All your DLC questions answered here!

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 409 comments
I am new to GT5, is any of the DLC still available on PSN?

Not to buy, no. However, if someone bought it back in the day, then they can still download it again.

I think if you manage to find an unopened copy of Gran Turismo 5 XL, t his will have all the DLC? From what I understand, these come as vouchers that you'll have to download, they do not load from the disc itself.

I am about to get XL from somebody on eBay so hopefully that's way it works. Otherwise I'm out 40 bucks.

OH and welcome to GT5.

Dude, you dag up a thread which was inactive for more than 6 years ago. :lol:

Anyway, welcome to GT5. It's good to know that some folks are still playing this great racing game. :)

I think if you manage to find an unopened copy of Gran Turismo 5 XL, t his will have all the DLC? From what I understand, these come as vouchers that you'll have to download, they do not load from the disc itself.

I am about to get XL from somebody on eBay so hopefully that's way it works. Otherwise I'm out 40 bucks.

The DLC codes that came with XL & the Academy Edition would have all expired by now. Even if you got them, you couldn't redeem any of the DLC.

Last edited:
VBR
Ther DLC codes that came with XL & the Academy Edition would have all expired by now. Even if you got them, you couldn't redeem any of the DLC.

Dammit. Well good thing I didn't waste my money.

Dude, you dag up a thread which was inactive for more than 6 years ago. :lol:

Anyway, welcome to GT5. It's good to know that some folks are still playing this great racing game. :)

i've played the h**k out of GT4 and other PS2 games and finally got a PS3 to play more.. but thanks for the welcome, been around GT4 for yrs now tho

VBR
Ther DLC codes that came with XL & the Academy Edition would have all expired by now. Even if you got them, you couldn't redeem any of the DLC.
i had read somewhere on another forum (prob PSN) that there is a grace period for the un-redeemed codes, i will call the number on the certificate SCE Consumer Services 1-800-345-7669.
i will post my results here...

Last edited by a moderator:
i've played the h**k out of GT4 and other PS2 games and finally got a PS3 to play more.. but thanks for the welcome, been around GT4 for yrs now tho
You'll enjoy the game more if you have the DFGT wheel. I did that a long time ago. :sly:

i had read somewhere on another forum (prob PSN) that there is a grace period for the un-redeemed codes, i will call the number on the certificate SCE Consumer Services 1-800-345-7669.
i will post my results here...

I hope I'm wrong about this for your sake...

:)

Since the online servers are permanently shut, and DLC is no longer available, i now wonder how can i get some if not all the special cars that "were" available??
i called the number and i was told i was out of luck and politely told that i had waited too long before getting the GT5. I think that such content should have been available forever, i paid for the game and should get what i pay for, not a game that dangles a carrot of great cars and then renegs on their end of the business.

Another straight up no bull answer...

1-Have GT6 version 2.11
2-Get Garage Editor 1.3.1 from net
3-All you have to do is change body codes in GE to the DLC car ya want. There is a list of all body codes on all cars that is available if you check around on the net. Example could be the Jag Chrome Line.. You would get the regular Jag XJ13 by simply getting in GE... change the body code (You need to have that) on all settings and use B setting only to copy over to A and C settings when back in the game... BADDA Bang !

If I remember correctly I think they are here somewhere... NOT MINE !

https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/gran-turismo-6/722957-mint-sauces-body-code-list-2.html

A2D69137-693B-42EC-BC6D-03BEECBE9A75.jpeg

Last edited:

1-Have GT6 version 2.11
3-All you have to do is change body codes in GE to the DLC car ya want. There is a list of all body codes on all cars that is available if you check around on the net. Example could be the Jag Chrome Line.. You would get the regular Jag XJ13 by simply getting in GE... change the body code (You need to have that) on all settings and use B setting only to copy over to A and C settings when back in the game... BADDA Bang !

https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/gran-turismo-6/722957-mint-sauces-body-code-list-2.html

View attachment 814024

Will GE work with my version of GT5? When i put disc in for first time it went through about 45-55 minutes of downloading and installing patch to bring my GT5 up to version 2.17.

i called the number and i was told i was out of luck and politely told that i had waited too long

That really sucks but thanks for trying.

It doesn't make any sense to me though. I would gladly fork over money for all the DLC all over again, I lost this content when my original PS3 died. But I think the idea is "everyone is supposed to be playing GT Sport nowadays. Why would anyone play one of the older PS3-era GTs?" :confused: PD must be boggled that anyone would play these older games.

Hello, I have been going through all of the GT games and making sure I have every single piece of content in them.
The only game that I don't have all of the content in is GT5.

I am after the following DLC:
  • Complete Pack (including the Course Pack, Paint Pack, Racing Car Pack & Racing Gear Pack)
  • Car Pack 2
  • Car Pack 3
  • Speed Test Pack
  • Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11
  • Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12
  • Subaru BRZ S '12
  • Twin Ring Motegi
I am also after all of the Chrome Line and Stealth Edition cars as well, if possible.

Please note, my copy is from Australia (Region 4) and I can only accept DLC from the EU (Region 2), Australia and New Zealand (Region 4).
If you can help me with acquiring all of the aforementioned DLC, send a PM to me.

Hello, I have been going through all of the GT games and making sure I have every single piece of content in them.
The only game that I don't have all of the content in is GT5.

I am after the following DLC:
  • Complete Pack (including the Course Pack, Paint Pack, Racing Car Pack & Racing Gear Pack)
  • Car Pack 2
  • Car Pack 3
  • Speed Test Pack
  • Subaru BRZ S '12
  • Twin Ring Motegi
I am also after all of the Chrome Line and Stealth Edition cars as well, if possible.

Please note, my copy is from Australia (Region 4) and I can only accept DLC from the EU (Region 2), Australia and New Zealand (Region 4).
If you can help me with acquiring all of the aforementioned DLC, send a PM to me.
All of these you have mentioned below and I have got them, but they are tied up to my Account and I can not give them away.

• Car Pack 2
  • Car Pack 3
  • Speed Test Pack
  • Subaru BRZ S '12
  • Twin Ring Motegi

1-Have GT6 version 2.11

View attachment 814024

those codes work in Gran Turismo 5? But it's posted on Gran Turismo 6 thou.

What ??? It is posted here in GT5 and that list does have at the end some GT6 cars only that will not work... use only the GT5 codes... and again you’re trying to make things work with your GT5 version 2.17 which is a general waste of time, so do yourself a favor if your gonna use GE ... GET VERSION FOR YOUR XL UP TO 2.11 ONLY...

the stealth models, chrome line, and other dlc's worked before. I shut down my PS3 for an hours.
suddenly it prompts me to install the stealth and chrome line vehicles dlc.

Latest Posts

Back