Add own music to the playlist...

  • Thread starter Thread starter BeardOfChuck
  • 29 comments
  • 4,228 views
Messages
381
So , i've put some music on my harddrive , but how do I insert them in the GT5 playlist ? I kind find the answer using the search bar and I can't find the option in the enormous menu of GT5.
 
So , i've put some music on my harddrive , but how do I insert them in the GT5 playlist ? I kind find the answer using the search bar and I can't find the option in the enormous menu of GT5.

in options go to audio settings and turn on user playlist
 
Better yet, does anyone know how to mute the music during gameplay and menu navigation. I would like to hear just the racing sounds, not "Nelly"

Thanks.
 
Better yet, does anyone know how to mute the music during gameplay and menu navigation. I would like to hear just the racing sounds, not "Nelly"

Thanks.

Try in the sound options?

Thats just a crazy wild guess!
 
Forgive my ignorance, but where are the sound options. I am about to go crazy listing to that muzak. I feel like im in an elevator. I want to turn off the music across the board.

Update: I pulled my head out long enough to see where the sound options are. Much better now.
 
Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but where are the sound options. I am about to go crazy listing to that muzak. I feel like im in an elevator. I want to turn off the music across the board.

Update: I pulled my head out long enough to see where the sound options are. Much better now.

the options menu in the Main Menu.
one row down, and continue right, there are more
options.
Yeah, that took me for a surprise when I saw that
it was sort of "hidden". Found the extra options
by accident.
 
Anyone happen to know if you can stream music from a media server or do the songs have to be on the PS3s hard drive?
 
Anyone happen to know if you can stream music from a media server or do the songs have to be on the PS3s hard drive?

They have to be on the hard drive.
 
Can this trick work for Menu BGM too?
 
I tried this and it only lets me select one song for menu ad one for race?! What's the use of that!
 
Can this trick work for Menu BGM too?

Yep :)

But there seems to be a bug where it "forgets" this setting every few days.

I tried this and it only lets me select one song for menu ad one for race?! What's the use of that!

Select the first song of a playlist.
 
WOW, didn't even know we could listen to our own music while racing.

time to load up some music to the ps3
 
I think that loading music on the PS3 is a waste of time and space, especially because if you do a two minute race and the song your listening to doesnt end it will restart that same song next race.

I just make a little queue on youtube and set it to auto play and shuffle
 
Yep :)

But there seems to be a bug where it "forgets" this setting every few days.



Select the first song of a playlist.

And then it will play the whoel playlist?
 
It will unless you dont finish the song completely then it will keep restarting the same song over and over.
 
I think that loading music on the PS3 is a waste of time and space, especially because if you do a two minute race and the song your listening to doesnt end it will restart that same song next race.

I just make a little queue on youtube and set it to auto play and shuffle

yea but I rather listen to half of my song then the whole song of theirs (aside from the songs soul on display and the other one the artist makes).
 
It will unless you dont finish the song completely then it will keep restarting the same song over and over.

Most songs finish before a race does.
 
Not really, most songs are like 3-5 minutes long and a lot of them get repeated. Pretty much the only reason I dont use music off my HDD.
 
Not really, most songs are like 3-5 minutes long and a lot of them get repeated. Pretty much the only reason I dont use music off my HDD.

At the stage of the game that I'm at every race lasts over 5 minutes.
 
Ipod ftw?
 
And then it will play the whoel playlist?

That's correct. There are also shuffle and repeat options :)

The user BGM settings are really unintuitive and not very obvious at all unfortunately.
 
I dont even really listen to music when I drive anyways but if I do its a youtube playlist I make myself quickly.
 
youtube playlist??? I don't understand, why are you using youtube
 
I don't really etiher, it's nice at the menu to have my own tunes instead of the same annoying GT ones that have been there forever!

Listen to youtube all you want, the point is there's the option here to listen to your own playlists which are already on my PS3 system in game. I never asked how ELSE can I listen to music? Go find a thread that asks hwo do you listen to music during the game or something. Geeezzzzzz. Some remedials about aye!
 
I haven't tried a playlist yet, I think it would be great to race to some of those songs 'you find yourself driving too fast to' .

Is there a 'skip to next song in playlist' in the controller configuration/button mapping?
 
Screw taking up space on the XMB, just go to sound settings, take out the music, keep the rest of the audio features such as engine noise and crank it up. then crank up your iPod/MP3/?youtube?/pandora/ .net.gov.org. and rock on down the track!
 
Screw taking up space on the XMB, just go to sound settings, take out the music, keep the rest of the audio features such as engine noise and crank it up. then crank up your iPod/MP3/?youtube?/pandora/ .net.gov.org. and rock on down the track!

Well that's actually what the space is for!
 
Back