Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
When I was a kid, I had a Hot Wheels car that looked almost exactly like the VGT. It was called the "Monoposto." When I first saw the pictures of this VGT my first thought was how similar they look.

EDIT: Here's a picture of one.

images
Wow, that Hot Wheels really does look exactly like the upcoming Alpine VGT. Wonder if Alpine got the idea from that Hot Wheels.

Good pictures, what did you think of the real scale model of the car, if you don't mind me asking?
Most impressive is the height of the car (not higher than half leg). All rest seems pretty realistic. Antony Villain (Alpine Design Director) even said that maybe the car will be tested soon on a track. He just supposed it. I tried to know on which track etc but he refused to answer..

Most impressive is the height of the car (not higher than half leg). All rest seems pretty realistic. Antony Villain (Alpine Design Director) even said that maybe the car will be tested soon on a track. He just supposed it. I tried to know on which track etc but he refused to answer..

Interesting, it really is a low-hung car. The odd part is Mr. Villain saying that the car might be tested on a real track... Does Alpine really want to create a self-propelled version of the scale model? Interesting...

Interesting, it really is a low-hung car. The odd part is Mr. Villain saying that the car might be tested on a real track... Does Alpine really want to create a self-propelled version of the scale model? Interesting...
I'm impressed they will make a real Alpine VGT Car with real Engine, the previous VGTs which had scale models probably didn't have the actual engine that was in the game.

A few of the other ones sorta worked. The Mercedes VGT worked but it was via Remote controller and the Volkswagen Golf has an actual motor in it as it was driven out during its reveal.

No matter how you see it, the design is pretty smart
There is a point not very smart.
Airbrakes should be located in the central body, between the tails, and not on the outside where they are useless when approaching curves with guardrail and are very exposed to accidents.

Maybe, or maybe they want a piece of the Caterham pie. Low production number trackday car.

There's a thought...

Could be, a car separate from the future 2016 Alpine car (which was also told about having some of its design cues on the VGT), and we all know how big the trackday business has gotten over the past few years...

There is a point not very smart.
Airbrakes should be located in the central body, between the tails, and not on the outside where they are useless when approaching curves with guardrail and are very exposed to accidents.

I agree with that, Freeman, it is perhaps both the most amazing and the most unrealistic aspect of the car. It's not really the concept as much as it is its placement that it's wrong. You pretty much explained the reasons why, they can easily get ripped off by another car and/or trackside walls.

But did anyone notice that "placeholder" at the first screenshots was bugatti track, but on the screenshot from Matternhorn there is a minimap from this track. So maybe the new track will be mentioned Bugatti track?

But did anyone notice that "placeholder" at the first screenshots was bugatti track, but on the screenshot from Matternhorn there is a minimap from this track. So maybe the new track will be mentioned Bugatti track?
We noticed and moved on a while ago.

It's pretty meaningless, CotA was in the 2X's concept sketches, but then so was a screen shot from GRiD...

If the track is french perhaps Nevers-Magny Cours could be it.
Adjusted to the game that is, because in real life the tire walls are not red and white but blue and black :)

Well, there's Suzuka and Goodwood 2014, the layout didn't change, but the sponsors and side track things did.

There's also Circuit de la Sarthe 2005, 2009 and 2013.

Well, there's Suzuka and Goodwood 2014, the layout didn't change, but the sponsors and side track things did.

There's also Circuit de la Sarthe 2005, 2009 and 2013.
Those were updated because the tracks were updated. It's not like PD is taking the real tracks and adding things to them that aren't there, like the Shift series did.

If the track is french perhaps Nevers-Magny Cours could be it.
Adjusted to the game that is, because in real life the tire walls are not red and white but blue and black :)

Is there any chance of that track being Catalunya??? Red and white tire walls there along with the fencing and tree lines in places... and it's not like GT6 doesn't have this Spanish theme going in places... photomode locations, tracks including Sierra, etc etc.

I'm no expert on tracks, so please be gentle. :nervous:

Cheers

Is there any chance of that track being Catalunya??? Red and white tire walls there along with the fencing and tree lines in places... and it's not like GT6 doesn't have this Spanish theme going in places... photomode locations, tracks including Sierra, etc etc.

I'm no expert on tracks, so please be gentle. :nervous:

Cheers

Well, parent company Renault does appear to like using that track a lot. However, I can't find where that particular section would be if that were it.

Well, parent company Renault does appear to like using that track a lot. However, I can't find where that particular section would be if that were it.

Ok... maybe not current but is there an '80's version that would fit??? We did get '80's versions of Brands and Monza for the Senna Tribute. Would that fit or even make sense?

EDIT: Just watched Senna in 1991 there... can't see a relevant section. Sorry people!

Cheers

Last edited:
After watching the "unidentified track" section I compared once again with Dijon Prenois and to be honest I think it is actually this track.

The shot in PD's video seems to be just after the corner "Parabolique". The trees match up nicely and also the difference in height on the track.

plan-circuit-travaux-2014.jpg

alpine-mystery-track.gif

280px-Dijon-Parabolique2000.jpg

hscc-monoplaces-parabolique.jpg

Watch at 1.08 where he enters "Parabolique"

Watch at 1.35

I am seeing to much here???

Edit...lol...forget it. It's not :embarrassed: The tire barriers should decent on the from right to left and in the GT6 pic it doesn't. Also the barriers on the left side are missing.

So...do I feel stupid...:lol:

Last edited:
Back