About the car list...

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 309 comments
Interesting...

Screenshot_2016-07-18-18-42-09.png

Personally, I think 140 is enough as there are cars worth driving. But still yet to see what's left I the car list.

And one thing I'm just glad we're not seeing any papercraft cars in this game. ;)

Personally, I think 140 is enough as there are cars worth driving. But still yet to see what's left I the car list.

And one thing I'm just glad we're not seeing any papercraft cars in this game. ;)
I would be ok just with 30'ish GT3 cars in total.

140 cars isn't that much considering a lot of future additions will be paid DLC. Paid DLC that ends up costing more than the game itself *ahem Battlefield ahem*

I still prefer free DLCs, so in that way, all can enjoy the bonus stuff :)

You know, I had this idea in my mind since...

1: VGTs were confirmed (Involving the Tesla)

2: PD always like to do weird-but-a-bit-realistic combinations (like the VW VGT Gr.3 racing with normal GT3s, which can be defended with this)

SpykerSquadron.jpg

I will let my avatar talk for me :lol:
PS: It's Model S, no D, sorry, my mistake :lol::lol:

New Julia meme 1.jpg

Imagine a Gr.3 Tesla...

So far the list is confirmed at about 75 models, but only around 60 different cars.
I don't think my entire GT6 garage has that many.
And I only tend to drive about 12 of what I have.

One weird thing is that PD went to the effort to model a made up Subaru WRX GT3.
But Subaru Japan already have a real BRZ GT300.

So far the list is confirmed at about 75 models, but only around 60 different cars.
I don't think my entire GT6 garage has that many.
And I only tend to drive about 12 of what I have.

Yes but you chose those cars from a range of 1200. What if you don't like most of those 60 cars? That is the problem with a smaller car list, less choice. GT6 had what, 6/700 unique cars, maybe 350 unique premiums?

With GTS so far if for example you don't like VGT cars or GT3 cars your choices are extremely limited.

Taking it on face value.
It says "sport" on the box,
it delivers a good range of Modern Motorsport models.
Whether us, as day 1 GT1 buyers, like it or not this title has gone a different direction.
If we can't find fun or pleasure, somewhere in amongst even 50 of the best modern sports or racing cars, we have issues.

The LaFerrari and new McLaren 650 alone will give me a good 500 hours of gameplay in Arcade mode.
That's good value for $80

Taking it on face value.
Whether us, as day 1 GT1 buyers, like it or not this title has gone a different direction.
If we can't find fun or pleasure, somewhere in amongst even 50 of the best modern sports or racing cars, we have issues.

The LaFerrari and new McLaren 650 alone will give me a good 500 hours of gameplay in Arcade mode.
In other words, any game available is good value for you.

For people who only get a couple of hours a week to play, a game with less choice but top quality content is more appealing.
I literally have two PS3 games, GT6 and F1 2013 ( I think)

Remembering your way around multiple interfaces, career structures, even just the feel, ffb, sense of speed and handling from game to game takes time to adjust to.

GT is like an old boot for me. Sure its got some holes in it, frayed laces and ripped stitching. But its comfortable, fits nicely and is right where I left it.

GT1 had about 150 cars. I drove all of them. I may change my mind about not driving all the cars in GTS.

I took a step back and reminisced about GT1 and what made me finish that game. What made me replay it time and again. It's always about the cars for me. I may not be too intrigued about VGT but, I think I need to keep my mind open to trying them in GTS.

I won't rant too much. I drove a Nissan Leaf this week. For 10 minutes. Just an easy car to cruise about. I think how in GT Academy, we were given the Leaf. I never thought about it really. Ever driving one. Yet, it was cool to think I drove it in a game before I drove a real one. Same as when I drove an R35 in GT, before riding in a real R35 at a race track. I drove a Corvette in GT before driving a real one. I even drove the Falcon GT in GT4 before buying my own Falcon XR8(and I moved all the way here, to Australia, to actually have one. I dreamed to have one but, not like this).
It's the cars, no matter what we get. It's the passion for the cars.

I have to put what I want aside for what is on offer. In this game anyway. It is what it is.

Taking it on face value.

if you are more a offline hotlapper than an online racer then you can find AC or Pcars more suited to Your style...
yes they dont have the GT logo on the box butyou can live without that too... ;)

For people who only get a couple of hours a week to play, a game with less choice but top quality content is more appealing.
I literally have two PS3 games, GT6 and F1 2013 ( I think)

Remembering your way around multiple interfaces, career structures, even just the feel, ffb, sense of speed and handling from game to game takes time to adjust to.

GT is like an old boot for me. Sure its got some holes in it, frayed laces and ripped stitching. But its comfortable, fits nicely and is right where I left it.

Ok but you have to surely realise why people with more time available might desire a bigger list with more variety? I mean you say it's "Sport" on the box as if that excuses the size of the list but it's not like they couldn't have included several open wheel cars/categories, Karts, Drag Racers, classic old racers/series and so on. Project CARS, Assetto Corsa and Forza all have a more dynamic selection.

Of course we've not seen the whole list yet but so far the variety is not great. Let's hope things get a bit more dynamic with the rest of the cars.

They will only have less options to choose, hardly that could make the game more appealing. Large car count can persuade players with lack of time to reorganize their private life and start playing a bit more.

Does it? I'm counting 10 different real modern race cars from the current list. That's barely enough for a good range in a single motorsport class.

GTS offers a good range of fantasy motorsport models, many based on modern cars or concepts but not actually existing in real life. If anyone wants to drive real race cars, I wouldn't say that there's a good range available.

GT1 had about 150 cars. I drove all of them. I may change my mind about not driving all the cars in GTS.

The thing to remember about GT1 is that by today's counting it had almost 300 cars. Modern Gran Turismo counts race mods as separate cars. GT1 and 2 didn't.

Both GT1 and GT2 have a lot more cars than people think if they're counted in the same way as all the rest of the games. GT1 still isn't massive, but 150 cars most of which have race mods is quite a lot of cars.

Numbers aren't everything to me. Yes, I know in the context of a GT game the amount is quite low, but it will be easier to drive every car in the game. I'm not annoyed that the amount of cars are low, I think it would be good to have a manageable amount in a GT game for a change. Let's hope that PD have put more effort into the cars - in all aspects, not just graphics.

As somebody who does like GT3, I have to say I'm really excited about how the grids will take shape, what with us having as of so far 15 different GT3 designated cars, plus livery editor. The 5 Group B cars also look rather promising.

We have the 4C so the Giulia might be possible, but the i8 I have no idea about. Is it even in other games?
Nothing so far, the same applies to Giulia. The upcoming Forza game could include it, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

PD should use this opportunity to model the cars and tease them while we still waiting for the game. I'm sure the two cars alone could do more for advertising than anything we have seen so far.

I hope that there is in the game at least few muscle cars like '69 Mustang or historical exotics like Countach. If not I will consider not buying the game. I'm not much into future cars and this VGT stuff which is more like space cars for me.

I hope that there is in the game at least few muscle cars like '69 Mustang or historical exotics like Countach. If not I will consider not buying the game. I'm not much into future cars and this VGT stuff which is more like space cars for me.
I'd consider picking up Project Cars from the bargain bin if you want a mix of classic and modern or the soon to be released Assetto Corsa which does contain the Countach but not the vintage Mustang. It does have an absolutely thrilling AC Cobra, the Miura, Alfa Romeo GTA, several versions of the E30 BMW, the Ferrari F40 and several classic Porsches in the works. Best part is they all come with vintage rubber so you can drive them with the levels of grip they were designed for rather than completely destroying their vintage character with modern tires, or worse, racing slicks:yuck:.

Back