Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
Ah damm, I missed that one. That about as bad, if not even worse, c'mon PD! That's why people criticize your communication network... :lol:
PD rely on Sony for localisation; it's highly likely that that applies to the website, too.

Someone was obviously in a rush. Perhaps they had other websites to do!

PD rely on Sony for localisation; it's highly likely that that applies to the website, too.

Someone was obviously in a rush. Perhaps they had other websites to do!

Perhaps, I guess some mistakes just slip by unnoticed when you're working. The folks at Sony do work on more than one website...

Or lunch to eat.

I know I rush for lunch.

Or breakfast, or dinner... Or even for booze! :lol:

I'm hoping (like many others) it's not going to be a hybrid car... I'm putting my money on either a v6 or v8..

It'd be more likely for the Alpine to have a V6 than a V8, considering Renault's latest racing car (the R.S. 01), which had a Nissan twin turbo'd V6 engine. And we know who bought Alpine, don't we? But if it is a Le Mans tribute, it could very well be a hybrid car...

Last edited:
I'm going to guess it'll be a V6 hybrid, with an energy recovery system like the Toyota TS030. It could very well be a Le Mans tribute with classical throwback styling enfused with modern technology.

...............Hmmm V6 hybrid, huh? Question is, will it be NA, or twin-turbo-ed? And also, will it be tune-able?? Don't want another case like Aston VGT where it looks cool but you can't tinker with its settings...

...............Hmmm V6 hybrid, huh? Question is, will it be NA, or twin-turbo-ed? And also, will it be tune-able?? Don't want another case like Aston VGT where it looks cool but you can't tinker with its settings...

Part of me wants to believe that the car will have Turbos, it's far too unlikely for the car to not have them. The second question? It all depends on whether we get nice PD or not-so-nice PD for that...

.............Maybe Alpine could buck the trend and do a complete EV. With a range-extender, like Chevy Volt.
........................Just wildly fantasizing here folks no need to get alarmed.....

.............Maybe Alpine could buck the trend and do a complete EV. With a range-extender, like Chevy Volt.
........................Just wildly fantasizing here folks no need to get alarmed.....

You aren't completely fantasizing there man, Tesla has a VGT car on their ranks, and it'll be incredibly unlikely for that to be nothing less than full electric. But the Alpine? Nah, I don't see them going full electric. Renault yes, but not Alpine.

I see the Alpine using the same engine as the V6 Trophy racer/A110-50.

I hope we get a full fat F1 V6 though.

Mazda, Infiniti, and some others didnt have a preview.

I don't mean a preview, I was refering to the notifications we get when an incoming update is about to be released. Since tomorrow is "Update day" (Tuesday), we should've received by now a notification of online maintenance.

Probably a public presentation tomorrow and release next week.. Although I hope to find a update notification tomorrow :D

I don't mean a preview, I was refering to the notifications we get when an incoming update is about to be released. Since tomorrow is "Update day" (Tuesday), we should've received by now a notification of online maintenance.
I meant news preview, as in news notifications. Some VGT just get out there from an update.

I believe there is an update where its just out without maintenance. I knew it somewhat.

I meant news preview, as in news notifications. Some VGT just get out there from an update.

I believe there is an update where its just out without maintenance. I knew it somewhat.

An update without maintenace? Do explain. Has been there an update where that happened?

Tuesdays maintenance is regular.
They occasionally (but rarely) bump the original notice from Dec. '13, but generally don't bother.
It's too early and would finish well before the Alpine reveal at the car show tomorrow though.

There's certainly been major out of regular scheduled maintenance with notification that have produced no updates. :)
Not sure about updates from out of regular scheduled maintenance without notification on the website though.
Maybe timed released content?
Or maybe a bug fix update that couldn't be done via hotfix and was done without notification?
I would have to check.

As far as the Alpine is concerned, all I'm expecting is to see tomorrow is something from here
https://twitter.com/Alpine_Planet
or the newly made
https://www.facebook.com/Alpinecarsplanet.

Quickly followed by something on here
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/
and here
https://www.facebook.com/GranTurismo

:sly:

Last edited:
Although the car has been leaked I am still really looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. It looks great but an Alpine blue would work a treat.

I would love to get the Alpine LMP2 in your avatar @suomi1 in GT7.

What time is the car being revealed at?

Hard to tell, there hasn't been any specific time schedule provided by Alpine, only that "4 days to go" comment they wrote when the final teasers came. Perhaps we need to check the car show at the Invalides and see if there's any timetable to go with it...

Hard to tell, there hasn't been any specific time schedule provided by Alpine, only that "4 days to go" comment they wrote when the final teasers came. Perhaps we need to check the car show at the Invalides and see if there's any timetable to go with it...
Ah I thought there was... I'll probably just check back at the news section at 3 pm tomorrow.

Back