Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,090 comments
I solved that problem by exchanging the tyres textures with those of the GTP Mazda-DPi
I appreciate the help. I already tried to replace them with matching tires from other cars a while ago, but the issue persist.
To be sure I now tried your tip to use the GTP Mazda DPi tires but they don't show up in the CM list ??

I did see who made it on Facebook I think. He said he was happy that people were improving it as he couldn’t progress himself. Post your edit up and I’ll remove my link so people grab the latest version 👍

Edit:

“...Thanks ,shadows,physics,reflections it was all to improve.
The base was found on Turkish 3d forum,I converted to assetto corsa.
The change of work and a total lack of time caused me to close my group, this mercedes and many other projects were not finished.”

- Kuba LB
Did your shadow fix alter the kn5 at all? If not then I can download yours with the fixed shadows, swap in my tweaked kn5 and put it out that way. Hopefully someone else can then take over and fix the various light lenses.

If I understand you correctly, you shouldn't do that because you would change just its data.

You should try to get the textures from GTP-Mazda, from the skin folder maybe. Or if there are none, open the car with CM showroom, click on the tyres and export their textures. After you got their textures, go back to the car with the problems and replace the tyres textures with new textures you recently exported.

Just came back to report I solved the issue by removing wheel_B_BLUR.dds from the skin folders...

Did your shadow fix alter the kn5 at all? If not then I can download yours with the fixed shadows, swap in my tweaked kn5 and put it out that way. Hopefully someone else can then take over and fix the various light lenses.
Unfortunately I had to modify the kn5, they will all need transferring over :boggled:

Hi ! ;)

I got the same "problem" today but I found myself the solution.

You have to look into the main folder of the car and you will see several KN5 files.
You have to choose the "porsche_917k_71_TWO_FLAPS" one (renaming temporary this KN5 file by the same name as the main one "porsche_917k_71").
After you done your previews, don’t forget to rename the main file "porsche_917k_71", and rename the other one "porsche_917k_71_TWO_FLAPS" like It was at the beginning.

I hope It’s clear..! :embarrassed:

You can also edit the file lods.ini to reference the static model, that way you can avoid the risk of accidentally deleting a .kn5

Believe it or not, I'm not that new here but was only a reader in this thread. In general what I don't like about you, is your attitude and aproach to make it look like I'm trying to get the track for free here... Believe me I don't need it that much. ;-)

For your information, the problem is, that the game crashes when I load my KS Nordschleife and change the PP Filter.
If I use a modded layout with modded textures, everything is fine and the game is not crashing.
I uninstalled and newly installed CSP (from V0.1.46 till V0.1.50), tried to "originalize" the Folder of "nordschleife" in ks_nordschleife as good as possible including a filescan and restore via Steam. Nothing worked.

I PMd you on your first post. Have a mirror virgin AC for backup (untouched Nords).

Any chance an F1 fan can share there sparks settings? Looking for those big, beautiful showers like on the 80s and 90s cars. I am not having much luck, mine looke like clumpy blobs of lava :lol::lol:

Thanks 👍

Like this? Think this was with a different shader though. They can change if x4 changed them from one to the other which he's done in the past. The very first demo video if you've seen it, had those perfect red hot balls of welding slag bouncing on the track, not anymore (that I've seen here).

If your getting blobs, try resetting particles.

8h4y.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately I had to modify the kn5, they will all need transferring over :boggled:
Oof! There was a lot of tweaking of shader values and replacing of materials in the cockpit amendments. I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to replicate it all. Was the shadow fix relatively simple? If so I'll send you my car (also has some other data fixes in driver3d etc) and you can hopefully apply the shadow fix to it (if it was easy)?

Oof! There was a lot of tweaking of shader values and replacing of materials in the cockpit amendments. I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to replicate it all. Was the shadow fix relatively simple? If so I'll send you my car (also has some other data fixes in driver3d etc) and you can hopefully apply the shadow fix to it (if it was easy)?
Yeah send it over no problem, I won't get around to it for a day or two though.

Yeah send it over no problem, I won't get around to it for a day or two though.
Will do. I'll PM it over. The cockpit should be a lot better for VR users now with the PBR shaders. I did lots of shader adjustments and material replacements. Some of the shaders (like the satin chrome on the radio controls, gear knob etc) were totally borked (just appearing white) and not easily fixed without creating big issues elsewhere so were swapped out for a different shader. Dashboard materials fixed. Leather on the seats is fixed but the stitching is still borked, changing alpha values didn't fix it. Weird. I sorted all the cockpit labels (window controls, dashboard labels, SRS Airbag etc etc) which had incorrect alpha values. I sorted the driver hand/wheel synch. Updated the driver model and suit/helmet/gloves. Mirrors will need flipping in the separate config created once they are all adjusted once in BLM car - they wouldn't flip with the mirror config in 'data'. Added proper AMG audio too.

Last edited:
I know most of you here like things to be as close to real as possible but I'm kinda struggling to get the numbers correct on the Gulf Porsche 917 LH.
Could someone check and see if this is the right font for the numbers?? I believe it's called Helvetica black but I'm not 100%

View attachment 903907
Halvetica seems correct, but it seems a bit too thick? maybe it should be "bold" not "black" ?

Attachments

• 917 LH.jpg
    917 LH.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 25
Here's a little update to the '71 NASCAR mod. Works for my road course version or original.
This adds flames to the car. Thanks to James Twitchell for the update.
This is just an update and not the whole car pack. Drag, drop and overwrite as necessary.
View attachment 903991

Nice!, where can the mod be found?
And while I'm here, does anyone else have a problem with CSP and the lights on track going way too bright as the time of day changes to night for about 4 or 5 seconds? I'm getting total screen whiteout for those few seconds and then everything returns to normal lighting as it should be. kinda annoying, wondering if I have to tweak something more or missing something. Using CM 36316, and CSP 0.1.46

Nice!, where can the mod be found?
And while I'm here, does anyone else have a problem with CSP and the lights on track going way too bright as the time of day changes to night for about 4 or 5 seconds? I'm getting total screen whiteout for those few seconds and then everything returns to normal lighting as it should be. kinda annoying, wondering if I have to tweak something more or missing something. Using CM 36316, and CSP 0.1.46

Okay so here is my time to do some kind of announcement...

With the inbound release of the Ferrari 488 mod. It appears clear that we lack manpower. Physics and sound aspect of the car took a lot of time ( and still is ).

While i'm modelling and putting all my love in the visuals of those cars, with the best Motec ever ( featuring things never done before ), with extra detail in interior ambient lighting at night ( and dynamic ). Crafting and tweaking carefully the materials of the car.

I have high expectations so I don't want to release those cars with standard physics from their ks counterparts. That's why I'm doing this call of arms here :
We highly need people skilled in sound and physics aspects of AC to get involved with us to get moving on all the cars already WIP ( pictures below )
There will be at some point some template for skin maker but this is low priority.

Also please note that I want people that are actually good at physics and sound, no newbie. To prevent any "leak", they may work on "prototype" cars to begin with, fleshed out of the candy-eye stuff.

You can contact me in PM.
Thanks for all that read so far :)

These frequent CM crashes continue to be a major pain in the ass but I've just realised that alt-tabbing to the crash dialogue and hitting 'delete' while still holding 'tab' will clear the message and let you return to CM. I've been having to quit AC/CM in task manager previously, or reboot the PC if TM wasn't responsive, so this potentially saves a LOT of pissing about.
Hope Ilja comes up with a permanent fix soon. Shame we can't revert to previous CM builds like we can with CSP.

These frequent CM crashes continue to be a major pain in the ass but I've just realised that alt-tabbing to the crash dialogue and hitting 'delete' while still holding 'tab' will clear the message and let you return to CM. I've been having to quit AC/CM in task manager previously, or reboot the PC if TM wasn't responsive, so this potentially saves a LOT of pissing about.
Hope Ilja comes up with a permanent fix soon. Shame we can't revert to previous CM builds like we can with CSP.

I opted out of "untested versions" of CM and crashes stopped for me. Try it.

EDIT: I just remembered, i did something else aswell. Cause errors sometimes cited yebis, i disabled everything on yebiset extension, and set post-processing to "disabled" in graphic options of csp. With FPS gained, i then could put antistropic filtering to 8x, and msaa to 4x, and ticked the fxaa, which i had unticked before. And it actualy looks better now than before, and no crashes. Hope it helps somebody else as well.

Last edited:
I opted out of "untested versions" of CM and crashes stopped for me. Try it.

EDIT: I just remembered, i did something else aswell. Cause errors sometimes cited yebis, i disabled everything on yebiset extension, and set post-processing to "disabled" in graphic options of csp. With FPS gained, i then could put antistropic filtering to 8x, and msaa to 4x, and ticked the fxaa, which i had unticked before. And it actualy looks better now than before, and no crashes. Hope it helps somebody else as well.

I just tried unticking the 'update to non-tested versions' box but can't seem to revert. Tried checking for updates and restarting CM but the version stays the same.
I'm on 0.8.2096.36316, data version 141. What version are you on?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back