All Golds License/School Club

• Thread starter isamu
  • 178 comments
Bonus prize car for all silver and another for all gold.

Well if that's the case I feel really stupid now, haven't accepted anything less than gold on anything. So basically you should go for silver, then have another go getting the gold? Seems a bit strange though..

I just can't go under 1.52 at Dragon Trail in the last event with the porsche.

I won all gold quite easy, but this one I just can't do it :grumpy:

Well if that's the case I feel really stupid now, haven't accepted anything less than gold on anything. So basically you should go for silver, then have another go getting the gold? Seems a bit strange though..

You don't have to get the silvers separately. If you do all gold the first time around, you'll just be awarded both bonus cars back to back.

Got gold on everything hardest in Missions was 15 min Blue Moon race I don't want to see that track ever again lol

Report here if you've gotten Gold on all the License Tests(AKA Driving School tests).

Took a while but I finally nailed the little buggers. Which one was the most challenging in your opinion?

Also how do these tests stack up against the ones in previous GTs?

Got all golds on the driving school and circuit experience,haven't even started the missions yet though.

Driving school was embarrassingly easy to gold to be honest, it actually felt insulting to the old games because they basically made it easier for scrubs to get gold.

The circuit experience was pretty similar too, the only one I found relatively difficult was Nurburg lap attack... And it's not even the time for Gold that makes it difficult because If i get it all together it's not difficult get to probably 5 seconds or so under the time...

The difficult thing about that one, is just the sheer fact that it's Nurburg, and keeping concentration for almost 7 minutes without making a single mistake, is not easy, especially on a controller.

First attempt was a sighter, and the second attempt I got the gold,but only just.

Got all golds. The hardest one was mission 8-6 at the speedway..

Sadly, they'll never, ever go back to the GT1 difficulty of license tests, those were some of the hardest things I've ever done in gaming. License tests A-4 and A-8 were the two I'll never forget. Add GT3's A-7 test to make it a trio. #memories

Jerome

I’d say the first rally test (forgot to turn of TCS) and the one with the Viper Gr.4 at Willow.
Second that. Even the dirt ones were better, but I do loathe that section of Big Willow....and Big Willow in general.

Need to gold one more in driving school
nr.44 driving the s-bend in rally i've gotten very close
got a Lamborghini veneno for all silver
will try this afternoon

If you have all gold you will get both rewards

How the hell do you get gold on the last one 48 best I've got so far is 1.51 literally struggling to shave that second off any suggestions? Tcs is on 2

Got all golds last night (only played it for a few hours in total) and got the GT Pace Car as the gold reward (can't remember what I got for the silver).

Having played previous versions of GT, defo think the Driving Lessons were, in general, easier than getting a licence. Hardest for me was probably the SLS AMG on the 'ring (downhill and left hander at end).

Now on with tackling the missions.

Oh and got the Trophy for Gold +1 sec on the beginner full lap (lesson 24 I believe)

Gotta join the club.
Spent two hours on one of the very last oval endurances.
Using ferrari 458 i got pretty easily into the second pack (3rd, 4th, 5th placing) but just couldn't get into the slipstream of the two leader cars. After many tries i stayed in the slipstream of the 4th and 5th car and saved fuel and shaved seconds off my pitstop time, exited the pits into inches away from lead and overtook in the final lap.

All gold :) !

Hardest one was No. 1 - I use to run without aids and I couldn't get that Mazda start fast enough. Tried a couple of different launches with the most delicate throttle control :lol: ... no success. Then decided to do it like in the demo vid ( weird launching an MX-5 revving into the limiter ) with TCS 1 and got gold at my first try.

Had anyone gotten the trophy for besting a gold test by over 1 second? Which did you do it on?

Number 24, 1 lap time attack at Kyoto with the GTR

How the hell do you get gold on the last one 48 best I've got so far is 1.51 literally struggling to shave that second off any suggestions? Tcs is on 2

I turned everything off except ABS which was set to default

Last edited:

Exactly the same here!! Cruised all the other golds. Still need to find another 1.5 seconds on this.

I started going through the Campaign mode by doing 50% Driving school, then 50% Missions and ~50% Circuit Experience, today completed the Driving School with all Gold, forgot which car i got for Silver, but for Gold i got the Nissan Safety Car, which is nice with a police livery :lol:

Repeated the last one (#48) a couple of times until i won the 'A Promise of Greatness' Trophy, but hardest overall were the Nurburgring challenges, had to change my FFB settings on the G29 for both (going back and forth until it felt good) to make it easier. Don't know why i had problems there!?
#1 was hard without TC, so used TC1 in the end (like @ROCKET JOE), all others without any aids except ABS on default.

Hope you enjoyed some of the challenges (i think i learned a little) :cheers:

So I've just achieved all Gold in Driving School, Mission Challenges and Circuit Experience!

Wondering what on earth I'm going to do in game from now on. Can't see me playing Sport mode from hours on end. Be great to know when they are going to release more cars, tracks and new campaign races to go with them.

All golds, got all tracks too, only Challenge 8, stage 6 and 7 on silver, hoping to get them this weekend...

Report here if you've gotten Gold on all the License Tests(AKA Driving School tests).

Took a while but I finally nailed the little buggers. Which one was the most challenging in your opinion?

Also how do these tests stack up against the ones in previous GTs?

I am now a member of this club...👍 I took my time and tried to beat the gold times from my friends list...enjoyed it more than GT5/GT6. Driving School Test #36 was killing me for some reason as I kept getting so close to the gold time (+.005, +.002) & all the tests on the dirt tracks took way longer than they should have. :crazy: Once I started to play with the torque split, they became a bit easier...50/50 worked the best for my driving style.

Kudos to @Stiggosaurus for the direct video links as that was a HUGE help with the tests that I struggled with...:cheers:

A bit late to the party since I’ve been mixing this up with real life and other parts of the game but I just got gold on all 48 driver school missions. I used the DS4 controller with motion steering for all events and I actually went back to automatic gearing with it, it feels more comfortable combined with the motion control or maybe I’m just getting lazy. Every other game I played the last couple of years I always used manual gearing (with analogue stick shifting). *shrug*

In retrospect, the ones that were challenging for me:

#30 (Vantage Gr.4 at Brands Hatch) - this has always been a trouble corner I knew I took bad in all other games. This challenge actually learned me to take it better.
#31 (458 Gr.4 at Nordschleife) - had some troubles taking those successive right hand corners as efficient as possible.
#35 (Viper Gr.4 at Big Willow) - yet another one of my all-time bad corners, this challenge learned me to take it better. This game sure exposes all my troubled corners. :)
#36 & #37 (SLS Gr.4 at Nordschleife) - the entire Nordschleife is more or less a pain-point as well for me, I just don’t like this circuit much so I don’t drive on it much. Took several tries before I got these.
#48 (Cayman GT4 at Dragon Trail) - Took me 4 full lap tries or so, the first two I only got bronze, then silver then gold with .0650 second to spare. :) I used TC 2 (0 or 1 were too difficult accelerating out of corners) and actually the biggest gain on my gold lap was in the beginning of the circuit, especially the first chicane and the double right handed before the uphill section. I actually left some time on the track in the uphill esses and again in the hairpin before the final busstop chicane. So this is very much doable, just memorise the corners, use TC 2 and use a camera view that you feel comfortable with.

And the utterly annoying ones are the following rally challenges:
#41, #44, #45, #46
Rally for me in the Gr.B cars is absolutely garbage so these were not driving challenges, these were anger management courses for me. Luckily my controller and iPad are still intact. Rally in this game It feels like piloting a frigging hovercraft. It’s as if there is no dirt surface but instead the entire ground is covered with brown soap. It’s one big frustrating mess.... at least in the Gr.B cars. If you actually drive on some dirt tracks with for example the Audi TTS Coupe completely stock the rally fysics feel not as bad. There is more control possible with the throttle, brakes and the steering and it’s actually quite fun. Certainly not this soap fest of the Gr.B cars. Gr.B probably stands for Group Brown soap.

All gold, happened very fast. Got done with 98% of the game in about one day. Now I need two or three more races to finish it all, and redo three or so missions to get gold (undeserved silver because of ramming AI) and get gold on the full lap on Nordschleife in Circuit Experience to be done and have gold on all offline events. This time ‘round it felt so easy. Did the missions etc become easier than previous games, tell me it isn’t just me.

Back