Ace Combat 7PS4 

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 643 comments
Trailer for the Top Gun Maverick DLC...

...release date is 26th May. Looks like F/A-18E and maybe the F-14A? Can't see any mention of price, hopefully it isn't stupidly expensive.

Has to rank among the most pointless DLC packs ever.
Was actually intending to pick it up, as its a bit of fun and I am rather partial to a single seater Hornet...

...but £15.99 is way steeper than I expected. Will wait for a sale.

Was actually intending to pick it up, as its a bit of fun and I am rather partial to a single seater Hornet...

...but £15.99 is way steeper than I expected. Will wait for a sale.
I actually had to check PSN to see it for myself. What a ridiculous price.
One new plane model, and three reskins, and they are charging twice the price of the older packs which contained three new models each... I wonder if this is the result of having to pay for the Top Gun license, or if it is simply attempting to cash in on the popularity of the movie. Could at least have added a C-model Hornet as well.

I have some 450 hours in Ace Combat 7, and I very much want to support the team behind it, as it is a great game, but this is just absurd.

Edit: Clearly I am a simp for Ace Combat, so I'm probably going to buy it....

Last edited:
Edit: Clearly I am a simp for Ace Combat, so I'm probably going to buy it....
:lol: At least you are honest! As you say, the older packs with more new content were cheaper. I was expecting that this would be a fiver, but thought I'd probably cave in and get it if it was under a tenner.

That price seems ridiculously high, as you say I wonder if that is because of licensing (hope so rather than just cashing in).

Microscrap was nice enough to deposit a bit of a credit in my account for some reason (probably because I haven't bought much lately), that and a little left from a gift card got me most of it because I'm a sucker.

I just watched Top Gun Maverick (in 4DX no less) and
the design of the mission is so utterly bonkers it might as well be Ace Combat Maverick!

Probably would have costed way too much money but it would have been nice if there was a mission included in the DLC recreating one of the events in the movie. With like character portraits and voice acting, the whole deal.

A little disappointing but the new planes are cool.

Honestly it would be nice if Project Aces just straight-up made a licensed Top Gun game. The movie was great so a game with Ace Combat’s production value would be incredible.

Last edited:
"This is an unprecedented move. It seems like you've got some people looking out for you."

It seems a portion of ILCA and Project ACES have merged together to create a new studio dubbed "Bandai Namco Aces."

Takuya Iwasaki, who previously acted as the head of ILCA, has been brought on as the President & CEO of BNA. Interestingly, Iwasaki was the Project Lead during the development of Ace Combat 3. Kazutoki Kono will be acting as the Executive Vice President.

Given Takuya's previous works, as well as a decent number of references to AC3 on the website, it seems like the next title will connect with AC3 in some way.

Last edited:
Not sure about that name, but I'm happy to see the franchise is in great hands. I wonder if the logo will change as well.

The new update has so many callbacks to AC3! I'm calling it now the next game is an Electrosphere remake!

Attachments

• pyggu6e3w7f91.png
    pyggu6e3w7f91.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 14

Latest Posts

Back