Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,061 comments
Posted about the American Racing Championship series earlier, and here we have new shots from 10 minutes ago.:lol: Finally a proper old school IMSA GTO like series. This is of only one manufacture, hopefully a lot of quality skins come from the community.

"Soon, more news about VRC American Racing Championship series!"
68870052-1044967859227969-3708980679896203264-o.jpg

68951320-1044967872561301-6384843312162930688-o.jpg

edit: well look what I see...
Capture.png
'Skool Banded'... 'Good Road'...
The time wasted making these silly fake lookalike brands (that seem to be generally disliked) must be quite significant. If they are so worried about brand managers releasing the lawyers then I don't know why VRC, RSS et al don't release plain cars then anonymously dump a proper livery pack on RD or elsewhere one minute after release. It's gonna happen anyway.

For those asking, yes this is CreamyCornCob (its no mystery). P1 was just a stupid name that popped in my head registering. Onward....

In Cletus Mcflarland words, "Bog Deep'".
"American Muscle Cars" - The American Muscle Group For Release
Twenty two cars of Muscle

To itemize them in CM, do the screenshot. Orange triangle error, click and make car independent in CM.
Screenshot-amc-pontiac-firebird-1970-custom-kyalami-1967-22-8-11.jpg

Anyone interested in this car ?

__custom_showroom_1562dk1z.jpg

If so I can continue updating it ... let know.
Is there a American Muscle Cars 60s pack too?

'Skool Banded'... 'Good Road'...
The time wasted making these silly fake lookalike brands (that seem to be generally disliked) must be quite significant. If they are so worried about brand managers releasing the lawyers then I don't know why VRC, RSS et al don't release plain cars then anonymously dump a proper livery pack on RD or elsewhere one minute after release. It's gonna happen anyway.

They have to do it. VRC,URD or RSS aren't going to release a paid mod car or pack with white cars and then fully depend on the community to make skins for it. And they would/could be on the hook if they did have "Skoal", "Goodyear" etc on the cars.

The reason why this series is labeled, "American Racing Championship series" - not the real "American Racing Series (ARS)
Same for VRC's 1999, "North American Series" instead of CART.
And same for their, "2018 Formula NA championship" instead of Indycar.
Like wise for URD's Bayro's (BMW), Aura (Audi), Maurus (Merc) etc. Hell they dont even have the manufactures badges on the release cars.
Untitled.png

Label those that and watch the copyright infringements roll in - or not.

Last edited:
The lower poly count doesn't detract EXCEPT on the wing mirrors which have now gone quite basic and polygonal. This looks quite bad in VR. Can the OG mirrors be reinstated please?
The RHS driver's seat bolster now clips through the gear stick for some reason (it didn't before. New seats?).
There's still road reflection on the underside of the central mirror housing.
Any chance of putting a better fire extinguisher from another car in where the old crappy one used to be?
Instrument illumination at night seems borked with just a misty glow on the dials.
Rear lights are very faint at night...
...side windows don't show rain drops either.
Done
Done
Done
Skipped
Done
Done
and
Done

I just modified the physics in the AG BMW 320i STCC. It's my first serious attempt. I'd like if some can test it and give his feedback. Maybe too much on rails?

Not a fan of 'steer assist' in AC car.ini at anything other than 1 so changed that then it was great.
It is a BMW touring car so on rails is what i would expect, anything other than that and it isn't 'right'.
Drift cars are engineered to go sideways not race cars...

Yeah, feels miles better than the original mod and it very very usable for 'fun', it won't be to the last number accurate but i am not looking for that...
Good job.

Not a fan of 'steer assist' in AC car.ini at anything other than 1 so changed that then it was great.
It is a BMW touring car so on rails is what i would expect, anything other than that and it isn't 'right'.
Drift cars are engineered to go sideways not race cars...

Yeah, feels miles better than the original mod and it very very usable for 'fun', it won't be to the last number accurate but i am not looking for that...
Good job.

Thanks for your review. Try the car in Okayama, really fun with those tight corners.

It is really important the 'steer assist' value? How does it affect the car behavoir?
Yes the original was a joke in my opinion, my street Golf drives better than that race car lol.

Thanks for your review. Try the car in Okayama, really fun with those tight corners.

It is really important the 'steer assist' value? How does it affect the car behavoir?
Yes the original was a joke in my opinion, my street Golf drives better than that race car lol.

As far as i am aware (i just don't like how it feels) it was put in by Kunos for the high downforce cars so they didn't feel too 'light' in FFB as they went round slow tight turns. So F1 cars LMP's etc stuff like that.
As the downforce builds the FFB gets stronger, so to stop it being so heavy to clip they just made it stop being so light at the low end by steer assist.
Silly name really as some folks will think 'assisted steering' = arcade.... but in truth ALL cars have assisted steering as we steer via wheel and other engineered things and in the case of power steering and race cars even more assists.

But anyway, for me i feel this massive notch in non F1 cars and at 0.45 like your BMW it was huge notch with my FFB set up anyway so i put it to 1 and all is good with the world.

It is really important the 'steer assist' value? How does it affect the car behavoir?(sic)

FFB scales with downforce/load. This parameter helps only if a car has very high downforce and overwhelms, or rather as safi hellie points out underwhelms at low loads, the FFB. For cars with moderate to no downforce this should be left at 1.00.
Somewhat of a misnomer as it has nothing to do with power assisted steering. Values approaching zero cause DD wheels to 'sing' as they vibrate at high frequency.

Don't those numbskulls at Sharemods ever vet their ads? I'm getting seriously hacked off with loud high-pitched sirens and my browser being hijacked with unskippable robot-voiced warnings from 'Microsoft'.
Any way to avoid this crap while still using Sharemods?

They have to do it. VRC,URD or RSS aren't going to release a paid mod car or pack with white cars and then fully depend on the community to make skins for it. And they would/could be on the hook if they did have "Skoal", "Goodyear" etc on the cars.

The reason why this series is labeled, "American Racing Championship series" - not the real "American Racing Series (ARS)
Same for VRC's 1999, "North American Series" instead of CART.
And same for their, "2018 Formula NA championship" instead of Indycar.
Like wise for URD's Bayro's (BMW), Aura (Audi), Maurus (Merc) etc. Hell they dont even have the manufactures badges on the release cars.
Untitled.png

Label those that and watch the copyright infringements roll in - or not.
I know all that, and even alluded to it in my post. My point was, why waste time making fake brands that almost everyone is going to overwrite with proper skins anyway? There's be no reason to 'depend on the community' for these, they could be released anonymously, separately from the car download. Nobody goes after skinners for releasing proper branded liveries or even modders for releasing free cars with them on. It's only because RSS, URD, VRC etc charge money for their mods that they get twitchy about using genuine brands.
Just seems like a total waste of resources to me. If you're literate enough to download a mod car then you'll be clever enough to find the skins for it.

Your answer is: AdBlocker.

In run AdBlock and that crap still appears with Sharemods. It opens new browser windows.

one does not simply use an "AdBlocker"

ffs use "uBlock Origin" from gorhill

chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm
firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
works also on FF on android

(attention, not, i repeat NOT "uBlock Plus Adblocker" and also NOT "uBlock" from "www.ublock.org" - scammers!)

for hardcore users: uMatrix from same guy gorhill; fine grained access control
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/umatrix/ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf?hl=de
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/android/addon/umatrix/

one does not simply use an "AdBlocker"

ffs use "uBlock Origin" from gorhill

chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm
firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
works also on FF on android

(attention, not, i repeat NOT "uBlock Plus Adblocker" and also NOT "uBlock" from "www.ublock.org" - scammers!)

for hardcore users: uMatrix from same guy gorhill; fine grained access control
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/umatrix/ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf?hl=de
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/android/addon/umatrix/
Goddammit, I used to use uBlock Origin. No idea why I was using AdBlock instead. It's worked. Many thanks. Doesn't need disabling every time you download from RD either.
Thanks again.
My rant was worth it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back