About the car list...

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 309 comments
I wouldn't count on the TLX being revealed either, since it'll be retired next year to make room for the NSX.

Saw Gr.4 cars in GTS, so my mind went too far :lol:
Having said that though, I think it's a mistake for PD to only include cars if they fit into the given categories. If they take that approach, many of the best, most iconic cars of both the series and the real world, will never find their way into the game unless they are either nerfed to fit into another category or they are able to bring in a series of other cars to compete with it which can be quite limiting. If the physics are a real step up from GT6 it'd be a real shame not to have cars like the Lamborghini Countach, Ferrari 250 GTO, Alpine A110, Shelby GT350 and many, many others, just because they couldn't be slotted into a known category.

Having said that though, I think it's a mistake for PD to only include cars if they fit into the given categories. If they take that approach, many of the best, most iconic cars of both the series and the real world, will never find their way into the game unless they are either nerfed to fit into another category or they are able to bring in a series of other cars to compete with it which can be quite limiting. If the physics are a real step up from GT6 it'd be a real shame not to have cars like the Lamborghini Countach, Ferrari 250 GTO, Alpine A110, Shelby GT350 and many, many others, just because they couldn't be slotted into a known category.
The xbow gt4 is quite a bad idea anyway, since other gt4 cars can't be included in GTS. I can't understand why PD chose Group 4 thing. What I've seen so far in the group 4 list are Lexus, Mitsubishi & that SLS AMG featured in latest GTS pictures.

If GT5 has 240 premiums and GT6 445, and Kaz said during GT5's development they were "future-proofing" premiums for future consoles, why are there only 200, or even the wishful 500, premiums in GTSports?

Future-proof or not, those premiums should be in the game, they are fine. Kaz lacks common sense, he's on a pipe-dream drinking his own Kool-Aid. If at least he could stop changing his vision, pursuing gimmicks and attempting to rebuild the game with every release, but no, Kaz is demented.

When I look at the back of GT1 now, I never really paid attention to this
iSVPYxdh.jpg

If PD are saying 140 cars, knowing how they inflate the list with liveries and base models. Is the list complete with 78 revealed and just add the remaining as livery/base model cars?

For People complaining on a lack of cars, they must have never heard of a little game known as Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. Also known as the best selling Non-Kart Racing game of all time and IIRC, the last main series GT game with no re-used cars.

When I look at the back of GT1 now, I never really paid attention to this
iSVPYxdh.jpg

If PD are saying 140 cars, knowing how they inflate the list with liveries and base models. Is the list complete with 78 revealed and just add the remaining as livery/base model cars?
That has always mystified me. Nowadays we can conclude that that is complete 🤬

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a very short list of cars, for a Gran Turismo release, for now... still 3 months to go before the game's *scheduled release date.* <-- PD is infamous for repeated delays and pushing back the release date, but of course the delays are always for good reasons :)

Frankly I am surprised at the small number of Nissans. PD and Nissan have been partners for many years, with various promotions and racer recruiting events and contests etc etc. So it is typical for a GT game to have many more Nissans than other brands.

Yes many cars and brands are missing, including a constant in the series (and one of my personal favorites), TVR. Also, only one model of Corvette? That is just hurtful and wrong on so many levels. Still, I am hopeful because...

If PD continues its tradition, they will release downloadable content as new cars are developed after the game release. They will also give free cars as birthday gifts and as prizes for passing licenses and winning race series, etc. These are all opportunities for PD to surprise us with a new car they just finished, a car that was never on the list until that moment. So I expect the car list will continue to grow for 1-2 years after the "October 2017" release date.

Last edited:
Also, only one model of Corvette

Yeah, I was disappointed when I saw no signs of a C6 Vette* - here's hoping the Z06 will show up as DLC. I read an article of a journalists visit to PD studios, and he mentioned seeing a graphics artist working on a Countach. I can't wait til the DLC starts rolling out!

*meanwhile FM7 gets the GS, Z06 and the ZR1

Back