed?

Progress shots are all on Low Style Hero's Instagram- the livery comments originated from their Instagram story where they had a preview of what was going on.

And he allowed it to be crushed because it's just another car to him. He doesn't care about it.

The original posts were saying that it would be restored to its original back in the day livery, has that actually changed?

The original posts were saying that it would be restored to its original back in the day livery, has that actually changed?

From what I've seen and heard, sadly. Just one look at Low Style Heroes' page makes it less surprising. It's a real shame to see nothing but a ploy for followers reach such a level!

Last I saw of it, it was at Drift Zamurai's shop and they were firing it up for the first time in ages... If they're indeed going to plaster it with Zestino stickers and Taiwanese parts, shame on them.

I'm out of loop, what's with this rx7 drift car from the 90's? And why's everyone over here pissed off about being rebuilt into something else rather than being scraped?

It was a very popular car in the early D1GP days some 18 years ago, and the car's owner left it in a field to rot since about 2002-2003 I'd say. Old school D1/Drift fans in general regard that car as a bit of a deity because of just how "cool" it was, even if it couldn't really drift all that well. That was before drift cars were built like drag cars made to go sideways, a much simpler, affordable and accessible era, where style was a more important thing than having 90 degrees of angle and 900hp.

Either way, someone found it in that field and decided to raise some funds to bring it back to life and make it look exactly like it did back in the day, but that's apparently not the case anymore.

So it's supposed to look like this:
haraguchi3.jpg

But probably never will ever again.

Funilly enough, most of the "famous" drift cars from the early D1GP era are still alive and kicking in some way or other. The HKS Silvia that Taniguchi used to drive is now one of the Falken demo cars, Kazama's S15 resides in Norway somewhere, Kumakubo and Tanaka's S15s are still at Ebisu and have been converted to rally cars, Ueno's Soarer is still in his possession, Imamura's FD3S went to Apex'i USA and is also one of the Falken demo cars, and I think even Ueo has his Trueno still.

Last I saw of it, it was at Drift Zamurai's shop and they were firing it up for the first time in ages... If they're indeed going to plaster it with Zestino stickers and Taiwanese parts, shame on them.

It's still there. Just some concept designs I think.

The HKS Silvia that Taniguchi used to drive is now one of the Falken demo cars

And don't get me started on this one :banghead:

SVX
And don't get me started on this one :banghead:

It's had a hard life, that's for sure. When Dai Yoshihara and the Rockstar/Pacific Rim team competed in it, I believe it still had the SR with the HKS catalog thrown at it, then Falken bought it and ended up shoving an LSx in there... I think, and don't quote me on that, that LS ended up in McNamara's S14 (which it still has today) and they've put a semi-stock SR back in the S15 since it's only used for demo purposes. HKS built 2 completely similar S15s back in the day, the second one ended up in Europe and no one really knows what happened to it.

Still, it'll never be as bad as that kid in the UK who bought the Sexy Knights purple/yellow FC3S, procedeed to blow the 13B and shoved a Ford 302 in there instead.

Back