Alien-free Endurance Race @ Midfield - POSTPONED - Spots Open!Open 

• Thread starter kelrick85
  • 100 comments
Hi guys, love the idea of this, ill have to confirm in a couple of days weather ill be able to race in it as im out looking for a new car on Saturday. Quick question, as im not part of this "WRS" will that hinder my entry? If so how do I become a part of it, sounds like my sort of thing if its full of clean drivers :)
Thanks.

Hi guys, love the idea of this, ill have to confirm in a couple of days weather ill be able to race in it as im out looking for a new car on Saturday. Quick question, as im not part of this "WRS" will that hinder my entry? If so how do I become a part of it, sounds like my sort of thing if its full of clean drivers :)
Thanks.

It's definitely full of like-minded, friendly, clean racers. It's really simple to join. All you need is a best-lap replay, any car/track is fine. All the information you need is in this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

The time trial and online race event subforum links are in my signature as well. Good luck :cheers:

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for taking an interest in this race. To become a part of WRS you need to register and enter in a couple of their events as "Rookie" status. After confirmation of clean and fair driving from the stewards, you'll be placed in a division based on your lap time.

Check here for their sub forum.

In term of this race, you can do what @ImmalovemaGTR did and pick a combination of car/track from previous WRS event and get your best lap. Then compare with how others did to find you "placement". See the WRS webpage (http://wrs.gtplanet.net/) for all the past events they have done.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I hope you are able to join!

The BMW m3 GT2 base model should be there in the dealership (it's been there since the beginning).

Yes, I think the car selections are pretty much final.
20150317_235258.jpg 20150317_235315.jpg 20150317_235327.jpg Dunno, but i dont have it in there. :eek:

Don't hold me to this, but I believe you have to buy/drive one of the liveried versions first, then it'll show up.
yup, the '11 M3 GT, then it shows up, but dunno why it is so complicated. Anyway, thank you for helpful advice 👍:cheers:

Any news on tuning and parts allowed? Tires? I bought boh the Nissan and the Audik and am gonna test them out but don't know yet which parts to put on them.

Any news on tuning and parts allowed? Tires? I bought boh the Nissan and the Audik and am gonna test them out but don't know yet which parts to put on them.
I forgot that information apparently. All tuning allowed, Class 1 on RH / class 2 and 3 on SS tires

Edit: information updated in OP

I guess except nitro.

PS: i'll go with the bmw m3 gt2, isotope green(yellow) paintjob, number stays 13

Sorry to bother again. Two more questions:

1. Will there be a pp cap per car and/or per class?

2. Length of the race (hours/minutes or laps?)

First question is for tuning porpouses. Second is for planning pits and checking tires and fuel consumption.

BTW, updated to 1.17 this morning and discovered a major bug (don't know if it's car related or if it is caused by the update). Anyway, with the Nissan I can't tune the gearbox. Well, I can tune it just fine but every time I get back to car setup and want to tinker with it the gearbox is back to stock settings. This happens both in free practice (under garage) and in arcade mode (under time trial). Driving me mad. And pissing me off quite a bit.

BTW, updated to 1.17 this morning and discovered a major bug (don't know if it's car related or if it is caused by the update). Anyway, with the Nissan I can't tune the gearbox. Well, I can tune it just fine but every time I get back to car setup and want to tinker with it the gearbox is back to stock settings. This happens both in free practice (under garage) and in arcade mode (under time trial). Driving me mad. And pissing me off quite a bit.
Try it in online lobby, might be ok in ot, but these bugs are pain in the ass for me too

I have to understand when GT saves car setups. Every time I tinker with it does the game save my modifications?

Am gonna give it a try in the lobby. Let's call it Practice Room open time. :-)

Sorry to bother again. Two more questions:

1. Will there be a pp cap per car and/or per class?

2. Length of the race (hours/minutes or laps?)

First question is for tuning porpouses. Second is for planning pits and checking tires and fuel consumption.

1. There is no PP cap. I think the HP/Weight sufficiently sets the performance on the even level

2. The race will be a 2 hour race, with fuel/tire wear set to fast. In Midfield I can also set the time progression. Question: Do you want some night driving? I have the following options:

2x time progression (simulated 4 hr race) - 12:00 to 16:00
3x time progression (simulated 6 hr race, daytime only) - 12:00 to 18:00
3x time progression (simulated 6 hr race, night start/day finish, or day start/night finish) - 3:00 to 9:00 / 15:00 to 21:00
6x time progression (simulated 12 hr race) - 12:00 to 24:00
12x time progression (simulated 24 hr race) - 16:00 start /finish

1. There is no PP cap. I think the HP/Weight sufficiently sets the performance on the even level

2. The race will be a 2 hour race, with fuel/tire wear set to fast. In Midfield I can also set the time progression. Question: Do you want some night driving? I have the following options:

3x time progression (simulated 6 hr race, night start/day finish, or day start/night finish) - 3:00 to 9:00 / 15:00 to 21:00
2. HP/weight cap i think is not the best idea. Im not sure but pp cap gets the cars closer i think.

Midfield is track with time from 8:30(9:30) till 19:30(?). No night driving

2. HP/weight cap i think is not the best idea. Im not sure but pp cap gets the cars closer i think.

Midfield is track with time from 8:30(9:30) till 19:30(?). No night driving

Well that's dull. I think in that case the 2nd option (3x time progression from 12:00 to 18:00) might be the good choice.

Regarding the PP limit, I am just following what many of the more experienced race organizers do, which is to balance the cars using HP/Weight as opposed to PP limit. Maybe @PASM or @Gravitron can answer this question? I'm not quite sure...

Comparing hp, weight and pp values in the game is practically meaningless, the only way to equalize a group of cars is to drive them ALL. :crazy:

i am not a memeber of wrs

But can i still drive?
if so

GVilleneuve13 510 PP class 13# Bmw 135i
:9
Nevermind cant race i have something at 17:00 Sorry

Comparing hp, weight and pp values in the game is practically meaningless, the only way to equalize a group of cars is to drive them ALL. :crazy:

Thanks for your input. Yes, you're right, but they will never be really the same. My lap times are too erratic to see if the cars have come to the equal performance. I like one-make races for this reason, but that's also not as interesting.

Don't you think Sports Soft are too grippy for the 450 PP class? I would suggest using Comfort Soft or at least Sport Hard...

Good point. I'll go for SH on the class 3 cars. OP updated.

Just a heads up, I'll have a practice room open tomorrow at some point (probably late morning EDT = early evening in Europe). I haven't logged onto my PS3 in a long time and need to update my GT6, so hopefully everything will go according to plan. I will post the room ID once I have it set up.

Well after my small disaster last night @ Nurburgring with the other guys, I guess I should vote for a no night driving, but it's really up to you.

Anyway, I'll go for the Nissan. Mellow and laid back. Me lickey. Almost done with my setup. Will probably have a room open tonight (8PM GMT aprox) if anyone wanna join. No limits so open to all cars.

Back