• 158 comments

x

• x

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • x

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello all and welcome to the AIM Tuning shop.
The letters AIM stand for "accelerate", "innovate", and "motivate". Our mission is to accelerate the development of current tunes, introduce new tuning methods, and motivate others to enter the wide world of tuning.
Here at the AIM tuning shop, we pride ourselves on creating some of the best tunes available to GTP users. We are just starting out, but do not worry, these tunes will deliver some serious performance. As long as you regard the notes following each tune, you will do just fine.

Current AIM staff:
mPWRD - The Boss
Stavingo - Right Hand Man
aes1978 - The Lost One
MetalheadA7X - The New Boy

Current Models
Tried and Tested: These cars have been used multiple times by multiple users. Barring serious complaints, these are here to stay. They also include MY best Suzuka time.
FORD GT '06 AVUS Edition (2:09.5xx)
Ferrari F430 '07 "Morda la Polvere" (2:12.4xx)
MINE'S Skyline BNR34 Drift Tune
Ferrari F40 (2:08.6xx)
Honda NSX Type-R (Stav) (2:15.2xx)
Honda Integra Type-R (Stav) (2:19.4xx)
BMW M3 GTR Street (2:11.3xx)
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (Stav) (2:14.9xx)
AIM-Hamann Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano(2:18.2xx)
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec Nur(2:14.7xx)

Fresh from the Oven: Our latest tunes. Ready to roll, but raw and untested.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX WRC Street

Link to Stav's Work Zone

FORD GT '06 AVUS Edition
2289139927_4d8d50b98a.jpg

Power: -3
Weight: 90%
Ride Height: -8/-6
Spring Rate: 5/7
Damper: 3/7
Toe: +.10/+.05
Camber: 2.5/2.0
Brake Balance: 8/6
Max Angle: 45
TCS and ABS: 1
Gear Ratios:
1 - 2.600
2 - 1.700
3 - 1.208
4 - 0.966
5 - 0.836
6 - 0.686
Final: 4.120

680 pp

This monster machine will decimate opposition on the straights. The low weight and tall gearing will give it a huge advantage coming off the turns. Be warned: it is slightly prone to understeer, but you can avoid this by braking early on the sharper turns. You will not be able to outbrake your opponents, but you will be able to take them after the apex.

FERRARI F430 '07 "Morda la Polvere"

Power: +7
Weight: 85%
Ride Height: 0/-5
Spring Rate: 6/5
Damper: 4/4
Toe: -.08/0.01
Camber: 1.9/1.2
Brake Balance: 6/8
Turning Angle: 45
Gear Ratios:
1 - 2.930
2 - 2.031
3 - 1.614
4 - 1.279
5 - 1.035
6 - 0.870
Final: 4.262

The F430 is one of the most dependable and versatile cars you will ever drive. This tune maximizes its potential with tall low-end gearing and short high gears for great acceleration. The extra power will give you an edge going into and out of the turns, but hitting the gas early will send the rear end flying outward.

Please post comments about the tunes on this thread. Any requests and/or modifications can be posted as well. Depending on how much time I have, I might be able to get to your requests soon or late.

I am looking for people who are willing to test these tunes for me. It really doesn't matter how good you are, where you come from, or your style of driving.

In progress:
Nissan GT-R (almost done... 700pp)
TVR Tuscan (T400)
Audi R8 (GT3)

Coming up soon:
Ford Focus ST (RS)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (ZR-1)
Renault Clio V6
Aston Martin DB9 (DBR9)
Ford GT LM (just to full potential...)

Accelerate. Innovate. Motivate. AIM.

Last edited:
Hey, welcome! Judging from the PP levels, you are tuning for the offline events, right? Will you be tuning for online as well?

Looks like the tuning garages are popping up everywhere :lol: Welcome to the club! 👍

if you send me the track and the guidelines, i sure will try to do online tunes... i'm not a big online racer because i don't have much time these days...

fyi... the gt is tuned for fuji/suzuka and the ferrari for HSR/fuji... my tunes are very versatile.

Please note: I am looking for drivers of all types to give me feedback on these tunes. It doesn't matter if you are new or old to the GT series, or if your driving styles are different. I just hope that if you follow my recommendations for each car, the tunes will work for everybody. Please send me a message on my profile if you are interested in becoming an AIM test driver or critic.👍:cool:

Thank you and happy racing!

Last edited:
Good, another one. Mine's drift tune coming soon... very soon...

wait... seven weeks? jeez... i wish i had seven weeks... i only have 3

Last edited:
It's here. The one you've all been waiting for.
MINE'S Skyline GT-R BNR34 DRIFT TUNE
mines.jpg

Power: +153
Tires: N1/N1
Aero: 11/22
Height: -14/-13
Spring: 7/6
Damper: 8/7
Toe: -0.19/-0.12
Camber: 2.1/1.7
Brake: 8/9
Turning: 50
TCS: off
ABS: 1
Gear Ratios:
1 - 4.038
2 - 2.223
3 - 1.652
4 - 1.312
5 - 1.000
Final - 4.902

Notes: This tune is rather raw (test drivers, here you go). I in fact found a similar tune on a different forum (BlitzHendrix Tuning) and then optimized it as a balanced drift car. Enjoy...

Edit: Unfortunately, due to the fact that my GT5P disk has gone missing and I had stupidly chosen not to download GT5P onto my PS3, the AIM Tuning Shop will be on temporary hiatus. In addition, I have vowed to stop playing GT5P until I get a Driving Force GT (yes, i have been testing these tunes with a sixaxis). I have also become addicted to Guitar Hero, but that is not an excuse for turning this thread into a "how much i love/hate guitar hero" thread. Feel free to pepper me with requests and reviews, and bear in mind that I will keep checking periodically to see if anything is new. This drift tune will be the last in a while, and I was working on an M3 tune.

Keep sending me messages if you are interested in being a test driver... (this is at least the third time i've posted that, right?)

Last edited:
WOW, got back from your tune, very very nice, only problem is that you should note it's NOT FOR BEGINNERS besides that, great job! :)

It's here. The one you've all been waiting for.
MINE'S Skyline GT-R BNR34 DRIFT TUNE
mines.jpg

Power: +153
Tires: N1/N1
Aero: 11/22
Height: -14/-13
Spring: 7/6
Damper: 8/7
Toe: -0.19/-0.12
Camber: 2.1/1.7
Brake: 8/9
Turning: 50
TCS: off
ABS: 1
Gear Ratios:
1 - 4.038
2 - 2.223
3 - 1.652
4 - 1.312
5 - 1.000
Final - 4.902

Notes: This tune is rather raw (test drivers, here you go). I in fact found a similar tune on a different forum (sorry that I am not able to say which one) and then optimized it as a balanced drift car. Enjoy...

Edit: Unfortunately, due to the fact that my GT5P disk has gone missing and I had stupidly chosen not to download GT5P onto my PS3, the AIM Tuning Shop will be on temporary hiatus. In addition, I have vowed to stop playing GT5P until I get a Driving Force GT (yes, i have been testing these tunes with a sixaxis). I have also become addicted to Guitar Hero, but that is not an excuse for turning this thread into a "how much i love/hate guitar hero" thread. Feel free to pepper me with requests and reviews, and bear in mind that I will keep checking periodically to see if anything is new. This drift tune will be the last in a while, and I was working on an M3 tune.

Keep sending me messages if you are interested in being a test driver... (this is at least the third time i've posted that, right?)

howzit mate... GTP_Ledhendrix here, I like the fact that people are putting my tunes in their own garages. Next time though if you 'optimise' something of mine, let me know and maybe we can work on it together. Because optimising the ride height by 1mm front and rear maybe a small overstatement. hats off to your tuning garage though... like the GT tune.

WOW, got back from your tune, very very nice, only problem is that you should note it's NOT FOR BEGINNERS besides that, great job! :)

Yes, I know it's not for beginners... I created it so that it would work for any driving style. Did you follow my directions? And are you talking about the MINE'S or the GT?

And hendrix... I apologize for not crediting you earlier. I simply forgot where I had seen it. To be honest, I had very similar numbers prior to my visit to your thread. But I really liked your ideas... And let it be known that I am not a very great drifter. Which is why I asked for reviews.

Note to all: Dragonistic has a Touge Challenge on... it's on its own thread. Check it out, as it's dying off.

Last edited:
So how is the f430? i've received comments on everything but that...

All right: some ideas for new tunes... please leave replies as to what you would like to see
BMW M3 (possibly w/BlitzHendrix)
TVR Tuscan
Ford GT LM (when i get it)
Nissan GT-R
Lancer Evo IX

note: i do not have the gt-lm. i need to buy it, but go ahead and vote for it.

Edit: about the poll - you can only vote once. anything you would like to see that is not on the poll means you post a message asking me about it. either i reply as to how i cannot or i consider it (probably the latter)

Also, Allow me to explain the AIM staff thingy:
If you join now, you will be added to the staff list as a test driver. To do so, you will also need to send me a friend request and join the AIM Tuning Shop social group. Upon posting 10 reviews of my tunes, you will be "promoted" to associate tuner and I will have to ask your opinion before I post a new tune. In addition, Associate Tuners can create their own tunes. And they will be credited with it.

Edit 2: However, if you send me an amazing tune, I will "promote" you...

Last edited:
AIM Ferrari F40

fs_f40gt3.jpg

Power: -20
Weight: 87
Tires: R3
Aero: rear 5
Spring Rate: 6/6
Damper: 3/3
Toe: -.10/+.05
Camber: 1.5/0.9
Brake: 7/6
Max Turn: 45
Gear Ratios:
1 - 2.346
2 - 1.695
3 - 1.264
4 - 1.002
5 - 0.848
Final: 4.230

AIM is back. We have decided to throw it all out there with a new beast. Just for you. Be careful, as this car is, as Stavingo says, NOT FOR BEGINNERS. And yet, it works with just about any driving style. This tune has been tested on Suzuka, but not anywhere else. It is not easy to corner, but once you get used to it, it works.

Last edited:
AIM Ferrari F40

ebay_find_of_the_day_ferrari_f40_gte_by_michelotto7.jpg

Power: -20
Weight: 87
Tires: R3
Aero: rear 5
Spring Rate: 6/6
Damper: 3/3
Toe: -.10/+.05
Camber: 1.5/0.9
Brake: 7/6
Max Turn: 45
Gear Ratios:
1 - 2.346
2 - 1.695
3 - 1.264
4 - 1.002
5 - 0.848
Final: 4.230

AIM is back. We have decided to throw it all out there with a new beast. Just for you. Be careful, as this car is, as Stavingo says, NOT FOR BEGINNERS. And yet, it works with just about any driving style. This tune has been tested on Suzuka, but not anywhere else. It is not easy to corner, but once you get used to it, it works.
Now I can spend my credits on something :)

I like where you are going with this whole tuning thing. Great idea if you ask me. I sent you a pm I'm interested in helping out. Hopefully I can give some of your tunes a try within the next few days. I voted for the M3 by the way. I love that car.

I like where you are going with this whole tuning thing. Great idea if you ask me. I sent you a pm I'm interested in helping out. Hopefully I can give some of your tunes a try within the next few days. I voted for the M3 by the way. I love that car.

Actually, I am not the first to engage in the tuning thing. Experienced GTPers, help me out here.

BTW... I know that you voted for the m3. It is a public poll after all...:sly:

Actually, I am not the first to engage in the tuning thing. Experienced GTPers, help me out here.

BTW... I know that you voted for the m3. It is a public poll after all...:sly:

Yeah, I knew other people did tuning but like the whole thing with recruiting people to test the tunes and what not. Aren't there only 2 different teams? Your team and then the Thunder and Lightning or what ever its called?

whoa there... i do not have a team. That's for online racing, and yes, thunder and lightning is one of them. I, on the other hand, am assembling a team of tuners, which is totally different. As far as tuning garages go, I am one of the least famous. Some of the bigger ones include TLD, Dutch Customs, and BlitzHendrix. I am hoping to reach the ranks of these shops.

Tested your Mines Drift tune and had a whole lot of fun trying to get to grips with it. I tested it on arcade mode Suzuka and clocked 3 thousand (maybe 3500 I cant remember exact score) points. Could well be an awful score but it felt good. Would love to help in fine tuning it further but I cant drift so would not know where to start. Will test the F430 and let you know what I make of that.

Tested the F430 and the GT40.
F430 was very nice. Tested it on HSR and managed a 1'07.427. A good driver would get it round quicker but im only average on a good day. A little light on the front end under brakes but quite easy to recover and great through the bends and out.
The GT40 however is not suited to my style (or maybe Im just rubbish?) Tested on Fuji and clocked 1'47.122. Understeer (which you did warn us about) on the way in and had to be controlled on the way out or It was fish tale city for me. With my wheel straight not problem but if not, ouch?!? R tires would help im sure.

whoa there... i do not have a team. That's for online racing, and yes, thunder and lightning is one of them. I, on the other hand, am assembling a team of tuners, which is totally different. As far as tuning garages go, I am one of the least famous. Some of the bigger ones include TLD, Dutch Customs, and BlitzHendrix. I am hoping to reach the ranks of these shops.

Oh, my bad then. I thought you were an actual team...

Just had a spin in the F40 and oh yes..... Very nice for me indeed. tested on Suzuka and managed a 2'11.312 and with a few more laps (only did 5) Im sure I could get this beast round in under 2'10. Loads of grip on the way into bends and you can leaving braking late because it stops fantastically. Go easy on the exit but at the speeds you can corner at you dont need to be too eager with the gas. Great tune keep them coming and I will keep testing.

Tested your Mines Drift tune and had a whole lot of fun trying to get to grips with it. I tested it on arcade mode Suzuka and clocked 3 thousand (maybe 3500 I cant remember exact score) points. Could well be an awful score but it felt good. Would love to help in fine tuning it further but I cant drift so would not know where to start. Will test the F430 and let you know what I make of that.

Yes, it is not for beginning drifters. One of my friends tested it for me, but i relied on the fact that my numbers were similar to those of BlitzHendrix and theirs worked. Also, I had my friend, an amazing GT5P drifter, test it out for me. He said it was good.

Tested the F430 and the GT40.
F430 was very nice. Tested it on HSR and managed a 1'07.427. A good driver would get it round quicker but im only average on a good day. A little light on the front end under brakes but quite easy to recover and great through the bends and out.
The GT however is not suited to my style (or maybe Im just rubbish?) Tested on Fuji and clocked 1'47.122. Understeer (which you did warn us about) on the way in and had to be controlled on the way out or It was fish tale city for me. With my wheel straight not problem but if not, ouch?!? R tires would help im sure.

I did warn you about understeer. That is why I warned you to brake early and extra. Slower speed counteracts understeer. But fishtailing? That's not understeer. That's oversteer. This tune is meant for R tires (any of them). Did you use S or N?

Just had a spin in the F40 and oh yes..... Very nice for me indeed. tested on Suzuka and managed a 2'11.312 and with a few more laps (only did 5) Im sure I could get this beast round in under 2'10. Loads of grip on the way into bends and you can leaving braking late because it stops fantastically. Go easy on the exit but at the speeds you can corner at you dont need to be too eager with the gas. Great tune keep them coming and I will keep testing.

Thanks a lot. I really liked it was well. Any possible mods for any of the cars?

Congratulations. You just regained your spot on the staff list. Must go edit now.

I did use S tires with the GT40 because when I looked at your pp's it was 680 and that required the s3 tires. I will give it a bash with r3's tonight and let you know how it works. As for the F40 I will be doing many more laps in that as I really enjoyed driving it. I will see if I can find anything that could do with a tweek and let you know. Could you give me an idea of what times i should be looking for with the F40 on Suzuka with your settings. Would be nice to know what sort of standard Im driving at.

ok... f40 times: 2:08.7xx

my bad on the gt performance points... it's supposed to be 700.

Edit: the 2:06 was with the mine's skyline. the real f40 time is up.

Last edited:
Re tested the GT40 on r's and it was better but Im not a fan of the car. Nothing to do with the settings I just dont like the big heavy cars. Managed to clock a 2'10.1xx in the F40 last night, dont know how Im going to shave 4 seconds off that though. Like I said im an average driver on a good day. One thing I did notice with the F40 is when your coming out of the bends and give a little gas if my wheel is not dead straight it tends to kick the back end out a little. Excuse my ignorance Im guessing this is power oversteer??? although I dont know really know which is which (under/oversteer). Is there anything that can be done to maybe smooth it out a little?

Latest Posts

Back