ACC PS5 Version "Crashes" after joining or creating a private lobby

1. Rwaggy - ACC Community Manager — Idag 15:46​

@[VUP] Tomas__Vondracek Can you test the private lobbies again please but this time without the wheel plugged in and just using a controller.
  2. [15:46]
    Can you also confirm what wheel you have?

[VUP] Tomas__Vondracek — Idag 15:55​

Yes, gimi sec

3. [15:55]
    And i using t300

[VUP] Tomas__Vondracek — Idag 15:57
    It works! By controller

4. [VUP] Tomas__Vondracek — Idag 16:01
    And yeah, by wheel it still crashing...

Guys my bad, it doesn't work for me neither. I didn't noticed that i was creating a private lobby using a controller and that my steering wheel wasn't connected. The moment I connected my T300...a couple seconds later it crashed once again 😕🫤. Don't know what they gain by saying in the patch notes that they fixed this issue tho 🫤

Rwaggy - ACC Community Manager — Idag 13:27​

There's another patch coming relatively soon for both platforms but today's patch is to bring the platforms in line. So Compliance and bug fixes

I’ve been trying to create a Prive lobby whole day with the same error on ps5 and the same t300 wheel. Searched whole of the internet and by accident saw this post. This somewhat comforts me that it’s not me but apparently a bug. Let’s hope a patch will solve the issue.

1. Rwaggy - ACC Community Manager — Idag 17:10​

Ok fine, you've got me.
  2. [17:10]
    There's a new update coming out tonight at 5pm GMT
  3. [17:10]
    Both platforms

4. [17:10]
    Patch notes incoming

Assetto Corsa: Competizione (Console) v1.8.9.1 Patch Notes (2023 March 2)​

• 27 minutes ago
General Fixes
• Camera - Using both the "look left" and "look right" inputs at the same time to look backwards leaves the camera in that position even after releasing the buttons.
• Championship/Career - Mid-Session saves cannot be resumed.
• Commands lock panel appearing when the race is over.
• Controls becomes unresponsive a few seconds after joining and then leaving a private lobby.
• Default steering wheel presets not showing up.
• Impossible to interact with popups in case they appear while looking at Replays/Highlight.
• Multiple debug strings are displayed in private lobbies.
• Multiple qualifying sessions are not applied in Private Lobbies.
• The user is disconnected via timeout after 2 minutes and 10 seconds of waiting to join a CP server session.
• Dynamic Weather and track status stays on "no" and "optimum" respectively even with other options selected.
• Navigation via left thumbstick still working when trying to change a key-bind.
• Exiting a replay or loading a save mid-session freezes the display for a few seconds.
• Setup Date and Time is always the same.
• Some assets are erroneously visible while in spectator mode on multiplayer servers.
• The Player's engine sound clips out at low RPMs in the Single Player mode.
• User can join a CP session by selecting Please Refresh.
• On circuit Paul Ricard, the ideal line flashes too early telling the user to slow down at the wrong time.
• The rain VFX overlays the rear-view screen when the user uses an exterior camera-angle.

PS5 specific fixes
• Application crashes or becomes unresponsive when attempting to exit the matchmaking options in Multiplayer.
• Audio issues dropouts.
• Counting of Points in Career Mode messed up.
• In a private lobby, any custom cars selected by another user will be improperly displayed.
• Saving setups with a wheel connected.
• The car rear edges are being left behind.
• Unable to cycle through dashboards on cars.
• Yellow flag pitlane glitch.

Xbox specific fixes
• The title crashes in sessions following a resumption from Sleep/Suspended due to missing car setup data.
• Italian - Incorrect LOC text for 'Light Indicators' in HUD options.
• CP sessions at Imola are inaccessible despite 2020 GT DLC being installed.
• In Private Lobby setup, the Weather and Track Conditions menu displays as Single Player and the Starting Track Conditions submenu is missing.
• Occasional missing cursor focus on CONTINUE on results screens of Championship races.
• Title does not notify player of DLC dependency when having started a Championship with DLC content.
• Application does not accept input from the active controller when an additional user signs in.
• The user is required to terminate and re-launch the title in order to be able to use any DLC content.
• The title enters an indefinite partially unresponsive state after resuming from connected standby, Quick Resume, or a suspended state during a Private Multiplayer game session.
• The title provides access to the previous user’s Career save data following an Xbox profile change.
• Returning to the game while it was in a suspended state removes all FFB from the steering wheel.
• Adjust text for 'Not Connected' message when players try to join in progress sessions after Qualifying.

Last edited:
So, anyone able to test if this patch solved the issue for ps5? Cause it doesn’t seem so from the patch notes.

I tried it doesn’t seem to work still. Loaded into a private multiplayer by myself and the trusty T300 and was promptly booted.

So, anyone able to test if this patch solved the issue for ps5? Cause it doesn’t seem so from the patch notes.
Issue still there, one of the worst,and still not fixed..
Will have to be reported again

Hello everybody 👋
So i'm pleased to announce that the Private Online Lobbies are FINALLY full operational!! Hurraaaay! 💪💪
Now we can finally play with friends without having to create and pay for a private server 💪💪.
Just don't know if PS4 friends can also join the lobby by invitation tho 🤔

Last edited:
Hello everybody 👋
So i'm pleased to announce that the Private Online Lobbies are FINALLY full operational!! Hurraaaay! 💪💪
Now we can finally play with friends without having to create and pay for a private server 💪💪.
Just don't know if PS4 friends can also join the lobby by invitation 🤔
Oh my, sweet! Thx for checking as I wasn’t able to (not at home) and saw a new patch was out this week. Glad they finally solved it :)

So no more thrustmaster t300 crashes either?

Last edited:
Oh my, sweet! Thx for checking as I wasn’t able to (not at home) and saw a new patch was out this week. Glad they finally solved it :)

So no more thrustmaster t300 crashes either?
I'm still using my sweet T300RS and no issues what so ever! Created a lobby for about an hour with a friend and no crashes to report either 👍

Back