About online

• Thread starter Vagos6gt
  • 4 comments
Greece
Greece
So I’m going to buy an Xbox series s only for Forza …and I want to ask if I need a game pass to play online ?because if I need one I don’t have to buy the game because I won’t be able to play it without a game pass …and something else …is it available with the game pass for free ????

You need Gold to play online. Now if you are interested in online you could buy 1 year of Gold and upgrade to Gamepass Ultimate for one Dollar/Euro. You can upgrade up to 3 years if you buy 3 years of Gold. I did it that way. Is still cheaper than buying FH5 and the next Motorsport. And you can play online.
Base Gamepass doesn't include Gold.

Hi Vagos. You won't necessarily need Game Pass to play online, but you will need XBox Live Gold if you don't already have it. XBL is included in the price of the Game Pass Ultimate, so it's up to you which makes more financial sense.

At the moment, FH5 is included in Game Pass for free, but that can (read probably won't) change.

Edit: Tree'd

Last edited:
Hi Vagos. You won't necessarily need Game Pass to play online, but you will need XBox Live Gold if you don't already have it. XBL is included in the price of the Game Pass Ultimate, so it's up to you which makes more financial sense.

At the moment, FH5 is included in Game Pass for free, but that can (read probably won't) change.

Edit: Tree'd
I have no idea how the Xbox works so if I buy the game from Xbox store I’m ok???I don’t have to buy and game pass ?? Silly questions I know

I won’t be able to play it without a game pass
Yeah, so there's a few things going on here at once.

You can play Forza Horizon 5 whether you have any additional subscriptions or not.

If you want to play online multiplayer you will need Xbox Live Gold. You do not need this for anything other than online multiplayer - you can use any of the other "online" features (auction house, sharing and downloading liveries/tunes/created events) without it.

"Game Pass" is a separate thing that exists across all of Xbox and is not game specific. It gives you access to a library of Xbox titles for free (which includes FH5) as part of the benefits and also includes Xbox Live Gold - but it is not required to play a copy of FH5 you have bought.

Back