What's your take on tuning in Forza 6?

• Better

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Worse

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Not Sure Yet

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
Increasing the deccel setting decreases lift-off oversteer? The in-game description says the opposite. :odd:

Yes and no, if you go to low it causes lift off over steer [It should not but it does in Forza] and if you go to high you will likely run into issues as well.
25-35% seems ok 10% or less is a problem and I haven't tried it to be sure but I would think 75 or more would be a problem as well.

Yes and no, if you go to low it causes lift off over steer [It should not but it does in Forza] and if you go to high you will likely run into issues as well.
25-35% seems ok 10% or less is a problem and I haven't tried it to be sure but I would think 75 or more would be a problem as well.
I've been putting it low for a while, and the lower I get the more understeer I get with lift off. I purposely put it really low and gradually go up to get the best fit for me.

With RWD a lower Decel will induce lift off understeer, while with a FWD car a higher decel setting will induce lift off understeer.

I've been putting it low for a while, and the lower I get the more understeer I get with lift off. I purposely put it really low and gradually go up to get the best fit for me.

With RWD a lower Decel will induce lift off understeer, while with a FWD car a higher decel setting will induce lift off understeer.
Very interesting. ALmost all my cars are RWD and usually the lower my decal is, the less lift off over steer I get. But that is not the case with some cars.

I am going to experiment with this on my 03 RWD Celica. That car has massive lift off oversteer. Makes it drive like the rear tires are very skinny. It is a strange car. I will see what happens tonight while adjusting differential deceleration. I will go the opposite direction and see what it does.

Very interesting. ALmost all my cars are RWD and usually the lower my decal is, the less lift off over steer I get. But that is not the case with some cars.

I am going to experiment with this on my 03 RWD Celica. That car has massive lift off oversteer. Makes it drive like the rear tires are very skinny. It is a strange car. I will see what happens tonight while adjusting differential deceleration. I will go the opposite direction and see what it does.
I've recently discovered since then that a higher decel setting on rwd vehicles will actually induce more understeer with lift off. It seems that description is backwards, or that the setting is backwards. Try bumping it to 80 and see what happens.

I've recently discovered since then that a higher decel setting on rwd vehicles will actually induce more understeer with lift off. It seems that description is backwards, or that the setting is backwards. Try bumping it to 80 and see what happens.
I will try that tonight for sure and post back with my results tomorrow. Would be nice to get my 03 Celica drivable. This might also fix my 1986 Metro 6R4. It was really bad with the Metro.

Yeah the description is definitely not the same as what it does.

I tested on a FR car and at 100 decel it had a lot of understeer on lift off, could not kick out the rear no matter how hard I turned. at 0 the rear would come out fairly easy.

On an MR car 0 will make it very likely to come out when lifting if turning even a little where as higher settings are much more stable. You just need to play around with it a little to find what feels good to you on a few different cars and then you should be able to get most of them to drive the way you want in terms of the lift off oversteer.

Follow up from @ImaRobot lift off oversteer deceleration differential advice.

He is 100% correct. I spent about an hour and a half last night using his advice to fix 3 different vehicles that had MASSIVE lift off oversteer.

1. 03 Celica B class RWD
2. 03 Celica S class AWD (AWD is the only way to get to S800)
3. 1986 MG Metro 6R4 AWD S class

So I started with his advice. Usually lowering the deceleration helps lift off oversteer, but on some vehicles it is the opposite. My deceleration on my Celica was about 5%. I went to the extreme right away and set it to 80%. Instantly removed any lift off oversteer. However it also induced an insane amount of understeer. So I just kept lowering it until I had the best of both worlds. This will vary depending on your driving skill.

The AWD Celica took quite a bit more time to adjust properly. But I did indeed get it drivable. Since it was AWD I ended up adjusting most of the settings to force it more as a RWD car. This ended up pretty good.

The 86 MG metro on the other hand was an absolute nightmare to adjust. This one easily took me about 45 minutes of much trial and error. Even with setting deceleration to 100 for front and rear it still had massive lift off oversteer. So you really have to experiment and adjust until it works for you.

One thing is for sure, the description for the deceleration seems incorrect or backwards. Conclusion, if you are having issues with lift off oversteer, take his advice and adjust your deceleration in the complete opposite direction. It really seems to vary from vehicle to vehicle. 👍

My additional advice is to mess with the downforce on the aero quite a bit too.

Last edited:
Maybe someone can help me here, I've been tuning a VW Beetle for A class with racing tyres, minimum weight and all adjustable parts.

The car handles very nicely and is easy to control in turns however once on the straights I notice a slight problem, the car will wander from side to side, if I make a small input to turn left it will turn left that small amount but then continue lightly turning left which makes it very difficult to race alongside others and line up for the next corner. I do not believe the problem is due to any kind of traction issues as it even occurs in 5th gear on a flat straight.

This is the only car I've experienced this behaviour with so maybe it's a characteristic of rear-engined RWD cars - any suggestions to stop or reduce this behaviour?

What is your ride height?
Are you running any toe on it?

Those would be the first things I would look at.

I set the ride height to low on a VW Bus with racing tires and it was almost impossible to drive in a straight line afterwards. After I raised the ride height a bit it was fine.

Last edited:
What is your ride height?
Are you running any toe on it?

Those would be the first things I would look at.

I set the ride height to low on a VW Bus with racing tires and it was almost impossible to drive in a straight line afterwards. After I raised the ride height a bit it was fine.

I was running minimum ride height but it seems that changing the toe has done the trick, I currently have 0.1 out on the front and 0.4 in on the rear, this has stopped the car wandering about the track. I don't know if these values are considered excessive but I will have a look if changing ride height can help with that. Thanks for the suggestions. 👍

Toe is a very useful tool to find a balance in the car. I like my cars responsive, at the limit of twitchy. I hate when it continues to turn when I try to straighten out though. That just means you have to counter steer. Which always ends up being too much. This results in a long slalom down the straights, with a spin likely to happen in high speeds. Toe is therefore a great tool to find the balance you like.

That countersteer resulting in slalom action is generally caused by using sim steering. Once you need to countersteer even a little if sim steering is enabled then it becomes an adventure to try and maintain control of the car. I highly recommend not using sim steering. The normal setting while not perfect seems much closer to the real thing. Sim steering feels like there are issues with the steering ratio when counter steering, possibly a complication of the way they implemented speed sensitive steering or possibly something else but whatever the cause it seems that any amount of counter steer input results in a different amount than normal and that more often than not causes the driver to over do the counter steer and back and forth until he either slows down or wipes out.

As for toe it can be very useful but also should be used sparingly as it does effect speed and tire wear in a negative way.

Hi, I need help with my Fiat 595. It almost tips over on every turn and I have no idea how to make it more planted. It's in E class and I only have Street tires on so I don't think too much grip is the problem.

Hi, I need help with my Fiat 595. It almost tips over on every turn and I have no idea how to make it more planted. It's in E class and I only have Street tires on so I don't think too much grip is the problem.
What parts do you have fitted? I could try finding a setup for you.

Convert it to AWD and make sure you've got wide tyres on the back and skinny ones on the front, that alone stops most of the tipping issues with this car. I've got an E class set up shared, it's not a bad little grip car once you sort out the tipping problems. I've set a few top 100's with it, seems to work well on short versions of Hokenheim and Sonomo

Last edited:
I tuned my Austin Cooper as close to the specs in the video. Taking into account some of the rules in the Nb weight class(approx . 600kg) for historic Minis. Just amazing.

Is there a way to detune engine power? I want to use a V8 for the Carlton but, it comes in at 592hp.

There are a few cars where upgrading to the race turbo reduces power but IIRC the V8 you can swap to isn't one of them engines. Unfortunately I don't think there is any other way to lose power other than swapping to a different engine.

I remember the restrictor plates. The FM game that came out in 2007(?). I guess T10 have more important parts of the game to prepare.

Back