All Golds License/School Club

• Thread starter isamu
  • 178 comments
all the tests on the dirt tracks took way longer than they should have. :crazy: Once I started to play with the torque split, they became a bit easier...50/50 worked the best for my driving style.

That 50/50 torque split is actually a good suggestion, thanks! :cheers: I tried that on the 1 lap circuit experience for Sardegna and finally got gold after 2 more attempts, even including a misplaced 1.5 second penalty on my gold lap for slightly hugging the wall on that long left hand turn. :( 17.4 was needed for gold, I did a 16.2 which didn’t even feel like a great lap but with a second of penalty left I got 17.2. Fair enough, not like I will ever redo that again anyway. :)

All gold here! Took me a while on the rally stages and the final TT was hard to find the extra time but it's there apparently! Got me two cars because I silvered and then golded, but otherwise all done :cheers:

All gold :) !

Hardest one was No. 1 - I use to run without aids and I couldn't get that Mazda start fast enough. Tried a couple of different launches with the most delicate throttle control :lol: ... no success. Then decided to do it like in the demo vid ( weird launching an MX-5 revving into the limiter ) with TCS 1 and got gold at my first try.

Ya the TCS actually helps a lot. I don't use aids either, but the car launch physics are kinda odd. It helps smooth out the launch for sure.

I've got gold on all the driving school missions. The driving school was easier than the challenge mode missions. Right now I'm sitting at 67% on challenge mode with all gold so far. As an intermediate driver, there have been some easy missions and then there are some hard missions that have taken me many retries.

Do you get a gift car as well for doing all silver and all gold in the circuit challenges and mission challenges? Similar to driver school silver and gold rewards.

Whoop!! Finally got all gold on the driving school. Watched a tutorial on YouTube, didn't really learn anything new from it but noticed that the guy was running a -5 brake bias.
Set my car up and did it within three goes.
Onto the other challenges now :)

Do you get a gift car as well for doing all silver and all gold in the circuit challenges and mission challenges? Similar to driver school silver and gold rewards.
Yes you get two cars for completing 100% challenges. One for achieving silver and one for achieving all gold.

Yes you get two cars for completing 100% challenges. One for achieving silver and one for achieving all gold.

Ok thanks! Nearing the 100% gold on circuit challenge, doing the Nordschleife now then Fisherman and I’m done. Mission challenges will take a while longer though.

Are they fixed rewards like for the driving school silver and gold? Or random gift rewards?

Ok thanks! Nearing the 100% gold on circuit challenge, doing the Nordschleife now then Fisherman and I’m done. Mission challenges will take a while longer though.

Are they fixed rewards like for the driving school silver and gold? Or random gift rewards?
not sure. What I remember: GTR Safety car (that one is fixed). Other rewarded cars: Tomahawk (I already had two in my garage) and I think Peugeot hybrid 908 or something like that. To be honest: The VGT cars are not my cup of tea so not that interested.

This is incorrect, just completed all silver of the circuit experience and I didn’t get a car for it. So in circuit experience it’s only for the individual circuits you get a car I think (on gold).

This is incorrect, just completed all silver of the circuit experience and I didn’t get a car for it. So in circuit experience it’s only for the individual circuits you get a car I think (on gold).
First I got a car for all silver and then immediately a car for all gold. Maybe it works the other way around? If you get all gold you get a car for also indirect achieving silver?

First I got a car for all silver and then immediately a car for all gold. Maybe it works the other way around? If you get all gold you get a car for also indirect achieving silver?

Not sure, will be a while before I find out, 7:05 as the best of my first 2 tries on the Nordschleife, pffft. That includes 1 expedition into the grass but still, I doubt I can get the 6:57 any time soon. I golded the individual stages without too many troubles but the entire track at that speed and concentration, not really my thing.

Focusing on Fishermans Ranch first now, need another 1,5 seconds to get gold on the full lap. That silver lap has a ton of seconds-errors in it and so many things that can be improved, but thanks to these bizarre brown soap physics it seems to take a while to get it done.

I hope PD fixes rally at some point though since the content in the game is already so thin, and the 3 rally maps themselves are actually quite fun. Or, would be fun if the physics worked properly.

I did get a bunch of trophies and achievements for all-silver on circuit experience though, but no car. Are you sure it was not just the car to get gold for the last circuit you did?

Last edited:
Focusing on Fisherman's Ranch first now, need another 1,5 seconds to get gold on the full lap. That silver lap has a ton of seconds-errors in it and so many things that can be improved, but thanks to these bizarre brown soap physics it seems to take a while to get it done

It's totally artificial and arcadey, but I found once I'd cracked the first couple of rally events the rest were really quite easy. By the time I did the full 'experience' lap of F.R. I got a 3:28 no problem :D Having to do it while navigating around slow AI (mission 8-4) is very frustrating, even so, I found concentrating on my pace meant I encountered them at easier places to pass them.

I did get a bunch of trophies and achievements for all-silver on circuit experience though, but no car.

Yep, no bonus cars for all silver/gold of circuit experience. But you do get some for all silver/gold in driving school (I got Veneno '14 N800 and GT-R Safety Car Gr. X) and mission challenge (I got Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION VGT Gr. X and Alpine VGT Race Mode Gr.X).

Got the FR gold as well now, when suddenly the soap starts to make sense, or else when some lucky bumps into the sidewalls helped a bit - over 3 seconds below the gold time now on Fishermans (3:29.something). . :) And a Hyundai Gr.B car I already had for all the effort. :(

Got the FR gold as well now, when suddenly the soap starts to make sense, or else when some lucky bumps into the sidewalls helped a bit - over 3 seconds below the gold time now on Fishermans (3:29.something). . :) And a Hyundai Gr.B car I already had for all the effort. :(

Ha, I dunno about makes sense, but the basics seem to be a good line and patience on corner exit. It may help that I've been doing GT3 licenses recently - it's essentially the same!

Top ten for Fisherman's is all sub 3:20, down to 3:14... just to depress us both :)

Mission 8.4 sucks BTW, first fail, then 2 sec remaining, then 1 sec. Each time with several times the 2 second penalty added thanks to these ****ers on track. :(

I gave up on getting gold for all missions a while ago so I’ll first focus on getting all bronze for the gift car.

Not sure, will be a while before I find out, 7:05 as the best of my first 2 tries on the Nordschleife, pffft. That includes 1 expedition into the grass but still, I doubt I can get the 6:57 any time soon. I golded the individual stages without too many troubles but the entire track at that speed and concentration, not really my thing.

Focusing on Fishermans Ranch first now, need another 1,5 seconds to get gold on the full lap. That silver lap has a ton of seconds-errors in it and so many things that can be improved, but thanks to these bizarre brown soap physics it seems to take a while to get it done.

I hope PD fixes rally at some point though since the content in the game is already so thin, and the 3 rally maps themselves are actually quite fun. Or, would be fun if the physics worked properly.

I did get a bunch of trophies and achievements for all-silver on circuit experience though, but no car. Are you sure it was not just the car to get gold for the last circuit you did?
Now you make me doubt. Did I get after completing all stages at gold one or two cars? One for silver and one for gold or just one? If I gave wrong info then I want to make my apologies upfront. I really don;t remember may be anotherone who golded everything can add and clarify?

Don't know how much time it took me but the the Mclaren VGT was an unexpected gift after the last challenge.
IMG_20171020_165206_313.jpg

Half of it was made at 19 October and the other half at 20.

Now you make me doubt. Did I get after completing all stages at gold one or two cars? One for silver and one for gold or just one? If I gave wrong info then I want to make my apologies upfront. I really don;t remember may be anotherone who golded everything can add and clarify?

In circuit experience, it would've just been the car you get for all golds on one circuit (plus decals for all bronze and all silver).

Mission 8.4 sucks BTW, first fail, then 2 sec remaining, then 1 sec. Each time with several times the 2 second penalty added thanks to these ****ers on track. :(

I gave up on getting gold for all missions a while ago so I’ll first focus on getting all bronze for the gift car.

It took me quite a few tries, in the end I had 12 secs left and I think I only had one 2 sec penalty. Lots of restarts rather than full runs. I found it easier than 8-7, with its cheating AI faster on hards than I was on fresh softs at the end!

Well I’m pretty sure only driving school and mission challenge reward a car for getting everything silver and everything gold. If you go to either one of them, below the big circle with your percentage completed you see 2 cars under a blanket if you haven’t completed them yet. Under circuit experience the same area is just empty.

Seems to me these are all the cars you can win from career:

Driving school:
6 random cars from getting bronze from the missions themselves
1 fixed car for getting everything up to silver
1 fixed car for getting everything up to bronze

Mission challenge:
8 random cars from getting bronze from the stages themselves
1 (fixed?) car for getting everything up to silver
1 (fixed?) car for getting everything up to bronze

Circuit experience:
22 random cars (1 car per layout you get all gold for)

Couldn't start my GTS journey until Friday due to a holiday in Miami. I landed early Friday, and after popping in to the office for an hour, I sat down to start the license tests at 11am.

Early afternoon today I finished the final circuit challenge to have all licenses, missions and circuit tests gold. A total of 23 hours driving time. A few good challenges, but mostly pretty straight forward.

Spent the rest of the afternoon picking up some of the trophies and doing my 1st on line races - really enjoyed the Nurburgring race in a Porsche RSR.

All gold Driving school (go back now and again to try and top friends times).

100% Missions (still working on golds, have a handful of silver and a couple bronze).

Fishermans ranch and Nurburgring left on Circuit experience (all gold otherwise).

On Circuit Experience you need gold on all test of a circuit to get a car . In Mission Challenges just Bronze.

Back