Acura NSX Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 184 comments
89th is pretty darn good. Congrats! đź‘Ť

500,000,000 seems like a lot. I was thinking more along the lines of 250,000 entries but have no idea. Last I checked I was in the 6000s. I'm happy with that.

well, when PD released anticipated GT5 in 2010(?) the early TT events had over 200,000 participants so i think your guess is not too far off. i doubt there are many for this event as some hadnt even bothered.

what worthwhile doing is make another account and towards the end of the event, like day before, you roll your car and do a clean lap, stop before the finish line, wait for a minute or two, cross the line aiming to be the slowest the last driver on the list to see how many participants took part. i suspect some people do this thats why there are so many junk duplicate accounts that noone cares and forgot they are even there.lol

edit: oh thank you by the way!:cheers: it was my first top 100 finish and i didnt expect it to happen this soon. i thought id get pushed out but i wasnt thanks to some stubborn fast drivers who refuse to use SRF;)

Last edited:
Had no time in these days to try out your tip (15kg ballast on rear & 7.30/8.70 spring) to reduce understeering.

Still i managed to finish at 71st and my scirocco lap at 73rd with a ds3 ;) And + also my corvette and amg seasonal i'm at 971st place both on them, just checked now... lol

Tomorrow will start these 2 new seasonals

@ccaranna

FYI i actually tried to better my time with '91 type R but to no avail, the best i could come up with was mid 2:15s, a second slower than '02. there are no aeros available for this car so i had to stiffen up the front suspension a little bit to induce bit of understeer to make the car stable. and only 5 gears too, which shouldnt affect performance too much but i had to set individual gear specifically to deal with certain key corners. with its lower default PP, the car allows you have more hp per weight but my own '02 ghost pulled away on each corner exit i just couldnt keep up with it. its not just the better power/weight ratio that makes the car accelerate faster. '02 is simply a better car of the two and the fastest nsx ever made i think.

[quote="
About driving aids, I built this tune without using driving aids then went back with SRF and Active Steering in order to drop my times. Two things. First, the balance of the tune really did not change when I added SRF and again when I added AS. SRF seems to act like the next softer tire. I expected AS to allow for me to build a more tail happy tune and allow the AS to catch it. The issue is that the AS, even set to strong, will catch the car, but little catches seem to be faster than big slide catches. So I went back to the original, no aids tune and went the fastest.
try to discredit the tune or my lap time on the basis that I used driving aids. If you do not want to use aids, as mentioned above, the tune balance seems the same no matter which aid I turned on. As for my choice to use them, that is really my choice. I think of it this way. During the traction control era of Formula One, did some teams choose not to use it on the principal of being more authentic? If one team did, how did they perform, how many wins did they get, how many new fans did they acquire? The rules were set for the seasonal and if it is faster to use aids, I am going to do so for the seasonal. When I race online I look for rooms racing on sport tires, a reasonable PP level and only ABS1 allowed.[/quote]

I think PD needs to do the following:

1. If a car built prior to the usage of sequencial (paddle) shifting, the allow the H pattern. Also, the stock setup for the car should exclude all driving aids, even ABS. That would at least in theory make the driving experence more authentic. If the player choses to customize the car, he/she can have whatever setup and parts they desire.

Cars (especially racing cars) of this era should default to sequencial shifting. This is especially true of X and F1 cars.
I'm not sure, but I don't think any modren race cars compete without some kind of driving aids.
Gran Turismo should know enough about cars to install the proper equipment for each car and era the car ran/runs in. So while they are fixing the game on the fly, they might at least pay some attention to that fix.

Back