Ace Combat 04

• Thread starter thinkers
  • 17 comments
My fav PS2 game has to be the GTA series, GT3 follows closely behind :D

Ace Combat 04 is a very good game, just love the 2 player dogfight mode! :D

Is is true that I can shoot down most these planes and they will be available for purchase? I found this on a site

To unlock the planes there is an ace placed in each mission that you must find and shoot down. Here are the planes and locations for each mission.

1. F-5 just north of the allied airbase
2. A-10 north of the enemy airbase
3. F-16 South of the second radar station(the westernmost one)
4. Mirage 2000 Northwest of the westernmost radar jamming plane
5. MIG-29 South of the far western pumping station on the map
6. F-14 North of the northenmost group of enemies on the map
7. TND-IDS North of the solar tower
8. F-18 after refueling during the mission the ace will appear to the east of the main combat area
9. F-15C North of the center beach combat area
10. RF-01 Far upper northwest corner of the map, northwest of the sub base
11. SU-35 The ace will appear with about 90 seconds left during this mission
12. F-2 North of the stonhenge gun base
13. F-15E After clearing the radar balloons, enemy fighters will appear, the ace is in the north east
14. F-22 Ace is in the north east of the map
15. EF-2000 Ace will be in the center of the map when the mission starts(between the two southern combat zones)
16. F-117 Ace is located northwest of the westernmost combat zone(Due to stealth sometimes hard to find, head 2 grids north and 1 west)
17. F-15A Ace is located in the far northwestern corner of the map, past the city
18. S-37 The ace is located north of megalith.

Pffff I made a thread about this a while ago. Try that handy little search thingy on the bottom of the screen.

Anyways yes it IS true that you can shoot down all those planes and buy them. I have every single one and I have beaten the game on Ace numerous times. Great game! Now I'm waiting for Ace Combat 5/Project Aces to come out.

I played one of those Ace Combat games for lik 5 mins and got so sick and tired of the lacklustre sloppy controls and gameplay. It also seemed to have a very choppy framerate. Not a great game in my books.

2nd of all time next to GT3 for me would be GTA:VC, or FFX.

Originally posted by Hyperglide
I played one of those Ace Combat games for lik 5 mins and got so sick and tired of the lacklustre sloppy controls and gameplay. It also seemed to have a very choppy framerate. Not a great game in my books.

2nd of all time next to GT3 for me would be GTA:VC, or FFX.

really thats a first. every time I hear of the game people were uhh's and ahh's. I liked it myself. I think it was to short though. It could have been a few more stages. I really dont like the two player mode. not enough adventure. But the single player is very nice. Its my first airplane game.

Originally posted by Hyperglide

You must have not played Ace Combat, but one of those rip-off games. AC4 on PS2 runs at 60 FPS and has great control. How can you say AC4 doesn't have good gameplay when you only played 5 minutes of the game?

Ace Combat is on it's fourth game, going on five. Obviously, Namco is doing something right.

I picked this game up last week and it's pretty sweet. Vs. mode is awsome 👍

Oh and hyperglide said he played "one" of the ace combat games....it was probably the original one for PS1.

Ace Combat 04 is an amazing game. I'm right now slowly unlocking all the remaining paint schemes for the high end planes. Very fun game, with tons of action. The graphics still look good even today, and I can't wait for the multiplayer feature in Ace Combat 05!

Originally posted by Ev0
Ace Combat 04 is an amazing game. I'm right now slowly unlocking all the remaining paint schemes for the high end planes. Very fun game, with tons of action. The graphics still look good even today, and I can't wait for the multiplayer feature in Ace Combat 05!

I got this game about a month ago for my B-day. I started playing it a few weeks ago and I love this game. I'm in the process of getting all the different color aircraft as well. I was having trouble finding all the different plane locations, but the list above really helps. Thanks again MrSmith.

GT3 = favourite game
AC4 + second favourite game

Ace Combat is one of those hidden gems most people dismiss without playing it first, its seems to have been forgotten about by most UK magazines.

I've unlocked all planes (including the secret one!) now I am just getting the paint schemes.

If you guys dont mind going backwards...Pick up acecombat 3 ...for ps1...try to imagine you never saw ps2 graphics...lol...but seriously...i got that game when it first came out....THE MOST gorgeous game on ps1...i never thought ps1 could do that...but pick it up to hold u off till AC5

Doesn't this belong in the PS2 forum?

Hey, has anyone tried a USB joystick on AC 4? I hope it works for AC 5. I've said a million times that more game developers need to take greater advantage of the Playstation 2's hardware. It really pisses me off that they don't support the USB ports with cool peripheals like they could / should. It would push the Playstation 2 to a platform other consoles could only dream of.

Latest Posts

Back