Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
can someone help? for some reason the interior mirror of all my cars wont work. it shows a screen that say left,center,right on it or it is just completely blank

if you go in CM showroom with that car and click on the mirror, it will tell you the name of the mirror object, that same name should be in your mirror.ini file in data folder. is it ?

This track is a huge resource hog right now... How are the rest of you finding it? I'm on a 6600k/980Ti.

I'm also on a 980Ti and that's paired with up ancient hardware. I have all settings maxed at 1440p with 4xMSAA, which leaves enough head room to run massive grids and still keep to 60fps at almost any track.

Tried hot lapping around the FM7 track and got the odd dip into the 50's with the same settings. Looked really good though, that track with the usual weather and time mods, made Assetto Corsa barely recognizable, looked like a newer big budget game.

Last edited:
Laserscanned Bathurst, FM7 conversion:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/23kcw9bzhxm9v53/bathurst_fm7.zip/file

20180919.jpg

20180920.jpg
Lol, because I posted the link to this track here on GTP I'm now named on several FB modding sites as the creator of this track.
IT WASN'T ME, IT WAS JIM LLOYD AND TERRA 21.
I just posted the link to Reboot.

Do your research, you lazy ponces.

@Apexxer, you've been named as the creator of the AMG GT R Safety Car for the same reasons. :lol:

Hi friends, someone could provide a functional link to the Sim Dream Development (Assetto Corsa 1950-60 Grand Prix Mod) and (Assetto Corsa Classic Competition) mods. I also can not find the Mod DRM for Assetto Corsa anywhere. Thank you very much in advance!!

Hey there
I have a problem with the Content-Manager. If I take pictures ingame, they are saved at "media". But they are not normal, they are black and white and just some small textures you can see (black and white too).
Could it be, that this is a problem since the last update for the CM?

If somebody knows a solution for that problem, please tell me.

Hey there
I have a problem with the Content-Manager. If I take pictures ingame, they are saved at "media". But they are not normal, they are black and white and just some small textures you can see (black and white too).
Could it be, that this is a problem since the last update for the CM?

If somebody knows a solution for that problem, please tell me.

Never seen that issue with CM before. What about your recorded replays in CM?

This car is solid to drive and sounds great but it's very unfinished and has a lot of obvious issues that need work. From a few laps:
  • The inside roof of the car reflects the road surface
  • There are weird specular highlights on the dashboard
  • Some cockpit elements are missing (eg parts of the roll cage)
  • Many cockpit elements are unshaded (white)
  • Some cockpit surfaces are missing (eg A-pillar)
  • Main rear-view mirror is split in three
I'm guessing you don't use cockpit view as these things are immediately obvious in VR..?
This has the potential to be a great mod, but it does need a lot of TLC.
Needs a few more skins too, if possible ;)

Last edited:
Well, had to get a new dang drive as the AC content pushed me to maxing out the 500GB I had....moved it to a 1TB SSD....some of the content got mixed up or something. So I've been DL some tracks that show errors....

Cant believe it and I haven't even tried them all, but I'm at over 1,700 cars & 600 tracks.

Sounds like me 6 months ago mate. I reckon you'll find half of those are trash. I'm down at about 1100 cars and less than 400 tracks now (might be closer to 300), after extensively testing them all, and deleting the garbage.

I returned to Assetto Corsa as I recently got my Logitech Driving Force Pro to work with my PC. So now I can try my hand at super realistic driving.

Needless to say, I have had a screwy time finding a setup that I like. For one thing, I was surprised learning my throttle... was my brake! I had to invert the controls for my throttle and brake so I could avert this issue. I also felt like my steering was VERY weak. Then at one point, my wheel all of a sudden decides to do the full 900° rotation. The steering is crap. Nowhere near when I tested my wheel with Automobilista, RACE 07, and even Live for Speed. I'll figure it all out eventually, though. That even means tinkering with the Advanced settings.

Other than that, I basically returned to Assetto Corsa just to put one of my latest skins in action- my McLaren MP4-12C. I apparently haven't played AC since March 2018.

Ferrari F300 sound mod:
Hi, I am going to post this here and a few other places since it was shot down by RD staff for "copyright violation"

This car hasn't been updated since 2015, thus having sounds that didn't work after AC version 1.9. During the summer I extracted the samples from the original sound bank and built a new one using those samples. I think it sounds pretty nice so far but it is not complete yet.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x1xl8...zoni_Ferrari_F300_Updated_Sounds_0.3.zip/file
To Do:
External shift sounds
Volume needs some editing
Other small details

DO NOT POST THIS ANYWHERE ELSE! IM WATCHING YOU AC CAR MODS

Ferrari F300 sound mod:
Hi, I am going to post this here and a few other places since it was shot down by RD staff for "copyright violation"
Hi !

I'm really disappointed by this sad situation on RD and I enjoy your work on the F300 sounds since the last summer, you put this great "reborn" on YouTube on FerrariMan601 channel and It makes me really happy. ;-)
I appreciate VERY MUCH the fact to make a rebirth and I give you all my respect ! :bowdown:

Cheers ! :cheers:

I extracted the samples from the original sound bank

I thought this wasn't supposed to be possible. How did you do this? Or did someone supply the sound files before there were built into a .bank file? (i.e, it was a project file, not a .bank file?)
I found a post somewhere of one guy who supplied his own recordings of his own Merc 190, he left it as a project rather than build the sound files, so that we could play around with them in Fmod for ourselves.

Watkins Glen International 1.0 by Lilski

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/watkins-glen-international.20204/updates

Update details
  • Lights added to work with shader mod.
  • 4 extra endurance layouts that includes extra track lighting.
  • Added some 2018 details such as the Turn 10 Terrace.
  • Crowds now split between layer 4 and 5 so high detail settings get some people
  • New AI lines for all layouts
  • Many little details added that I can't remember right now. This should mirror the rf2 conversion more closely now.
screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_lilski_watkins_glen_3-10-118-9-28-25-jpg.272490

screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_lilski_watkins_glen_3-10-118-9-28-55-jpg.272491

screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_lilski_watkins_glen_3-10-118-9-40-36-jpg.272493

screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_lilski_watkins_glen_3-10-118-9-41-34-jpg.272495

screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_lilski_watkins_glen_3-10-118-9-42-20-jpg.272496

screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_lilski_watkins_glen_3-10-118-9-43-8-jpg.272497

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back