AE86 Lounge

• Thread starter KSL
  • 169 comments
Well Takumi has alot of upgrades on his 86. His 1st common upgrades were a Fujitsubo Muffler, RS Wanatabe F8 Rims, Cibie Foglights. Fujiwara Tofu Shop(Private) Sticker and a Zenki Front Lip. After the engine blow in Episode 6 of 2nd Stage, Bunta installed a Illegal version of the 20v 4age known as the TRD Group A 20v Silvertop 4AGE. This was a high rev version of its original. Bunta later installed A Bucket Racing Seat since it wasn't comfortable. Takumi had trouble for days ever since the Engine was change. In Episode 11 of 2nd Stage, Takumi installed the 2 Oil and Water Temp Gauge and the Smiths 12k Tachometer with a few help from his friends. The car rev to 11,000 RPM!! In Episode 5 of 4th stage, a another Bucket Racing Seat was place at the passenger seat, a Carbon Fiber Hood was added and Carbon Fiber headlights were added. Car outputs 240HP/11,000 RPM. If someone had that engine In real life, It'd be hard to make the car go to 240 HP at 11k because It is 250 HP at 11k in real life. weird ehh?

TRD never raced a 20V atlantic and neither it was "Illegal" LOL

From wikipedia
Toyota sponsored the Champ Car Atlantic Championship from 1990 to 2005. A kit version of the 4A-GE from Toyota Racing Development was used to power Formula Atlantic cars during this period. This engine used a modified 16-valve head and produced approximately 240 bhp (179 kW) at 8400 rpm, revving out to 10,000–12,000 rpm.

It was a 16V 4age and was producing 240hp not 250!
You can find the whole engine (or head and block) once in a while on ebay at an okay price (around 1K for head and 1K for the block).

Remember Initial D is a freaking cartoon, is AWESOME but far from real life.
I do own a ae86 1985 and Had 5 others of them. They are pain in the ass just to keep in road, they are old cars and everything want to break in those.
They are hard to really drift like in all videos that you show. The engine lack of HP and Torque like hell.

BUT the are awesome to learn how to drive, fwd cars and how mechanics work!

From wikipedia
Toyota sponsored the Champ Car Atlantic Championship from 1990 to 2005. A kit version of the 4A-GE from Toyota Racing Development was used to power Formula Atlantic cars during this period. This engine used a modified 16-valve head and produced approximately 240 bhp (179 kW) at 8400 rpm, revving out to 10,000–12,000 rpm.

You can find the whole engine (or head and block) once in a while on ebay at an okay price (around 1K for head and 1K for the block).

I do own a ae86 1985 and Had 5 others of them. They are pain in the ass just to keep in road, they are old cars and everything want to break in those.
They are hard to really drift like in all videos that you show. The engine lack of HP and Torque like hell.

its not atlantic. wow ur dumb i said Group A

From wikipedia

Did i say Atlantic? hmm hmm?!? no i didnt u blind ass so shut up and look what i said b4 u write stuff about it and Atlantic didnt even participate in the Group A Series

From wikipedia

think the engine is fake and not installed in Takumi's AE86! well heres some proof of the engine

engine.jpg

the real one is rite here(the real life version of the Group A 20v 4age that Takumi has)

121.jpg

115.jpg

Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

(Note: not as in the As if, but as in the "the explain If", idk cant explain)
Image6

Last edited:
Calm down dude!

I agree i was in error.

Been a long time i watched Initial D, and i read so much crap on forums. You are 100% right, I did mix the 16V Atlantic with the 20V Group A.

Why does everyone like the ss version? In gt4 I thought it sucked terribly. I havent tried it in gt5 yet, I love my ae86 Levin in game though all I had to do with it was do a rebuild, change the oil, and do chassis maintainence

Why does everyone like the ss version? In gt4 I thought it sucked terribly. I havent tried it in gt5 yet, I love my ae86 Levin in game though all I had to do with it was do a rebuild, change the oil, and do chassis maintainence

umm, the ss version owns the stock one. better performance, most stuff has been done for you like Engine Stage 1 and 2. and a few more stuff

isnt it funny how every ae86 forum turns into initial d talk while where on the subject can some one please correct me if im wrong but from research i have done on the 11,000rpm 4age engine it is much harder to replicate than just putting in trd camshafts and head i thought the whole engine block was trd worked. From what i have read of ae86 fan sites this engine could cost $50,000 to make ive also seen the brand toda makes this engine block and it costs about $20,000 alone just for the block im not an expert on this subject but was just curious the only person i know of doing this in real life was a japanese jgtc driver by the name of ida. Man thats a sweet car ill post a link later if anyone is interested

isnt it funny how every ae86 forum turns into initial d talk while where on the subject can some one please correct me if im wrong but from research i have done on the 11,000rpm 4age engine it is much harder to replicate than just putting in trd camshafts and head i thought the whole engine block was trd worked. From what i have read of ae86 fan sites this engine could cost $50,000 to make ive also seen the brand toda makes this engine block and it costs about $20,000 alone just for the block im not an expert on this subject but was just curious the only person i know of doing this in real life was a japanese jgtc driver by the name of ida. Man thats a sweet car ill post a link later if anyone is interested

yeah, akira lida, his 86 has to be detuned to 9,000 rpm for road reasons.

Well I know I'm not going to get top 10 for the seasonal drift event (damn '62 Buick!!!) but for the fun of it I wanted to see how high I could score with the AE86. I wanted to past the 20k mark, so close at 19929.
P1000551.jpg

Here's a video of my run

I have a SS version(dont we all). I want it to sound like an 86' with the 240hp like Tak's 86' in Initial D. But I can only manage to get like 250hp in order to be closest to like Tak's. Great car but hard to drift on for me. I never ever tune cars for drifting. I just lower suspension and some negative camber. Then I test them out for 2 laps at Trial Mountain and usually mastered the drifiting from there. But my SS likes to go wide (alot). Any folks know how to solve my problem?

I have a SS version(dont we all). I want it to sound like an 86' with the 240hp like Tak's 86' in Initial D. But I can only manage to get like 250hp in order to be closest to like Tak's. Great car but hard to drift on for me. I never ever tune cars for drifting. I just lower suspension and some negative camber. Then I test them out for 2 laps at Trial Mountain and usually mastered the drifiting from there. But my SS likes to go wide (alot). Any folks know how to solve my problem?

if its on tuning stage 3 and with Titanium Racing Exhaust, Tht's how takumi's 86 rly sounds like. without the racing exhaust. It's just TRD N2 style

I am level 22 A-Spec and Level 22 B-Spec. I have completed a bunch of special events and I am license IC.... I have checked the Used Car Garage AFTER EVERY RACE and i never see regular AE86 Trueno or Levins available. I have the shigeno version, but I can not find any regular AE86s for sale. Is this normal or do you think something is wrong and i will never find them for sale?
:ill:

I got the opposite problem, I cant find the Initial D version even if my life depended on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back