Acura NSX Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 184 comments
Ahhhh. Gotcha. Thank you. Also, could anybody give me the best sequence/ratios for doing the transmission trick? I think I messed something up because 6th gear does nothing at all.

I think what I did was reset the transmission, put the final gear at 5.500, then set the top speed to minimum, and then setting the ratios that he posted.

Nice tune, thanks for posting. Was able to get down to 2:14.795 with it. I guess you are right about running it with less weight and power. Works well.

glad you liked it! and, please dont go any faster than youre already!lol i was away for 2 days and i reeeealy dont think im still in top 50 now:grumpy:

Last edited:
Thanks for the setup. Finally god my first clean lap in it with a 2:11.668 for 4th place. Still about 6 tenths left to find out there but I don't feel all that motivated to go for it right now.

glad to be of your help sir! i cant believe a demi-god like you, mr doodle, actually used MY setup!:eek: im quite proud of myself that my setup is good enough to aim for the top in the hands of extremely talented.

ive been helped by a lot of members here in terms of setup and driving tips greatly so i had to repay this time with my setup that i knew it was pretty good but i also knew by doing so make a lot of others jump ahead of me on LB...:(

oh well:cool:

setup update for NSX type R 02

good enough to do high 2:14.3s, 37th, full of mistakes so there is a lot left in this car.

aero kit with biggest rear wing that you like.

470PP/257hp/1039kg/46:54

95/95
7.35/8.65
5/2
2/5
4/4
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.05
f7/r8 standard brakes

do tranny trick, set final 3.970, 1st&2nd tallest, 6th shortest, spread 3&4&5 evenly in between.

10/20/15, triple-plate clutch

power limiter at 88.7%

max downforce - 20, stage 3 weight reduction, carbon hood, lightened window.

short shift at 7k or earlier. with narrowed rpm range, it is now a super-close gear ratio. be ready to downshift as fast as you can on slow hairpins.

the car has neutral to just slight understeer so drive aggressively as you possibly can.

depends on how brave you can be at Hill corner makes or breaks your lap - if youre behind your own ghost at this point, nothing to lose, just go for it.👍

i go to test this tune :)

good enough to do high 2:14.3s, 37th, full of mistakes so there is a lot left in this car.

95/95
7.35/8.65
5/2
2/5
4/4
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.05
f7/r8 standard brakes

do tranny trick, set final 3.970, 1st&2nd tallest, 6th shortest, spread 3&4&5 evenly in between.

power limiter at 88.7%

short shift at 7k or earlier. with narrowed rpm range, it is now a super-close gear ratio. be ready to downshift as fast as you can on slow hairpins.

the car has neutral to just slight understeer so drive aggressively as you possibly can.

depends on how brave you can be at Hill corner makes or breaks your lap - if youre behind your own ghost at this point, nothing to lose, just go for it.👍

Very nice. I used your suspension and weight settings. Quickly from 2:18.0xx to 2:16.822.
Thanks.

I'm using Hornet Burnout's updated settings for the 02 Nsx with no SRF and everything off, including Abs, and I'm at 2.19.667. Will try other setups to compare them. Best Regards

I'm using Hornet Burnout's updated settings for the 02 Nsx with no SRF and everything off, including Abs, and I'm at 2.19.667. Will try other setups to compare them. Best Regards

Thanks for the feedback! If you haver any suggestions after comparing please share your insights :cheers:

I'm going to move up the PP list of available NSX's keeping them completely stock and see if I can get gold. Doubtful, but I'm going to keep plugging away at this one. It's one of my favorite cars at a very challenging track. So why not? :)

How did you go with this? I am doing the same thing. Up to the type S '97. No SRF. 2:29.789

How did you go with this? I am doing the same thing. Up to the type S '97. No SRF. 2:29.789

So it was the Type S '97 for you too? Good deal. I'm going through the rest of the cars and only have a few left. I got slightly better times with a Type S Zero, but couldn't quite get gold with some of the others in 10 laps. I'll post my times once I'm finished.

Last edited:
Used a stock Type R '92 with an oil change and got 2:23.967 with a couple of mistakes. No aids except ABS.As far as I can see the fastest non-SRF lap on the leaderboards is from EP829171 with 2:17.280. Though someone who used SRF and got a faster lap with it than without SRF could've hidden that slower non-SRF lap.

Last edited:
So it was the Type S '97 for you too? Good deal. I'm going through the rest of the cars and only have a few left. I got slightly better times with a Type S Zero, but couldn't quite get gold with some of the others in 10 laps. I'll post my times once I'm finished.

The '93 was good enough for gold (2:32.561). The gear ratios are shorter(than the 90 and 91) and the car is a bit less tail happy (unless it was just me getting used to the car/track). Although from the 95' onwards I noticed the car is definitely more planted but the biggest time improvement has been the 97 for sure (2+ seconds)

The '93 was good enough for gold (2:32.561). The gear ratios are shorter(than the 90 and 91) and the car is a bit less tail happy (unless it was just me getting used to the car/track). Although from the 95' onwards I noticed the car is definitely more planted but the biggest time improvement has been the 97 for sure (2+ seconds)

Now that I know the track a little better I'm going to go back and try the early models again and see if I can improve. My first series of attempts were fraught with invalidated laps mainly while I learned the best lines through Piff-Paff and the other chicane that's not really a chicane.

Improved to 2:13.710 last night and ranked 40th, only to be dropped down to 48th this morning. Trying to stay in the top 50... Still using Jujiro's excellent tune.

looks like heat is on! i knew the LB lacked the usual suspects hence my unusual high ranking. on last weeks apart from few names all top 50 players were unknowns, looks like fast players werent taking this event seriously. we have only 3 days left and when they start drive seriously i think mid-fielder like myself will be pushed out of top 100 soon...:( i have to find time to play and improve:irked:

Now that I know the track a little better I'm going to go back and try the early models again and see if I can improve. My first series of attempts were fraught with invalidated laps mainly while I learned the best lines through Piff-Paff and the other chicane that's not really a chicane.

I have done all the stock cars I could find. Being my first time without SRF and rarely using this track the lower PP cars probably suffered from that in the lap times (~6 laps per car with at least two valid laps):

NSX '90…………………………………………………….. 2:34.837……. 108,318th
Acura NSX '91…………………………………………… 2:34.932
NSX '93……………………………………………………… 2:32.561
NSX '95……………………………………………………… 2:32.169
Acura NSX '97…………………………………………… 2:32.179
NSX '97……………………………………………………… 2:30.057
NSX '99……………………………………………………… 2:30.765
NSX Type S '97…………………………………………. 2:29.789
NSX Type S '99…………………………………………. 2:30.759
Acura NSX '04…………………………………………… 2:28.629
NSX Type S Zero '97………………………………… 2:27.812
NSX Type S Zero '99………………………………… 2:27.346
NSX Type S '01…………………………………………. 2:25.692
NSX Type R '92…………………………………………. 2:24.544
NSX Type R '02…………………………………………. 2:23.215……… 3408th

I am now tuning the Type R'02. I am a total noob at tuning so it is just for fun but if I can squeeze into the top 1000 I'd be quite happy. Currently 2130th with a 2:21.705.

95/95
7.35/8.65
5/2
2/5
4/4
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.05
f7/r8 standard brakes

power limiter at 88.7%

Thanks for your tune, 2:20:313 without SRF in about 3 laps.

see what happens when you share your setups? everyones into 12s & 13s, ahead of me:grumpy: lol

on serious note, all top 10 drivers arent seem to be using rear wings, except doodle (because he is using my setup). some are just using front aero kit, like Takeuchi. some are using none at all. my belief was that since rear wing doesnt add any PP and rear downforce stabilises your car and increases your traction and AIR IS FREE TO USE - so to me its too stupid not to take advantage of.

if you feel that your car has more understeer than you like you can always add little bit of ballast at the back to eliminate it easily and allocate freed up PP to increase your hp. but i personally prefer this setup because of its predictable handling, with slight understeer, i can throw the car around on corners really aggressively and still be in control and since a mid-fielder like me could get into top 50 surely the setup must be damn good!

custom wheels seem to be a good thing since they fixed the bug - i stayed away from custom wheels...when i installed them on my mclaren f1 it was disaster, 630hp on 235/45 skinny back wheels - not good! but they fixed that bug so you dont lose any tyre width now. i see Takeuchi did install custom wheels now, +1 inch by the looks of it and he has gone more than a second faster. might not make you noticeably quicker but certainly wont make you any slower for sure.

Since Jujiros tune has gotten so much positive feedback in this thread I decided to give it a try for a couple laps, and the first lap I drove was already faster than my previous best (keep in mind I haven't touched this TT or the car for like a week). Then I redlapped 2 laps on the first chicane, which I decided to drive through anyway to get a feel for the car, and saw a 2.16 and a 2.14 respectively.

Then I proceeded to go for a valid lap, and I had a pretty good run on a couple of them, but only to get trashed at Hill. Each good lap I tried to do ended badly on that corner, it's insane. I thought since I gave it a rest I could get rid of my fear towards that corner, but no. Every dang time I ruined it in that corner, or somewhere pretty close to it, just because I started panicing. I think that one corner is totally ruining that track for me.

But enough ranting, all in all I think Jujiros tune is the best one in this thread when aiming for good times, and that's what I recommend to atleast try if someone is looking to improve. Just a warning; Hill is there, waiting for you, and it has a huge appetite for ruining your laps, and your mood.

Same for me deton, today i did at least 10 laps with jujiro tune, i will say only 2 finished the lap... first chicane and last corner can be tricky. I take them quite easy for now than i will try and see if i can be consistent.

Since Jujiros tune has gotten so much positive feedback in this thread I decided to give it a try for a couple laps, and the first lap I drove was already faster than my previous best (keep in mind I haven't touched this TT or the car for like a week). Then I redlapped 2 laps on the first chicane, which I decided to drive through anyway to get a feel for the car, and saw a 2.16 and a 2.14 respectively.

Then I proceeded to go for a valid lap, and I had a pretty good run on a couple of them, but only to get trashed at Hill. Each good lap I tried to do ended badly on that corner, it's insane. I thought since I gave it a rest I could get rid of my fear towards that corner, but no. Every dang time I ruined it in that corner, or somewhere pretty close to it, just because I started panicing. I think that one corner is totally ruining that track for me.

But enough ranting, all in all I think Jujiros tune is the best one in this thread when aiming for good times, and that's what I recommend to atleast try if someone is looking to improve. Just a warning; Hill is there, waiting for you, and it has a huge appetite for ruining your laps, and your mood.

on Hill corner, if you always lose your tail go through it at higher gear to reduce oversteer. if you understeer wide onto grass on exit, change down to lower gear to rotate the car inward. if you experience both, change down a gear or two to induce oversteer to turn into that corner and as soon as your car turned, quickly change up a gear or two to stabilise your car. i often use left foot brake while i apply throttle and what it does is gives front end more brake bias since your rear driving wheel has less brake because your giving throttle so you can decelerate without rear stepping out.

the important corners on this track i think are Rafael, Sebring and Hill. those are the only corners you can overcook - the rest are no threat because the car has so much cornering ability it wont go out the track.

Rafael brake early and stop brake early - coast the car a little bit before you turn into it.

Sebring is quite a fast corner than it looks, 4th or 5th gear corner. carry a lot of speed into it.

Hill, well, its a make or break corner. if youre not much ahead of your ghost at this point what have you got to lose, just go for it. if youre well ahead of your ghost, well, do you want to be remembered as a guy who bravely went for it and spectacularly failed, or a guy who chickened out and lost almost all advantage and crossed the finish line only by -0.007 quicker than previous? um, i choose the latter.lol

Back