Alien-free Endurance Race @ Midfield - POSTPONED - Spots Open!Open 

• Thread starter kelrick85
  • 100 comments
Canada
Ottawa, ON
kelrick85
Hello,

I just had an idea to have a(n endurance) race where the drivers battle with others of their own skill rather than chasing impossible targets (i.e. aliens). I recently started participating in WRS and this seems like a good way to divide up the drivers into classes (Note: This race is in no way related to WRS. I am just using it to select the potential drivers).

[Date/Time]

Saturday March 21st

Room Open: 11:00 EST (16:00 GMT)
Qualifying: 11:45 EST (16:45 GMT)
Race Start: 12:00 EST (17:00 GMT)

[Track Information]

midfield.png
latest

Track: Midfield Raceway

Time: 12:00-18:00 with 3x time progression (2 hours)
Weather: 0% / no weather changeability
Grid: 16 spots

Assists: All off except ABS
Tire wear/ fuel: Fast
Boost: Off
Grip eduction on track edge: Real
Slipstream strength: Real
Damage: Heavy
Penalty: None

[Car Information]

Note: All drivers should be registered and qualified as Division 2, 3 or 4 under WRS guideline (hence the "Alien-free" race):
http://wrs.gtplanet.net/registry/

Class 1: Race cars - ~570PP (Open to WRS Division 2 drivers)
BMW M3 GT2 Base Model - 490HP / 1250kg
Chevrolet Corvette C6R - 505HP / 1270kg
Subaru Impreza Touring Car - 500HP / 1200kg

Class 2: Production cars - ~510PP (Open to WRS Division 3 drivers)
Nissan Fairlady Z34 2008 - 350HP / 1234kg
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe 2007 - 420HP / 1315kg
Audi TTS Coupe 2009 - 330HP / 1231kg
BMW 135i Coupe 2007 - 330HP / 1263kg

Class 3: Production cars - ~ 450PP (Open to WRS Division 4 drivers)
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) 2004 - 240HP / 998kg
Toyota 86 GT / Scion FRS 2012 - 250HP / 1030kg
Abarth 500 2009 - 230HP / 874kg
Mazda RX-8 - TBA / TBA

All tuning allowed on the car (Except nitro)
Tires: RH (Class 1) / SS (Class 2) / SH (Class 3)

[Qualifying]

Format: Race alone
Start type: Final corner start
Time limit: 10 minutes

[Formation lap]

The race will begin with grid start. However the first lap will be a formation lap, followed by a rolling start. The leading car (first qualified driver) will lead one lap, pacing at 100 km/h (62 mph). All other drivers will follow in single file, until the home straight, at which point drivers will form into a double row formation. No passing is allowed until the leading vehicle crosses the start line.

[Points]

1st - 25 points
2nd - 20 points
3rd - 16 points
4th - 13 points
5th - 12 points
6th - 11 points
7th - 10 points
8th - 9 points
9th - 8 points
10th - 7 points
11th - 6 points
12th - 5 points
13th - 4 points
14th - 3 points
15th - 2 points
16th - 1 point
DNF - 0 point

---
More informations will be posted here when available. Please post to the thread if you have questions, suggestions! Thank you

Last edited:
Driver List

Spots available: 11

Please sign up with your PSN name with WRS division, the driver # you would like to use and the car selection. I will check against the WRS registry and place appropriately

1. @kelrick85 / kelrick85 / D3 / Nissan Z34 / #15
2. @ImmalovemaGTR / bmw123_ / D3 / Nissan Z34 / #27
3. @Ettick / Ettick_ / D2 / Chevrolet Corvette C6R / ???
4. @Mires / iMires / D2 / BMW M3 GT2 / #13
5. @ro amighetti / ro-amighetti / D3 / Nissan Z34 / #33
6. @Sakis Politis / FatherDiomedes / D2 / Chevrolet Corvette C6R /#69

Last edited:
Hey kelrick, cool initiative. I hope there are a few WRS-ers listening here. This forum normally doesn't get as much traffic as the GT6 Racing Series one. Any news yet on the track choice?

Hey kelrick, cool initiative. I hope there are a few WRS-ers listening here. This forum normally doesn't get as much traffic as the GT6 Racing Series one. Any news yet on the track choice?

Thanks for checking out this event.

I was hoping to get some interest first, then get others' opinion on the track they would like to race on. We still have some time before the proposed date, so I can wait a little longer, but if it was up to me, since the new update arrived, maybe Midfield might be a good location.

It is too bad that this sub-forum doesn't get much attention. There are some good races posted here. I guess it is not permitted to advertise this on the WRS sub-forum, since it is not affiliated with the WRS.

Last edited:
iMires / D2 / not sure what car to chose

PS: for the Class 3 there could be also Mazda Roadster RS '07

tracks, hmm, Midfield, Apricot Hill, Redbull Ring, Twin-ring Motegi, Fuji Speedway ...

I guess it is not permitted to advertise this on the WRS sub-forum, since it is not affiliated with the WRS.
I don't see a problem with advertising it in either or both of our areas (TT's and Online Events)

For the TT section, maybe put it in the Pitbox chat thread, and for the Online Events section, maybe put it in the General Discussion thread. 👍

Good luck. :gtpflag:

PS. Also a suggestion if you wind up with a number of people not already in the WRS - you could ask them to run a past time trial for a set time limit (honor system, of course) and then compare their time to the results for that week to find out their relative speed.

PS. Also a suggestion if you wind up with a number of people not already in the WRS - you could ask them to run a past time trial for a set time limit (honor system, of course) and then compare their time to the results for that week to find out their relative speed.
That would be great. I do plan joining WRS, however I may do it later on so this suggestion definitely gets +1 from me 👍

Sorry I haven't been on in a while to check the status. I see there are some interest. Good to know!

Driver list updated. Track is Midfield!

I don't get it. Do I have to be part of WRS?

The idea for using the WRS database was to eliminate all of the fast/near-perfect drivers, because they rarely make mistakes. With D2/D3/D4 drivers I think we can expect good battles. Another reason was to ensure that drivers are clean. If you take a part in WRS and place into a division, we can assume they are capable of driving cleanly. I assume everyone who are on GTP is clean drivers, but WRS is just another way of validating that.

I could make an exception, of course. As Gravitron suggested, do a lap at any of the WRS combinations, and check your TT time. If you are D1, sorry you cannot participate. Otherwise, welcome to join!

I don't see a problem with advertising it in either or both of our areas (TT's and Online Events)

For the TT section, maybe put it in the Pitbox chat thread, and for the Online Events section, maybe put it in the General Discussion thread. 👍

Good luck. :gtpflag:

Thanks for your blessing. I just didn't want to make any unauthorized promotion in a series I'm not a part of the organization. Just wanted to make sure.

ALSO, I will at some point near future have a test session to do the balancing of the cars (I have a rough idea, I will post it soon on OP) so stay tuned.

I could make an exception, of course. As Gravitron suggested, do a lap at any of the WRS combinations, and check your TT time. If you are D1, sorry you cannot participate. Otherwise, welcome to join!

Than you very much, I will do so. Any event which would you like me to choose?

However, I am VERY sure that I will NOT be D1 :lol:

Than you very much, I will do so. Any event which would you like me to choose?

However, I am VERY sure that I will NOT be D1 :lol:

My favourite combination may not be your favourite. I liked Ford Falcon @ Bathurst (http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT6/week/56/), but if you find one you like better, then by all means. In the WRS website there should be a link to the thread, so you can go through the rules/tuning for each event.

Sounds like a neat idea, and I have to follow @Mires on its tail just for the heck of it! :cool:
Anyway, I've yet to be placed in a division, so I would assume my level to be around Div4 give or take 1/1000th...

I'd give an arm to race in my beloved Suzuki GSXR/4 @ Midfield, and would think this could be a very nice car for slow drivers 'cause it's very stable, easy to lap around and not too powerful...

Anyway, if I'm considered eligible, please count me in.

Sounds like a neat idea, and I have to follow @Mires on its tail just for the heck of it! :cool:
Anyway, I've yet to be placed in a division, so I would assume my level to be around Div4 give or take 1/1000th...

I'd give an arm to race in my beloved Suzuki GSXR/4 @ Midfield, and would think this could be a very nice car for slow drivers 'cause it's very stable, easy to lap around and not too powerful...

Anyway, if I'm considered eligible, please count me in.
In your first event you got a 3.769 handicap (D3B) but that was a pretty tough event. In your other event at Mid-Field, you got a 2.619 (D2S), so based on those two datapoints only, it's pretty clear you're either D2 or D3. After you do your 3rd time trial you'll be assigned to a division with the average of the 3 handicaps.

Thanks @Gravitron, it just seemed polite on my part to assume the rookie role and keep a low profile. TT3 will probably be a very cold shower for me so I don't keep my hopes too high.

Thanks @Gravitron, it just seemed polite on my part to assume the rookie role and keep a low profile. TT3 will probably be a very cold shower for me so I don't keep my hopes too high.
Don't underestimate yourself. Your splits with that CLK are pretty close to mine ;) as i can say, you belong somewhere as Lucas said, D2 i would guess.

And btw, pleased to be your pace keeper :D

Oh sh.. #### :banghead: i now saw the date. Hope all goes well as on 21st i have again night shift. So if there won't be any problems with servers, i'll be able to make it. :D

So race cars you say? Uff, i'll have a look at them when i come home.:cheers:

Wish I could make it but I don't get home till after 2PM Cent on Saturdays. Hope you have more in the future!

Al

Question: does it count also the AEM S2000 as a race car?

If not, then I'll go with Mitsubishi FTO Super touring car. But i think will need some upgrades and a balast weight of 200 kg to weight 1180 kg. :( so hard to chose..

Question: does it count also the AEM S2000 as a race car?

If not, then I'll go with Mitsubishi FTO Super touring car. But i think will need some upgrades and a balast weight of 200 kg to weight 1180 kg. :( so hard to chose..
Can't we only choose from the 3 cars in the OP?

I wish, but can't find that BMW M3 GT2 in my dealerships :eek::scared: maybe clumsy me, but not even Car Search want help

edit: maybe version of game difference? :confused:

Last edited:
The BMW m3 GT2 base model should be there in the dealership (it's been there since the beginning).

Yes, I think the car selections are pretty much final.

Back