Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late to sign up for this?

I could always be a 'reserve' driver if need-be :D

Registration only opened last night, so there's plenty of time.
Would be great to see you as part of this series. :)

I've been checking out the registrations so far and was quite impressed by the number of people who say they will run in the Tuesday Euro race (9pm GMT). But won't you guys be at work/school/college at that time?

Can you all check the table below please? If the details are wrong, please just register again or PM me.

CurrentDrivers.png

I'm more surprised by the lack of Friday entries so far...of course it's only one day...:) Freaky is guaranteed a victory at least!!

I'm interested, though I don't think I've raced with anybody in this series before. Love the car, the lack of tuning and the short season. I'm assuming slipstream strength will be weak? I'll sign up when I acquire the car.

You win the car through the historic B-spec race and some of us have good cars on share for that purpose. We also have a 65' ticket available if you want to cycle through the ticket a few times you'll get the car. You basically do a game save with the ticket in the "delivery" area, then use the ticket, and if you get the wrong car, load your save and try again. In 10-15 minutes you'll usually have the car.

Or try the Historic B-Spec race with the Toyota 7 or one of the Chapparal's for a challenge. Deep Forest is a piece of cake, Monaco is a little tougher. Cars are on share with various drivers, just let us know here in the thread and someone will hook you up.

Is it too late to sign up for this?

I could always be a 'reserve' driver if need-be :D

As Aardvark says, we've just opened registration, so if you are interested, go to the OP and follow the Registration Link to sign up. We're going high tech here at the Alfa Cup so everything is automated including registration. :)

I am on Friday...re-registered earlier today. Freaky and I will have to battle it out for last place...um I mean 2nd :)

I am on Friday...re-registered earlier today. Freaky and I will have to battle it out for last place...um I mean 2nd :)

Friday was only added as an option on Saturday afternoon (GMT) and about 12 people had already registered before that.

Yes, I've refreshed my thumbnails and it's still like that. But that would make less sense because the thumbnail shows the correct color, it's in the gallery and on track that it displays the old color. No worries though, I finally got a new one and it's painted the way I want it. Bob's breaking it in as we speak. :) I'll put the black/green one on share for others to borrow.

Just as a PSA... If anyone needs their B-Spec drivers raced, send a FR to PSN lljmb_widget and I'll hook you up.

Just as a PSA... If anyone needs their B-Spec drivers raced, send a FR to PSN lljmb_widget and I'll hook you up.

Sent a request, can always a few extra ducats. I use the widget from my main account, so if you want some reciprocation, add my me and I'll add you to my list.

Ehh, count me in. I put down for all races, but depending on the series I start in soon, I may not be able to make all of them.

I registered with colours to be determined. I've got a 1965 ticket but have yet to spawn it and will do that shortly. Excited for this; the Alfa is one of my favourite, if not my most favourite car in GT5. Love that sound.

RDAardvark
Anyone coming out to play Alfas today?

I'd love too. However got a full plate today. PURE race in about an hour or so.

Then race in about 7 hours. Load of stuff to do between then too.

Here's what I was doing today, it was almost as fun as playing Alfa's! It was the first annual Indy Karting Classic inside Conceso Fieldhouse, pretty cool.

And I also got to take and Indy Car Simulator for a spin. It was just iRacing with a modified G27 wheel hooked up to an IndyCar chassis, but still pretty cool! Always wanted to feel what it was like to sit in an IndyCar, now I know!

Or try the Historic B-Spec race with the Toyota 7 or one of the Chapparal's for a challenge. Deep Forest is a piece of cake, Monaco is a little tougher. Cars are on share with various drivers, just let us know here in the thread and someone will hook you up.
That's exactly what I did yesterday. I hadn't been able to beat Monaco before, that 2J is very tough to beat for my Jaguar. I had a stroke of luck when the 2J started behind my driver and it got into an accident on lap 1. The 2J eventually worked it's way up to 2nd, but by then my driver in the Jag was long gone at the front.

I signed up. Can't wait till this starts. :)

Here's what I was doing today, it was almost as fun as playing Alfa's! It was the first annual Indy Karting Classic inside Conceso Fieldhouse, pretty cool.

Pretty cool!

That's an ice hockey stadium isn't it? So they're driving on ice. Or do they just have comfort hard tyres on?:sly:

That's an ice hockey stadium isn't it? So they're driving on ice.

No, No, this is Indiana, not Canada. It's a NBA basketball arena, home of the Pacers. :) It was very slick concrete though and they were sliding everywhere but most managed to keep it pretty straight. We only stayed about an hour and a half because the whole place was filled with blue smoke and it really started burning our eyes/throat. Next year I'm taking goggles and a face mask. 👍

I've done a little clean-up work on the OP's this morning; fixed a typo, got rid of all the "click to enlarge" links above the images and added some info on qualifying and penalties. I think everything's in pretty good shape now but if anybody notices something screwy or any missing info let me know.

Looks like we already have 20 people signed up! Awesome! Our system allows a large number of drivers to participate, in the past we haven't really had a problem with over-capacity but I am a bit concerned this beautiful Alfa will attract more people then we can accommodate. It's probably a good idea to start thinking about how to handle this in case we get more than 16 people wanting to race on one night. I haven't come up with any real good ideas yet, I don't want to have to turn people away though. We have increased to 4 races per week, I hope that we'll see a fairly even distribution among those 4 nights and we won't have a problem with overflow but we'll just have to keep an eye on things over the next week or two.

RDAardvark
That's an ice hockey stadium isn't it? So they're driving on ice.
No, No, this is Indiana, not Canada. It's a NBA basketball arena, home of the Pacers. :)

Even Belfast has an ice hockey team! (Go Giants!)

"Home of the Pacers" - These Pacers? :)
amc-pacer-1.jpg

Looks like we already have 20 people signed up! Awesome! Our system allows a large number of drivers to participate, in the past we haven't really had a problem with over-capacity but I am a bit concerned this beautiful Alfa will attract more people then we can accommodate. It's probably a good idea to start thinking about how to handle this in case we get more than 16 people wanting to race on one night. I haven't come up with any real good ideas yet, I don't want to have to turn people away though. We have increased to 4 races per week, I hope that we'll see a fairly even distribution among those 4 nights and we won't have a problem with overflow but we'll just have to keep an eye on things over the next week or two.

Divide the field in two? Run the second race at the same time in the Spec_Race lounge? Perhaps it would be useful to have an "I intend to race tonight" register so we can pre-empt this happening.

^^^ That was the image I was looking for but couldn't find it!

Anybody else planning on coming out to the EST Surprise Night this evening? It's a half hour earlier this week so hopefully we can get some people to show up. If you plan on coming out to play go ahead and register so it doesn't look like nobody will be there. :)

I'd better sign up myself as I'm hosting. I'm looking forward to how crazy race two turns out to be. :scared:

Hello. I signed up and put down Friday as my primary slot.

I'm probably going to be more of a "part timer" given my RL schedule for January, but should be able to make at least one of the four time slots most weeks. Given my "part time" status I'll certainly stand down if any lounge is full and I have no problem with the "regular" drivers having priority.

I've raced with a few of you including dsgerbc and sagarismic in other series. Hopefully my reputation as a fairly clean and courteous driver proceeds me. :sly:

Unfortunately I'm travelling and away from my PS3 for the rest of December so I can't send a friend request immediately, but will get to that as soon as I get back and before the first race (Jan 3rd). I'll specify my color choices as soon as I get access to my PS3 again.

:cheers:

PS> Those 6 tracks are all awesome choices and looking forward to driving this car (for the first time).

Oh... my God. Why must you bring Pacers into this thread?

My dad had one.

Anybody else planning on coming out to the EST Surprise Night this evening? It's a half hour earlier this week so hopefully we can get some people to show up. If you plan on coming out to play go ahead and register so it doesn't look like nobody will be there. :)

So that means 8pm est tonight right? Just want to make sure because I have a habbit of getting times wrong.

So that means 8pm est tonight right? Just want to make sure because I have a habbit of getting times wrong.

Yes 8 EST. Racing starts at 8:30. If people stick around after, I might bust the Alfa out too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back