about the japanese demo

• Thread starter stanisback
  • 1,303 comments
Hi !
I won Viper with half of second in front of him :) Lap record: 6.57.554.My best first lap: 7.02.422.This Nurb. stage is great, very,very sick! :) PS thanks Amar 212 for coffee :rolleyes:

Jedi2016
26+ miles and you only won by three seconds? That's pretty damn close.. hehe. I like it. :)

3 secs isn't close at all, you can bearly see a car if it's 3 seconds in front of you in the last straight.
when the viper "spawns" behind the vette (this is very rare) it's actually a LOT easier to beat it, i've beaten it on the first lap, the car passed me on the last straight of the first lap, drafting him is easy after that, but on the second lap it rammed me off the track, did this 2x in a row, then i turned off the PS2, never have gotten the viper behind the vette at the grid ever since.

SaintKamus
3 secs isn't close at all

Depends on the race. Three seconds on a one mile run around Super Speedway, sure, that's a pretty wide gap. But only three seconds after twenty-six miles of racing? That probably equates to a speed advantage of only one or two mph. You have to consider the track length in that figure. A three-second lead on that track is probably the equivelant of a half a second or less on any other track. Imagine an endurance race in GT3, only winning by three seconds. That's pretty damn close. Normally, in a long race in GT-land, the player ends up pretty far out there. By having a rival driver only a few seconds behind you, you've got to make extra sure you drive well. One mistake and it's over. One small braking error and those three seconds are gone. And the 'Ring is certainly not a forgiving track.

From reading this I think I'm gonna have fun doing the Nurb on the DFP... can't wait for the challenge... I think I may have to avoid DS2 scum as well... it really is too easy with the DS2.

I just joined the GTP Forums the other day, after learning of the existence of the second Japanese demo. I'm a bit late into the game on this, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a source where the demo is still available?

Thanks for any help.

Stinger926
I just joined the GTP Forums the other day, after learning of the existence of the second Japanese demo. I'm a bit late into the game on this, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a source where the demo is still available?

Thanks for any help.
You could probally find a Torrent file to dl it. But I have no clue if there is one anymore or not.
Sadly you can no longer buy the demo from play-asia since the magazine went out of production along with the demo disks. You might get lucky and find one on ebay, though if they love it as much as I do then selling it would be a last resort :D

Stinger926

Thanks for any help.

Send me an email, and you may receive a certain small file by return ;)

Thanks for the offer Mediaman definitely appreciated. Actually, I think I might have lucked out in my hunting (I should know by tonight). If not, I'll be in touch ;). Thanks again.

Sorry i'm really late but when you got the iso, you patched it and everything seems to be going just fine, do you need a modchip on you ps2 ?? everyone here got a mod chip or its just working fine with a good burned DVD-r ? or even DVD-RW to test ?

thanks in advance

worryworth

Worryworth
Sorry i'm really late but when you got the iso, you patched it and everything seems to be going just fine, do you need a modchip on you ps2 ?? everyone here got a mod chip or its just working fine with a good burned DVD-r ? or even DVD-RW to test ?

thanks in advance

worryworth
You either need a modded PS2 or use Swap disks. I'm using swap disks with my demo. I'm using wal-mart Sony DVD-r's, I dont think DVD-rw's work with the PS2.

When using NERO, select make a data dvd, then on the bottom left hand corner you will see and button with NERO on it. Click that and a new program will open up called IS01_DVD Nero Burning ROM. Click "recorder" on the toolbar at the very top. Then click on Burn Image in the drop down box. Now select the fixed file and burn it at the slowest possible speed that your DVD burner is rated to.

Thanks for putting that up as an .wmv

I do not invest in computers (more in ps2+games), and all the people that put up .avi I have trouble playing them. Your movies are great and play well. (and you're proven to be a fast driver :)

I played the demo again last night (with HDD) and had a big crash at Nurburgring
then something weird happened!
there is very loud tire squeezing sound coming from nowhere, very annoying
even I stop on the road for a minute
that sound comes out suddenly for no reason
and it happens every race afterward
anyway .. the sound is like you do burnout with no TCS
also sometimes I hear NOS! I mean Nitrous oxide
it sounds like those from NFSU and SRS
I think some reading error on my HDD
so it reads a wrong sound file or something
just a little insight for you guys

franz
I played the demo again last night (with HDD) and had a big crash at Nurburgring
then something weird happened!
there is very loud tire squeezing sound coming from nowhere, very annoying
even I stop on the road for a minute
that sound comes out suddenly for no reason
and it happens every race afterward
anyway .. the sound is like you do burnout with no TCS
also sometimes I hear NOS! I mean Nitrous oxide
it sounds like those from NFSU and SRS
I think some reading error on my HDD
so it reads a wrong sound file or something
just a little insight for you guys

how can it be a read error from your harddrive if it happens only sometimes, and AFTER the track has been loaded to the PS2's RAM?

this sound you talk about is a bug in the demo and it happens to evryone from time to time.

SaintKamus
this sound you talk about is a bug in the demo and it happens to evryone from time to time.
Really? I didnt know it happens to many people out there
anyway ... :)

franz
Really? I didnt know it happens to many people out there
anyway ... :)

this bug happens from time to time, sometimes you hear the sound when the tires should squeal, and sometimes when you go off the track a bit, just restarting the race will fix it sometimes.

Hello,

i got a Question. My Onboard-Sound is so bad. External Sound is great, but onboard i hear only something like a whistle. Is this normal for this Demo? Sorry for my bad English.

Many Thanks for your help.

Hennes

Hennes
Hello,

i got a Question. My Onboard-Sound is so bad. External Sound is great, but onboard i hear only something like a whistle. Is this normal for this Demo? Sorry for my bad English.

Many Thanks for your help.

Hennes

Yeah the incar engine sound is very very weak :guilty:

AblativE
has anyone cracked the .VOL file yet?
sorry no ... but most people are waiting for japanese release more than cracking demos
btw ... someone may able to crack the vol after the GT4 release
so they can do some hybrids and crazy stuff

Thanks to a great friend, I now have a copy of the Japanese demo. The photo mode is absolutely excellent so far. It might have already been discussed in here but you can take a pic from any angle, rotate your tires, rotate your car around and the camera almost anywhere around the car. The camera can be moved from the ground to look up at the car or way up in the sky to look down on the car. I took a couple pics with my camera just for the heck of it. I also went to each track to test them out. I will try some time tomorrow to get rid of the time limit. So far the graphics are stunning.
So in a few days I hope to post some of my times for the Nurb hot laps.
im0041864se.jpg

im0041873uc.jpg

im0041897no.jpg

Back