Air Alert...

• Thread starter CDailey
  • 26 comments
United States
Alabama
Anyone ever heard of this? It is supposed to give you 8-12 inches on your verticle. Is this true? And if you have heard of this, can you use this just to get into shape?

We have something like that at soccer workouts. We put on special shoes that lift the front part of our shoe about 3 inches. You're not supposed to touch your heels on the ground. Coach makes us do all kinds of workouts in them. Box jumps, stairs, etc. It's supposed to improve your vertical jump.

Last year as a freshman I couldn't touch the rim on the basketball goals. This year, I can touch rim. It's pretty damn cool if you ask me. 15 years old and am almost able to hang on rim. I'm a sophmore and I know three freshman who can hang on it. 10 feet high. Heh.

Originally posted by Concept
We have something like that at soccer workouts. We put on special shoes that lift the front part of our shoe about 3 inches. You're not supposed to touch your heels on the ground. Coach makes us do all kinds of workouts in them. Box jumps, stairs, etc. It's supposed to improve your vertical jump.

Last year as a freshman I couldn't touch the rim on the basketball goals. This year, I can touch rim. It's pretty damn cool if you ask me. 15 years old and am almost able to hang on rim. I'm a sophmore and I know three freshman who can hang on it. 10 feet high. Heh.

So I could use it as a workout and not just as something to get more height for my verticle?

Originally posted by Omega Star
So I could use it as a workout and not just as something to get more height for my verticle?

Yeah, you could do that. You could also do some workouts we do in them. Like jumping straight up over and over. Without stopping to jump again you just hit the ground and immediatly jump up again. That will get your vertical up in no time. I don't know why though. Lol.

I don't really want to improve my verticle. I just want an easy workout routine and Air Alert seems easy enough.(I do know that it gets increasingly harder as you progress through the 13 [?] week program) but all I want to do is the basics to get back into shape.

If you don't want to improve your vertical then why are the Air Alerts even mentioned? Heh. You can just excersise. Check out Jon's weekly excercise routine for some good workouts.

i think concept is right. these things are basically shoes with a raised "ball of your foot". when you use them and try not to have your heel touch the ground, you are strengthening your calves.

Jst use regular running shoes, lol. Be more specific in what your body is like now and what you want to change. Add muscle, lose fat.

To add muscle the easiest and cheapest thing to get is an adjustable dumbell set from a sporting goods store. I got mine from galyans for around $40. it can adjust up to 20lbs a dumbell. I bought more plates for like $2. I can now use up to 32 1/2 lb each. you can do curls, pushups and skull crushers (very basic, skull crushers are awesome for adding mass to triceps. all together this will strengthen chest, biceps, and triceps.) you can also do many more things with just dumbells. after a month you should totally notice the difference. just make sure you eat enough protein.

if you want to lose fat, just eat less calories and exercise. very simple. walk or run. I am not eating many carbohydrates or fat now and am going to see how that works out. if you burn or eliminate 3500 calories from your diet, you will lose one pound of fat. eat healthier and exercise for a while and the calories will add up.

In the past month, not being too strict about fat, and not even paying attention to carbs i have lost 10lbs. what was more important is I added quite a bit of muscle to bring my bf down to 23% from 27%. That was with a bit of exercise. I walked about 3 miles, 4 times a week. And did pushups, curls, skullcrushers, then military press, standing row, bent over row (not sure what called, strengthens upper back, delts i think), and barbell front raises alternating days. I had a pattern setup so I was alternating during weekdays. mwf i did the first 3 things. tues/thurs i did the others. This way i didnt get sore and let my muscles have time to grow.

I am now in good enough shape that I can jog for quite a while now. I am now jogging every day I can for about 40minutes. with walking breaks when I get tired. I am happy with the mass I have now, so I am only focusing on doing cardio to get rid of the fat. Lifting weights at the same time uses too much energy for me. I am going to do this while eating close to no carbohydrates for the next 2 weeks and see how it goes. I am not doing that atkins **** where you eat tons of fat and red meat because that is very unhealthy. I am eating fewer carbs, not completely none. Your body needs these things. That is why it is at te BOTTOM of the food pyramid, hahha.

Goodluck. Make a plan and stick to it. right out a weekly exercise plan and it will be easier. dont eat junk food or fast food. its pretty easy for me to do. just get the people around you not to bring that crap into the house in the first place.

Wow, nice post advanR. About the part about eating right though, I have never eaten correctly when I have been working out. I am not old enough yet to where it matters I don't think. My metabolism is so fast. I can eat like a pig and not gain at all.

That's cool about the adjustable weight set though. I might need to go pick up a used one at a sports store in town. :)

I saw "Air Alert" and the first thing that came to mind was "TURD ALERT!" - something my friends and I used to say when someone farted. Like your ass prepairing you for what's next (:

another suggestion, never buy ANYTHING thats advertised on tv. ALL garbage. if it was good they wouldnt have to be on at 4 in the mornign trying to get you to buy the ****.

concept, I wish i was like that. my father is from Iran so we have always eaten a lot of rice dishes. the **** tastes fantastic but that is probably why we are all a bit overweight. the stuff is usually very healthy, but I ould only imagine how bad it is to eat a whole plate full of rice(carbs). I havent exerciesed much in the past few years, so all of the carbs just go straight onto your body. I have always gotten pissed when i see these kids at school that eat so damn much and they are so damn skinny.

oh yeah, tony little can eat my feces. that thing is the biggest bs machine on tv. he is such a moron. he gets on there and is so hyper and tries to appeal to people by doing that. most infomercials they dont really say wrong or stupid stuff because you can see they are bullsitting. but tony says the most stupid things.

I guess you could say I'm skinny. For a grown man I'd be skinny, but I am not a grown man. Age 15, 6'0'', 150lbs.

I am different than other people. So many people want to lose weight and can't do it. i want to gain weight and can't do it. It seems anything super fattening won't put any weight on me. No matter how many carbs I eat nothing happens to me. Heh.

150 is quite light for your height. I am 18, 6'2" and 205. my goal wieght is 175-180. that would probably put me near 10-15% bf. anything less and i would be very skinny.

have you lifted weights? lift weights and eat tons tons tons. try and get a lot of protein.

you probably already know this, I am not trying to be any authority. i just know a little about this stuff. if I can help someone a little i will try. i also try not to give wrong information, to make someone unhealthy.

150 is light for my height. Like I said, I can't gain weight. Heh. I don't work out as much as I used to. I maybe work out twice a week now. It used to be everyday for 9 weeks. My older brother who is 22 is 6'2'' and weighs 180-185 lbs. As I get older I should bulk up and fill out like he did.

oh yea 15 is still a bit young. you might still be a skinny freak when you get to 18. in that case you can only look forward to bulking up with fat. muscle requires hormones or hard work, if you are still like this at 18 you will know it requires the latter with you.

sorry for calling you a skinny freak. but i think i am alowed to say that. i am currently a fat a$s.

Heh, it's odd though. I like being "skinny." Everytime I flex my muscles buldge out like crazy. I look totally ripped when I flex. It's odd but cool at the same time.

Originally posted by Concept
I am not old enough yet to where it matters I don't think. My metabolism is so fast. I can eat like a pig and not gain at all.

^^ :irked: Man your Lucky, I have a verrry slow metabolism, I eat a couple Candy bars and I turn into roseanne. And its crazy trying to eat the right things when I got a sweet tooth and when you looking at a bowl of Ice cream and bowl of salad on the side, the temptation is too much.. *Mind over matter* that b/s hasn't worked for me yet. The good thing is that I'm tall, hides the weight.

I wish I could gain weight. I am not a toothpick or anything, I'm pretty muscular, I'd be happy if I were about 10-15lbs heavier.

What have I tried? Eating of course! Lol. I ate tons when I trained. I needed too. You can't train and not eat, it's unhealthy.

what did you eat? try eating a lot of protein. I have more experiences with LOSING fat, not gaining mass.

how mayn times a week did you lift? what kinds of lifts? maybe try just doing squats, bench, curl 3 days a week for about a month. meanwhile eat a lot of protein, and a lot of food in general. tuna, beans, chicken breasts (get yourself a george forman grill).

If you want to gain fat I could suggest eating a lot of carbs(breads, pastas, potatoes) and sugar, but i dont think you want that.

also, what is your strength level at? how much can you bench or squat?

Ill break the ice. i could bench 160 last time i was in a gym at school. thats pretty weak for a man of my size. I hadnt been lifting for long back then. I do pushups now until I get a bench at home, and it has been working okay. Im not sure about adding strength, but my boobies are definately more firm.

I have never tried maxing with squats. I think I can remember doing sets of 6 with 225. I really cant remember.

Originally posted by advanR
also, what is your strength level at? how much can you bench or squat?

Ill break the ice. i could bench 160 last time i was in a gym at school. thats pretty weak for a man of my size. I hadnt been lifting for long back then. I do pushups now until I get a bench at home, and it has been working okay. Im not sure about adding strength, but my boobies are definately more firm.

I have never tried maxing with squats. I think I can remember doing sets of 6 with 225. I really cant remember.

Strength level was up to the same you had. I maxed out at 160 bench pressing. I'm not sure about squatting, I know it was over 200.

I think I will eat lots of french fries and lots of mashed potatoes. Bread too, I love bread. Subway. Mmm.

do you want to get fat? if you want to get fat just eat TONS of starchy foods.

when you were eating tons of food before did that include tons of protein? how long were you lifting while eating tons of protein. in a month you should see progress.

No, I don't want to get fat. I just want to put a little more meat on my bones. 6'0'' and 150lbs is light for my height. I'm not sure if it's fine because my age or what though. :confused:

No, it didn't include tons of protein. I was lifting or 9 weeks. Not all was protein. I'm a HUGE junkfood eater. I eat a good deal of steak though. That and chicken. They don't seem to put weight on me. I just ate a bowl of spaghetti. Starchy enough?

Back