AFL (Aussie rules)

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10 comments
Australia
Adelaide
bjl2323
Does anyone here follow AFL (Aussie rules footy)?

I'm been thinking of starting up a GTP fantasy league and a tipping competition for the 2019 season.

So if you would like to join let me know cheers.

I kind of miss ESPN showing the AFL here in the US. I think now it's part of their ESPN+ subscription service that I'm not going to pay for. I wasn't quite sure what I was watching but it was kind of fun trying to figure out what was going on and how one team was winning. Plus it sure beat what was on TV late at night in the dead of winter here in the US.

We're also not going to get Big Bash Cricket here in the US this year. The last 3 years NBCSN would show it late Saturday nights in the winter. I was less sure about what was going on in cricket than the AFL but they were both still fun to watch.

I kind of miss ESPN showing the AFL here in the US. I think now it's part of their ESPN+ subscription service that I'm not going to pay for. I wasn't quite sure what I was watching but it was kind of fun trying to figure out what was going on and how one team was winning. Plus it sure beat what was on TV late at night in the dead of winter here in the US.

We're also not going to get Big Bash Cricket here in the US this year. The last 3 years NBCSN would show it late Saturday nights in the winter. I was less sure about what was going on in cricket than the AFL but they were both still fun to watch.
That sounds like me when I watch NFL.

I'm a big AFL fan. Haven't been this excited for round one for a long time being a Brisbane Lions supporter but this could be a great year for the Lions. Recruited well and there's a few youngsters that could become AA level players this year.

I'm a big AFL fan. Haven't been this excited for round one for a long time being a Brisbane Lions supporter but this could be a great year for the Lions. Recruited well and there's a few youngsters that could become AA level players this year.
I'm a crows supporter.
Brisbane is looking like they will improve a lot, Where you shocked when Beams left.

Being from Adelaide I sort of have an obligation to watch this sport. But, being English born and bred I've never been interested in it... Would be quite funny to join a tipping league though... Never been good with fantasy, in any sports.

Where you shocked when Beams left.

Nah not really, there was plenty of rumblings about it mid season. Worst thing was his tearful speach at the best and fairest night saying how much he loved the group and couldn't imagine leaving, then a few weeks later requested the trade. He obviously has his own issues going on, was no point keeping him. Just something you have to deal with being a Queensland AFL supporter.

Nah not really, there was plenty of rumblings about it mid season. Worst thing was his tearful speach at the best and fairest night saying how much he loved the group and couldn't imagine leaving, then a few weeks later requested the trade. He obviously has his own issues going on, was no point keeping him. Just something you have to deal with being a Queensland AFL supporter.
I hear you on that one, as so many good players have left the crows.

Latest Posts

Back