AE86 Lounge

• Thread starter KSL
  • 169 comments
Just got a Levin GT-Apex here. Any good setups? :)

i just full tuned its ass of it (sold it after and 217 HP with the same RPM range as the Stock Trueno)lol. my trueno is full tuned(the stock one and is 207 HP in total with 7900 RPM) also my ss version is also full tuned. There all N/A Tuned though. My AE86s are all white since I repainted the Stock Trueno.

I've been searching the used car garage for DAYS trying to find the amazing little car with no luck =/

Does anyone happen to have a spare that wouldn't mind trading for another car?

Same here, been waiting for a trueno or ss version since I got the game but only managed to find the levin so far and no one wants to trade. Hoping to find some help here to get the ss in the 86 lounge...

Isn't this most overrated car in drifting history? It USED to be a cheap alternative, isn't that why it became so popular? What about an early 80's supra?

^ You sir are correct. It takes alot to get these things to act right irl.

First of all, I hate hatchback corolla's. I wish GT would have included a coupe model. Another thing I wish they would have done is widened the car up a bit. The look funny cause they are a little too skinny.

Anyway, I picked one of these things up last night because a friend said, "wow, an ss corolla, buy it." So I bought it, swapped tires, didn't touch anything else. Went to tsukuba, did 15k and some change, first lap. I guess they aren't so bad afterall.

Having real life exprerience with AE86 IMO they are actually quite difficult to drift in real life. The margin of error is small, one small mistake and you're going straight into a wall. The car teaches you to be 100% all the time, unlike a s13 where it's "easier" to correct mistakes. I give much respect to IRL ae86 drifters as it take hell of a lot more skill to drift than a s-chassis.

Also don't know if you guys noticed but many top d1 drivers used to drift ae86 back in the day.

Having real life exprerience with AE86 IMO they are actually quite difficult to drift in real life. The margin of error is small, one small mistake and you're going straight into a wall. The car teaches you to be 100% all the time, unlike a s13 where it's "easier" to correct mistakes. I give much respect to IRL ae86 drifters as it take hell of a lot more skill to drift than a s-chassis.

Also don't know if you guys noticed but many top d1 drivers used to drift ae86 back in the day.

👍 Totally agree, I drove ae85 then switched to ae86. compared to my brother's S13 K series, the S13 is much easier to get it sideways.

@at the d1 part: ya actually there was alot of D1 drivers who drove Hachi Rokus, I was watching Best Motoring Video Special Vol.41 on YT and There was Taniguchi, Nobusuige, and Orido who were people driving AE86s back in the old days

I can't find my old option VHS (<---hahaha) with Ueo, Suenaga, and a bunch of other hachi guys competiting in Ikaten (it was raining). Ueo's car was black and Suenaga was a red notchback.

I was actually in an AE86 only lounge yesterday, almost everyone had no experience at all, not good....

This was fun for me, as a good drifter I had the pleasure of dodging all the fails and noobs. Made Tsukuba a lot more fun than doing it on my own...

Also have AE86 drift video, which some of you have seen..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCJshLG6bZI

I was actually in an AE86 only lounge yesterday, almost everyone had no experience at all, not good....

This was fun for me, as a good drifter I had the pleasure of dodging all the fails and noobs. Made Tsukuba a lot more fun than doing it on my own...

Also have AE86 drift video, which some of you have seen..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCJshLG6bZI

Hope you drifted with no ABS on the AE86. The AE86 never came with ABS.

Isn't this most overrated car in drifting history? It USED to be a cheap alternative, isn't that why it became so popular? What about an early 80's supra?

it was cheap at one point but Initial D (where i think it got popular from) changed that, true u may b able to find one from a person who doesnt know about its popularity but thats getting more rare these days.

what an mk2 supra.......i dont know, the torque is good, i guess (i owned one, a p-type) but the actual hp is kinda low for a heavy feeling car. i think the mk3 supra turbos are underrated. its turbo, rear wheel, comes with an lsd, its drift ready, it has TEMS (but i think the difference isnt has noticeable as people think), but people usually go for s13 instead. i know its a bit on the heavy side but more original then going with a more common drift car like the s13. my 2 cents

btw i drive a panda ae86 in real life :P

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

Have you changed the LSD settings to drift with the 86 ?

I know it's more than fine stock, but would someone post their LSD and suspension settings ?

So what exactly ia the AE86?
I've watched initial D and seen it but never heard of this car until then.
Is it rare or something?

Back