AE86 Lounge

• Thread starter KSL
  • 169 comments
Not that way though!
Understeer is used to perform sick angles entries, in your video your car just straighten most of the time!

Just started to practice drifting with my old Driving Force Pro wheel, but I set it at 200 degrees for now (I still suck at full 900 degrees:tdown:) Replays look a lot better than my controller drifting, front wheels don't look like they are having seizures.

so here's my first video with the driving force pro using the levin. scored 21,000 (section-mode)

Me drifting in my beloved car :)

I didnt do any modifications as i am a noob at it. Some good settings would be very appriciated. As the ones that are in the drift depot are making me even worse in drifting :yuck: :grumpy:

I manged to get over 17000 points.

So what exactly ia the AE86?
I've watched initial D and seen it but never heard of this car until then.
Is it rare or something?

It's not rare, outside the game of course in fact their quite common even now despite being out of production for over twenty years. Their popular with street racers because they're lightweight and well balanced, perfect for both racing and drifting. Not to mention Keiichi Tsuchiya considers them his favorite cars to drive, making them even more legendary.

It's not rare, outside the game of course in fact their quite common even now despite being out of production for over twenty years. Their popular with street racers because they're lightweight and well balanced, perfect for both racing and drifting. Not to mention Keiichi Tsuchiya considers them his favorite cars to drive, making them even more legendary.
Oh I see now, thanks for explanation.

there were also one of the last cars Toyota made in the rwd format as all coupes and hatch backs except the supra are fwd

An AE86 is a chasis code for the 1983-87 corolla in America Trueno/Levin in Japan. It was a RWD compact that While not fast cornered like a beast! This was because of The 50/50 weight distribution, Light weight and the 4age engine. They arent really hard to find but if you did it's not cheap for a 30 year old car.

Btw mostly Drifters drive hachi rokus, the car really isn't fast at all.

P.S. That's why you are getting understeer! The 86 is notorious for understeer! Also "Understeer" is NOT a way to get sick angle, while Drifting. That would be "oversteer"! Understeer for example is when you speed into a corner and you turn the wheel but the tires won't grip and the car won't turn! Oversteer is how you get angle! You pull the E brake to induce oversteer. Just letting u know.

Btw mostly Drifters drive hachi rokus, the car really isn't fast at all.

P.S. That's why you are getting understeer! The 86 is notorious for understeer! Also "Understeer" is NOT a way to get sick angle, while Drifting. That would be "oversteer"! Understeer for example is when you speed into a corner and you turn the wheel but the tires won't grip and the car won't turn! Oversteer is how you get angle! You pull the E brake to induce oversteer. Just letting u know.
I use braking drift

An AE86 is a chasis code for the 1983-87 corolla in America Trueno/Levin in Japan. It was a RWD compact that While not fast cornered like a beast! This was because of The 50/50 weight distribution, Light weight and the 4age engine. They arent really hard to find but if you did it's not cheap for a 30 year old car.

Who wouldn't know about a AE86. 16v 4A-GEU(4A-GEC in the US) were good but I prefer the 20v. They rock!

Yeah but no one will have that set up on the street. I know there are some but they arnt daily drivers or drifter's, more for show than anything.

For street, 16v is what you want.

Back