Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
Speaking of that tear drop area, where would be the car's tailights? In the inner side of the "side wings"? The exhaust exits would be in the center of the tear drop, I'd take it...
I assume the rear lights will be very slim, like the Mazda LM55, and will be the thin gap at the inner-rear of the fins.

Also, I am wondering if that gap will be an aerodynamic aid and will act as an exit for some active aerodynamics stemming from the rectangular panel on the outside of the fins. Those are not the type of panels seen on a concept unless they are functional. They would only detract from aesthetic purity and, if it was a styling decision to reduce the apparent dimensions of the fins, then a superior resolution could be easily found.

Alpine is renowned for using blue so hopefully we see some colour choice too.

I assume the rear lights will be very slim, like the Mazda LM55, and will be the thin gap at the inner-rear of the fins. Also, I am wondering if that gap will be an aerodynamic aid and will act as an exit for some active aerodynamics stemming from the rectangular panel on the outside of the fins. Those are not the type of panels seen on a concept unless they are functional. They would only detract from aesthetic purity and, if it was a styling decision to reduce the apparent dimensions of the fins, then a superior resolution could be easily found.

For some reason, I get Aston Martin DP100 vibes from that rear. I dunno, it just feels that it has a similar purpose. And the tailights could be small and slim as you said, your explanation makes sense. There has to be some aerodynamic principle in that area of the car...

For some reason, I get Aston Martin DP100 vibes from that rear. I dunno, it just feels that it has a similar purpose. And the tailights could be small and slim as you said, your explanation makes sense. There has to be some aerodynamic principle in that area of the car...
Actually, I forgot to say I think the gap I mentioned may be illuminated by concealed LEDs so as to make them appear larger.

Looks good. We should take bets on which track PD will select for its Time Trial release. I'm going to say Sarthe.
I agree. Circuit de La Sarthe seems like the logical choice. If I were to bet on elsewhere I would go with Spa-Francorchamps since it has such heritage and is far more challenging than La Sarthe.

This is cool too, though not likely the inspiration.....
matra640.jpeg

Looks good. We should take bets on which track PD will select for its Time Trial release. I'm going to say Sarthe.
Makes sense, after all Alpine has won at Le Mans.

But then, the A110-50 was released at Monaco, so could be Cote D'Azur.

Considering the racing inspirations, I'd be surprised if it didn't have one. It could even be Le Mans inspired.
Yes. Alpine Bleu with all the decals please.

Yes. Alpine Bleu with all the decals please.

IIRC, one of the old teasers had the number 53 (one of the old Le Mans car numbers). The colours could be the same as other Alpine concepts, just like you said. And if you can't paint it, at least allow us to have its paintchip, PD.

6a00d83451706569e201901d90b5e4970b.jpg

This would work... and this car too. Its powered by Nissan, so Kaz-y-boy has no excuse.
Although I'd love Frenchmau5 in GT, it'd make a pretty rubbish VGT.

"So... We took our marketing-based LMP programme and made it again"

Back