Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,761 comments
So...you're not a drifter?
He's more the hobo type. Hangs out at the trainyard with his belongings tied to the end of a stick.

The performance of the Jalpa even when it came out was only soso. 0-60 in 6 seconds 250hp and 3300lbs. The countach had 400 hp and similar weight. But the early 80's were a bit of a low point for Performance cars in general. But it does look cool especially if you get to see one in person. Would be fun to see a tuned version created for AC with performance to match the GTO:)
That's the wonderful thing about modding. Give it more power if you want. Hell, put a turbo on it. If you don't know how, I could help you with that.

I have a question and hope somebody can help me. There is a filter function in CM for "racing classes". I did never found out, which data field this filter is working on. I never did get any results with this filter. Strange. Any idea?

View attachment 895051
This is what it's "doing":

{
"id": "same_racing_class_gt3_gt2_",
"name": "Same racing class (GT3/GT2/…)",
"filter": "class:race",
"script": "
-- tags to search for
classes = { 'gt3', 'gt2', '#GT4', '#90s touring' }
-- try to find some tag in selected car
racingclass = nil
for i, cl in ipairs(classes) do
if selected.Tags:ContainsIgnoringCase(cl) then
racingclass = cl
break
end
end
-- logging
if racingclass ~= nil then
log('selected class: ' .. racingclass)
else
log('selected class: NIL')
end
-- in case there is no any tag at all, result is false
if racingclass == nil then
error('Can’t detect selected car’s racing class')
return false
end
-- result function which will try to find that tag in any tested car
return function(tested)
return tested.Tags:ContainsIgnoringCase(racingclass)
end"
}
Looks like the class of car needs to be "race" and the tags need to have the same tag. You could add tags into this script if you wanted also.
At the same time, know what it's searching for means that you can take your content and tag it, class it appropriately in order for it to work.
I use the same subclass all the time. Which means I will select a group of cars, use Content Manager to update the UI in all cars by adding a tag to all of them simultaneously such as #uglyyellowcars. Must have the # in front of it. That way when using the subclass feature, I could have a subclass with 300 cars in it, then using the random (or shuffle) feature in content manager, out of those 300 AI cars it has to choose from, if I select there to be 19 AI opponents, I have no clue who I'm racing against. It's all up in the air and the grid is always random as well as the skins.

Yeah, my bad for starting that one. I solemnly promise it won't happen from me ever again!!

@TonyBarracuda @Real Toonces As for XJ220 wasn't there a "concept" version released here a while back? Which was pretty normal looking as far as I remember

Edit: found it https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-717#post-12979897

And the mirror fix https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-post-paid-mods.307899/page-721#post-12981943
Hello. thank you far sharing. Concept is not quite a thing im looking for. Probably Wack model.
What about Assettodrive modeL?

For the interested: I added several origin icons on RD: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/origin-icons.28078/

newicons1.png

Do I want ? I sure do, appreciated.
It's strange that none of the others cars I tried until now is affected. Sure, there is a little bump, as can be expected when crossing a waterdrainer, but it ads realism.
I did hear that some Porsches also get launched, so te prevent any nasty surprises a fix would be welcome. ;)

My version, last time i tried it have no issue at all with any car. I've tried also with formula one cars lowered as much as possibile, so basically i'm sure everything will works more than fine ;)

I'm a little curious as to why you didn't share this track-saving solution with the wider community as soon as you'd fixed it..?

Simply because i made it the same day the first version come up online (so i think more than a year ago) then i kept as it is while i'm trying to learn how to make lights working and the other stuff like grass 3D and so on whitout any luck and more importan without time to do it. Tomorrow as soon as i'm at the pc where i have the track i will upload and share here, hope someone will be able to update as needed ;)

EDIT: Download --> https://sharemods.com/hnglcv9wh0z9/FM7_-_Maple_Valley_v1.1_updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.rar.html

Last edited:
Just saw this on FB: snowfall effect.
The video is two and a half months old too. Is this a new incoming CSP feature?

This 'effect' isn't really game side, its more of an overlay/reshade type thing and it isn't dyanamic as you can see.
But yes - theres some stuff, 'wets' coming is anyones guess.

Last edited:
Important names
It's strange that none of the others cars I tried until now is affected.....

The sparks in the screen shot show that the collider hit the ground. You can check this in CM Showroom and edit if needed.
That's the ground colliders in colliders.ini I'm talking about.
The collider.kn5 should not interact with the ground, some mods actually have the collider accidentally rotated 90 degrees, poking through the ground!

Thought about downloading this but the compressed file alone is over 378 MB which seems huge to me for just a car. Is it just one or are there several versions in a pack with a **** load of liveries?
It's is 4 cars. Downloaded it but did not try it yet so I don't know what the differences are yet.

Thought about downloading this but the compressed file alone is over 378 MB which seems huge to me for just a car. Is it just one or are there several versions in a pack with a **** load of liveries?

There's 4 versions in this pack and each of them come with 12 liveries :eek:

840mb uncompressed!!

The sparks in the screen shot show that the collider hit the ground. You can check this in CM Showroom and edit if needed.
That's the ground colliders in colliders.ini I'm talking about.
The collider.kn5 should not interact with the ground, some mods actually have the collider accidentally rotated 90 degrees, poking through the ground!

As far as I can see in showroom there's a collider that hits the ground.
In colliders.ini, there is only this:

[COLLIDER_0]
CENTRE=0 ,30 ,0 ; where the center of the collision box will be placed. 0,0,0 XYZ reference is the CoG
SIZE=1.689,1.290 ,4.521 ; the size of the collision box in XYZ meters

No idea if this is the one to change and how? :embarrassed:

Hi mate.
Did you try renaming your My Documents\Assetto Corsa folder, and then running the game (allowing it to create a new My Documents folder? I believe that folder may host the problem. Also, you won't lose anything by trying.

Thanks for the suggestion and the response. yeah, i did try that. multiple times. tried doing that through CM and Vanilla AC. tried it by moving all my mods to a separate folder (cars, tracks, apps, the works) and running vanilla, and CM.... no luck for any of those. Im stumped... short of deleting AC entirely from my drive, scrubbing the registry, and reinstalling a new version I can't think of anything else to do... I REAAALLY don't want to do that though. 400GBs (uncompressed) worth of mods and tracks will be a nightmare to reinstate. Like I said its not a huige deal, and AC is running well now. Just a feature I wish i could get back...

My version, last time i tried it have no issue at all with any car. I've tried also with formula one cars lowered as much as possibile, so basically i'm sure everything will works more than fine ;)

Simply because i made it the same day the first version come up online (so i think more than a year ago) then i kept as it is while i'm trying to learn how to make lights working and the other stuff like grass 3D and so on whitout any luck and more importan without time to do it. Tomorrow as soon as i'm at the pc where i have the track i will upload and share here, hope someone will be able to update as needed ;)

EDIT: Download --> https://sharemods.com/hnglcv9wh0z9/FM7_-_Maple_Valley_v1.1_updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.rar.html
Thanks for the upload. I remember hitting a brick wall just before the covered bridge in a prior version which naturally led to a quick delete. Very pretty track with entertaining high speed corners and interesting scenery. The track ui json file was damaged in my download but CM quickly repaired it for me. It even has a decent AI spline which was a pleasant surprise. The track surface texture is realistic though monotonous with no skid marks or rubbered in lines but all in all, a fun track to have in AC. Thanks again.

@G.T.Ace & @Delta7Fox

About Spa, the destination files are wrong since the beginning with "assetto corsa" (wrong) vs "assettocorsa" (right) as the folder "skins" which was in the wrong place on some archives but It seems @Delta7Fox corrected it.
By memory and far from my rig, It’s not the case for "assettocorsa" which stills wrong as I wrote at the beginning of my answer.

I never used the CM extractor for files because some of the main archives of other modders got this issue with false direction and I always preferred to see what I put in my AC.

I’m not able to tell you if CM is able to correct itself this kind of issue but it’s a clue. ;)
Because i manually rename everything on my desktop, i'm sorry if i've offended anyone here.
I don't read everything here, i don't have much time to devote to the forums.
Thank you Elio.

Last edited:
There's 4 versions in this pack and each of them come with 12 liveries :eek:

840mb uncompressed!!

Inspecting the files further, they look to be pretty much the same as the other version. This one with 4 models (coupe + no spoiler, coupe + spoiler, cabrio + no spoiler, cabrio + spoiler) is about a week newer, and the data appears slightly different. It's listed at 255hp whereas the original is 251hp. I can't say for sure which of the two versions are better.

Getting ready to reinstall AC (fun stuff) and trying to remember things I had installed to reinstall again. This was one of them.

If you've missed this, you should really like it if you dont have it. Its excellent. Sample of fx sounds in the descr.
Have no idea why only 2000 people dl it, its 10x better then kunos stock sounds.
Works on every car. Realism up a lot of notches.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-miscellaneous-sound-pack-by-imrimike.23336/

This is what it's "doing":

{
"id": "same_racing_class_gt3_gt2_",
"name": "Same racing class (GT3/GT2/…)",
"filter": "class:race",
"script": "
-- tags to search for
classes = { 'gt3', 'gt2', '#GT4', '#90s touring' }
-- try to find some tag in selected car
racingclass = nil
for i, cl in ipairs(classes) do
if selected.Tags:ContainsIgnoringCase(cl) then
racingclass = cl
break
end
end
-- logging
if racingclass ~= nil then
log('selected class: ' .. racingclass)
else
log('selected class: NIL')
end
-- in case there is no any tag at all, result is false
if racingclass == nil then
error('Can’t detect selected car’s racing class')
return false
end
-- result function which will try to find that tag in any tested car
return function(tested)
return tested.Tags:ContainsIgnoringCase(racingclass)
end"
}
Looks like the class of car needs to be "race" and the tags need to have the same tag. You could add tags into this script if you wanted also.
At the same time, know what it's searching for means that you can take your content and tag it, class it appropriately in order for it to work.
I use the same subclass all the time. Which means I will select a group of cars, use Content Manager to update the UI in all cars by adding a tag to all of them simultaneously such as #uglyyellowcars. Must have the # in front of it. That way when using the subclass feature, I could have a subclass with 300 cars in it, then using the random (or shuffle) feature in content manager, out of those 300 AI cars it has to choose from, if I select there to be 19 AI opponents, I have no clue who I'm racing against. It's all up in the air and the grid is always random as well as the skins.

Thanks a lot for this info. Just like you, I like to make filters, where I basically get some random field of competition. Most of the times I apply rather complex search filters, like: "class:street & country:german & year>2010 & power>300 & power<400". That works just fine. And the "normal" raceclasses are filtered by the "Tag" function anyway, like GT3 or GT4.

Because i manually rename everything on my desktop, i'm sorry if i've offended anyone here.
I don't read everything here, i don't have much time to devote to the forums.
Thank you Elio.
YOU thank you ! :embarrassed:

Who offended anyone by a little mistake involved by the way to facilitate the installation ?
Last but not least, You do your best to purpose to us better immersion, better graphics, better moods.

As I wrote before, some modders (and very well known and congratulated) did this kind of mistakes in their archives by missing a letter in the folder, by doing a redondant archive, It exists a lot of example like this.

So, I repeat to all, It’s better to get a look at the entire archive before installing it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all you did, you do and you will do for getting better Assetto Corsa.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Hi guys,
For some reason on the 720s gt3 mod my brake lights physically do not light up on the car, they give off light at night and such but they do not physically light up when I turn on headlights or brake.

As far as I can see in showroom there's a collider that hits the ground.
In colliders.ini, there is only this:

[COLLIDER_0]
CENTRE=0 ,30 ,0 ; where the center of the collision box will be placed. 0,0,0 XYZ reference is the CoG
SIZE=1.689,1.290 ,4.521 ; the size of the collision box in XYZ meters

No idea if this is the one to change and how? :embarrassed:

Two things fishy with that car's colliders, the above collider is 30 metres in the air!
And the collider.kn5 is buried half way into the ground.

Attachments

• colliders.zip
    327 bytes · Views: 26
  • collider.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 26
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back