Ace Combat 7PS4 

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 643 comments
Been toying with trying this for months (actually, probably years!) now. It is just the absence of single player content that puts me off. Really wish we got another IL2 or Birds of Prey for the current gen...

...along with a sequel to Apache Air Assault: love that game! Not perfect, but had a great feel. There is a Hind game on the PS4, but the reviews for it are very mixed, so I have avoided it. Might risk it if I see it cheap one day.
Thanks for that, will check it out.
Edit: would you know if apache is backward compatible on xbox?
Someone said hind is even on the same game engine, if it has same feel then can't be too bad.

Last edited:
A small skin pack, but it’s good to see AC7 still getting updates… in fact, the trailer confirms two more updates will be coming after this. I wonder what else they have in store…

I second the Apache Air assault recommendation. A brilliant helicopter sim-cade.

Also, sexy skins for the F-2, F-4 Phantom and F-15J incoming.

I was actually just getting ready to post this. Apparently there was an AC 25th Anniversary livestream that confirmed a couple things:
  • Alongside the JASDF skin pack, there will be 2 more paid DLC packs later down the line, one of which will include the F/A-18 Super Hornet Block III, which we see a glimpse of at the end of the trailer.
  • The next Ace Combat game is currently in development, and will be a collaborative project involving both Project ACES and ILCA, the same team currently developing the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes. I personally have a feeling that the next game will be a spin-off, though nothing remotely substantial has been confirmed.

• The next Ace Combat game is currently in development, and will be a collaborative project involving both Project ACES and ILCA, the same team currently developing the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes. I personally have a feeling that the next game will be a spin-off, though nothing remotely substantial has been confirmed.
Proof and link,?

Proof and link,?
This thread from the Ace Combat Subreddit, which includes:

kno7aihlv4i71.png

It was confirmed during the livestream, however it is completely in Japanese and won't have any English subtitles. The community member who first confirmed the news is also the person that basically runs the Ace Combat Wiki, so I'm pretty confident in this being legit.

Well, canonically Strangreal as a whole is moving towards a globalist policy, which greatly opens up the chances of playing as a pilot from and/or taking place in one of the lesser-known countries. It seems like they're trying to connect the current timeline to AC3, whose canonicleness (that's a word now) has been in limbo for quite a long time.

Gameplay-wise, chances are the silly tropes and one-man-kills-all combat style will still be there, as those are a big part of the Ace Combat identity. Replaying AC5 and Zero did make me aware of how useless your teammates are in 7, with the odd exception of the DLC missions. More competent squadmates and/or the return of the command prompt ingame would be very welcome.

What I would really like in the next game is co-op (which I'm amazed isn't a thing, the games seem made for it), and a much more robust and better-balanced multiplayer. AC7s multiplayer is definitely an afterthought (not helped by the chaotic development), but it is still a fun and mostly-functioning afterthought. The potential for a really good multiplayer mode is there, and after watching a whole bunch of footage of Ace Combat Infinity, I think that Bamco and Project ACES could hit a major home run if they give multiplayer a good amount of effort. Competitive PvE, PvP air battles, co-op campaign and the like would be very worthwhile additions, and imo would fully utilize the potential that these games have.

Crazy idea that likely won't happen: The game is rebooted and the story starts with the Strangereal version of WWII, and then the bad guys begin to introduce guided missiles and jets... This sets the stage for later games with planes from the Korean/Vietnam/Middle East wars... And then the meteor hits and we do it all over again! (One can dream.)

I believe Project Aces adding younger talent to the team with fresh ideas will pay huge dividends in the long term. I also believe the success of Project Wingman fired those guys up.

Looking forward to playing one of my childhood favorites on the PlayStation 5.

From the articles I've read it seems that ILCA will develop the game and Project Aces will supervise it. Just speculation on my part, BUT this makes we wonder if Project Aces has something else up their sleeve.

Last edited:
A Block III Super Hornet would be interesting if the game distinguished between different radar sets, and allowed you to actually employ the IRST on relevant aircraft. I'd prefer the F-18C, or maybe the thrust vectored HARV prototype.

It's a shame that fuel capacity / usage and radar types versus going visual / IRST only isn't featured at all.

Last edited:
Well, I can't fault Project Aces' commitment to keeping Ace Combat 7 updated with new content so far beyond launch. We now have a Cutting-Edge Aircraft DLC set to arrive in the autumn, featuring the F/A-18F Super Hornet Block III, F-2A Super Kai and MiG-35D Super Fulcrum.

We also have some extra skins arriving with the new planes. As usual, they'll be in the spoiler tags for anyone interested.

F-16C -General Resource-
F-15S/MTD -General Resource-
F/A-18F -General Resource-
F-2A -Nagase-
Su-57 -Scarface-
Su-37 -Varcolac-
MiG-31B -Varcolac-
F-16C -Windhover-
F-22A -Razgriz-
X-02S -Razgriz-
X-02S -Prototype-
ADFX-01 -Block I-
ADFX-01 -Glowing Red-

The game sold really well so I'm not surprised, none of that DLC is MUST HAVE for me though. AC7 has ran its course.

A modern MiG? Another glorious F16 variant? I love it. Not a fan of the vague release date though. If it's done then just release it so that I may throw my money at you!

Apologies for the late post to this thread, and I unfortunately haven't even gotten around to playing AC7 yet, but it would seem that there is representation of the Ukrainian Air Force in the game. Specifically, Su-33 skin #2. I know it's all just a game and that there are more tangible ways to help Ukraine, but I'm wondering if more of us should use that plane/skin en-masse, if only to send a message while we're otherwise playing.

Yes, I'm sure Putin will be greatly impacted by you playing a video game with a skin to show support for Ukraine in a war you likely have next to zero knowledge of :rolleyes:

There are better places on the forum for discussing the ongoing situation.
I know it doesn’t mean much and that it’s just a game, but I think it could be neat to show support while we’re otherwise playing.

The final piece of the Ace Combat 7 puzzle is now almost in place, with confirmation of a Top Gun DLC to arrive this spring. No more details have been announced as of this moment, but will surely be revealed soon.

Back