Advice Thread: What Is Wrong With Me?

Hi!

I have just tried the real RedBull in a non-oval circuit for the first time, and wanted to know if I’m missing something here. I didn’t change the setup, and used racing hard tires. It felt really understeery through slow corners. Please, what do you think about this lap?

Here's the in-depth review:
T1: You can go later at the brakes, around the halfway point of the two meter boards
T2: Since you're going for a wide entry line into T2, you can get some more throttle going there, just lightly tap the brake
T3: It's taken flat out
T4: You can take the brakes later, and you can also turn in much more. You can cut really really badly in this corner, so go for it. You can also wash wide beyond the curbs, so don't worry lifting off if you feel like you're gonna go over them
T5/6: You can take a wider entry through a later turn-in, and by being braver on the throttle on exit you can wash wide and use all of the track
T7/8/9: You don't have to apply brakes; just a simple lift would suffice going into turn 7. 8 and 9 still flat out using this line :)
T10/11: Perfect
T12: You can have more confidence on the throttle on exit. Don't be afraid to use all the track
T13/14: These turns are flat out, but I think you already know and just wasn't able to do this since you momentarily lost control of the car.
T15/16: You can brake later, as well as lighter. Trail brake all the way to the apex of T15, then apply throttle and use all of the track to set yourself up for a wide entry on T16. Entry on this turn is just a simply lift like you did, but you can be a bit more confident on the throttle again on exit
T17: Just like T15, you can brake later and lighter by braking all the way to the apex. You can smoothly mash the throttle when you hit the apex to use all of the track outside
I never tried Gr.2, but I can see one thing, apart from a place you lost some balance in the second half of the lap. T5.
That turn is really important. The sooner you can get back on throttle, the better, because it ends on an uphill section. You’re going too tight. Stay more on the left slowly turn in. Every turn is important, but this track has 2 places where I usually get nervous to get it right. The T5 and the hairpin. Getting uphill if you got the turn wrong and have no exit speed feels like eternity!

This is a lap I did some time ago in the Gr.3 Alfa Romeo. I know it’s different, but at least the line should be about the same.

This is great stuff, thank you. Just one more thing, would appreciate it if someone did a reference lap for me in the Gr.2 GT-R.

Can someone teach me the Streets of Willow Springs 2? I have no reference lap whatsoever since I'm still at school but I really really wanna try today's Race B with it using Gr. B :(

Back