About the car list...

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 309 comments
is this list for real??? there are basically NO "normal", street-level cars except like 4-5. all are those ultra-ugly livery-plastered racing cars. and most of them are boring as hell too. so basically there will be NO cars from '80s and '90s? thats f'd up, if its true. i understand its not a final list (or is it???? tell me its NOT :embarrassed:) but DAMMMNNN it sucks SOOO hard. i remember the good ol' days of GT4 when Gran Turismo was actually a good game and you were glad and hyped after you got the game and were driving home w/it. GT5 was so-so and GT6 was straight up bs which i havent played more than 5-6 hours (ive played GTAV (Online) for 700 hours for instance. i love sandbox + i LOVE cars. GTA:embarrassed: delivers both. I couldnt care less about the guns and the shooting aspect of the game, i have a 0.12 k/d ratio last i checked. i play online to take part in car meets, cruises, drag races and just shenanigans. oh, and also taking pictures w/Snapmatic, ofc. I will be buying GTS but i am definitely NOT hyped about it as i can see there will be no cars that i care for or would like to drive. the only normal car is the latest Golf and i hate VW. just tell me that this list is VERY incomplete and all the cars from 80s and 90s and even 00s are just not featured in this list here, please.
It's a racing game, not a driving game. It will NOT have an abundance of road cars like previous Granturismos. Remember, this is a spinoff game. The majority of this game's cars will be racing cars which I would much rather have compared to road cars. Think of it this way, you will most likely never get the chance to drive an LMP1 car in real life. However, it is very easy to be able to drive supercars and sports cars. All you need is a bit of money or maybe a rental. Road cars in sims and games are far less appealing to me.

Last edited:
It's a racing game, not a driving game. It will NOT have an abundance of road cars like previous Granturismos. Remember, this is a spinoff game. The majority of this game's cars will be racing cars which I would much rather have compared to road cars. Think of it this way, you will most likely never get the chance to drive an LMP1 car in real life. However, it is very easy to be able to drive supercars and sports cars. All you need is a bit of money or maybe a rental. Road cars in sims and games are far less appealing to me.
Correction, this isn't a spinoff. Kaz says this is the next full Gran Turismo game and could have been called GT7. There's also no evidence that the game will favour race cars over street cars. We've only seen half the car list to date and Kaz is promising to release the premium cars from GT5/6 as super premiums, and the majority of those are street cars.

Correction, this isn't a spinoff. Kaz says this is the next full Gran Turismo game and could have been called GT7. There's also no evidence that the game will favour race cars over street cars. We've only seen half the car list to date and Kaz is promising to release the premium cars from GT5/6 as super premiums, and the majority of those are street cars.
It is a full GT game, that doesn't mean it is not a spinoff though.

I haven't seen that anywhere, can you point me to where he's said that?
Where else are they getting 400-500 cars in a year from? No they haven't said GT5/6 but realistically no where else is remotely possible. That's if anyone thinks 400-500 cars is in any way realistic....

Where else are they getting 400-500 cars in a year from? No they haven't said GT5/6 but realistically no where else is remotely possible. That's if anyone thinks 400-500 cars is in any way realistic....

Oh, I'm very much under the assumption that a number that high would involve PS3-era assets massaged to varying degrees as well. As you imply, doing them all from the ground up just doesn't seem possible.

But that's not what Kaz has said, at least to my knowledge. Perhaps there's another interview out there where he's confirmed that approach.

I haven't seen that anywhere, can you point me to where he's said that?
My mistake. I took Kaz's "all cars will be remodeled" as evidence he was talking about the premiums from the previous games but it's obviously too vague an answer to draw a definite conclusion.

Last edited:
Can we expect cars with no racing purpose? Like classic, muscle or tuner cars. Poly must know that casuals simply enjoy driving a car. Personally I love hotlapping but playing with only recent cars is a big letdown. They have to keep cars for GT7 and at the same time give more fresh air to GTSport.

Real race cars in current series, are usually up to date. If this game is emulating the experience of racing, we'll need up to date cars.

There are hundreds of classic racing series around the world. Sure, the two FIA competitions should really be up to date ( Although there is actually an official F1 Historic series) but I don't see why the rest of the game has to be entirely modern.

Indeed. I'm for all types of cars in a game. Surely, 400 race cars only, doesn't seem like a GT game. Especially without classics.
This game appears to be "labelled" differently. Hence, the GT Academy thing and getting an FIA issued licence after playing GTS, using up to date cars seems more instep with this product.

Saying that racing games shoud have more racecars because its easy to rent and race road cars is just ridicolous... Obtaining road cars is just as hard if not harder than obtaining racecars, reasons why GTS has more racecars are obvius.
Since Kaz said that they will add 400 cars I hope that they will add some classic legends for example Mazda 787b and so on especially if they are going with the whole history of racing thing...

Saying that racing games shoud have more racecars because its easy to rent and race road cars is just ridicolous... Obtaining road cars is just as hard if not harder than obtaining racecars,
Not true at all.

Has the 2015 Pebble Beach winner been added to GT6? 2016 Pebble Beach was fairly recent, right? I'm surprised there hasn't been a story about Kaz selecting a car from this year's event to be in the next GT game. Same with the 2016 SEMA winner, it wasn't actually a "racecar". I doubt they'll wait until GT8 to present that car.

Last edited:
Has the 2015 Pebble Beach winner been added to GT6? 2016 Pebble Beach was fairly r cent, right? I'm surprised there hasn't been a story about Kaz selecting a car from this year's event to be in the next GT game. Same with the 2016 SEMA winner, it wasn't actually a "racecar". I doubt they'll wait until GT8 to present that car.

Very recent: it's 11 days in the future! :P

That does raise the question of what happens to the numerous Concours d'Elegance and SEMA winners, though.

Very recent: it's 11 days in the future! :P

That does raise the question of what happens to the numerous Concours d'Elegance and SEMA winners, though.
Hello there tell me next time when I have bad post quality because I can't tell when I have bad post quality because it's now fair for banning me for that because I don't know when I have low quality post this is becoming a bit unfair.

In other news... I hope Sung Kangs 240Z appears soon. I know it won't be in GT Sport but one can hope

In other news... I hope Sung Kangs 240Z appears soon. I know it won't be in GT Sport but one can hope
I think this game will primarily focus on unmodified cars and all-out race cars. For a small scale game (compared to normal GT's) that focuses on eSports, having the SEMA and other just-to-drive cars would be redundant.

Yeah I suppose 140 is not bad to start off with. So long as they add more in time. Hopefully every car added thereafter falls into an existing category, N, GR.4 etc. So we don't get this sole LMP2 car that because of it's exclusivity, seems out of place. Oh yeah still useful and fun but...lonely. ya know?

I'd prefer quality over quantity, but to a certain extent. PCars had that kind of mindset, but the list at launch felt barren after a couple hours of gameplay.

dont know why people these days moan at a "low" number of cars...this was a full game when i was about 20 years old, and no moaning, it was fabulous, 3 cars and four tracks, played it for years untill gt1 arrived..
View attachment 548675

You made due with what you had at the time but its 2016 for Christs sake! With all the new technology that has improved the way we play our games are we wrong for expecting to have a high number of cars in our favorite racing simulator?

For me, Gran Turismo is always been about (a lot of) stock cars to improve gradually. I don't want a Race Cars focused GT, and I'm still hoping GTS will not be this way.

If GTSport will be focusing on motorsports then it's pretty obvious they'll make a punch of visionary GT3 cars and bring some such as the Cadillac ATS-V GT3 or the Acura TLX GT3.
I'd love to see the KTM X-BOW GT4 in GTSport, but this dream won't happen.

If GTSport will be focusing on motorsports then it's pretty obvious they'll make a punch of visionary GT3 cars and bring some such as the Cadillac ATS-V GT3 or the Acura TLX GT3.
I'd love to see the KTM X-BOW GT4 in GTSport, but this dream won't happen.
The XBow won't really fit into a category with any of the other cars shown so far given it's natural physics. It's combination of light weight and high power make it a fearsome machine on the track.

Back