Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
B8Bd-YLIIAEN62e.jpg:large

renault-alpine-vision-gran-turismo-2015-scoop-02-11333091qnhow1.jpg

B8BebBYIAAAGUi5.jpg:large

renault-alpine-vision-gran-turismo-2015-scoop-01-11333090usdvo1.jpg

Finally... After months of (wrong) teasing, we finally found out the actual design of the Alpine VGT. And it is indeed the design Automoto.fr scooped! Congrats you French folk, you're just like France's Jalopnik and their guess of the Nissan GTR LM Nismo car. Now to see what this bad boy is going to be...

Also, is it just me or do those taillights look a lot like the ones on the Volkswagen XL1?

Last edited:
The car looks very cool... I'm wondering what that "less than 4 days to go" can mean :D

That "4 days to go" bit may be related to the Festival Automobile International in the Invalides, in the city of Paris. Automoto claims that Alpine will unveil a real size scale model of the car there (a la Chaparral). The show starts on the 28th January and ends on the 1st February, so the 4 days can definitly collocate with that.

So, if you're in Paris at this time, make sure to mark that date on your callendar, if you want to see this in the metal.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a old style monoposto design combined with 30's streamliner. Hope we get a screaming V12, hybrids are boring me.

Reminds me of a old style monoposto design combined with 30's streamliner. Hope we get a screaming V12, hybrids are boring me.

I agree with that notion, it's basically a modernism take on a speedster combined with Alpine's old Le Mans designs. The V12 would be awesome yes, but if that isn't possible at least make it a Twin Turbo'd V6 like the one on the Renault R.S. 01. And then make it shout like a wounded animal...

PD please use AES for this.

They have to, considering the latest VGT sounds. The Subaru, the Mazda and the Chaparral (Yes, that had an unique sound, if anything) all have either unique sounds or sounds modified with AES (feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this one). So, PD should, by this, use AES for the Alpine as well...

I just realized...

Open cockpit=premium interior

Get hype.

First premium interior since the Volkswagen VGT, no less. And that one was also a speedster as well. Irony? I don't think so...

Actually the first Vision GT Machine to feauture an interior since the VW was the Chapparral 2X

Actually the first Vision GT Machine to feauture an interior since the VW was the Chapparral 2X

To be fair, I sort of struggle to give the 2X that honor because of one thing; it really isn't what you'd call a conventional interior. It doesn't have a steering wheel, and the gauges are different. And it's also a closed roof car, except that it isn't your average closed car.

To be fair, I sort of struggle to give the 2X that honor because of one thing; it really isn't what you'd call a conventional interior. It doesn't have a steering wheel, and the gauges are different. And it's also a closed roof car, except that it isn't your average closed car.

That's because it doesn't need a steering wheel...

Regardless it features a modelled interior, instead of black nothingness

That's because it doesn't need a steering wheel...

Of course it doesn't, I know that much. In the 2X, the driver is the steering wheel...

Regardless it features a modelled interior, instead of black nothingness

Fair enough, that's a correct assessement. It isn't fully black, so that's good. The Alpine won't be either, which is also good.

Man, now I want to see the Peugeot next. It'd be ironic because the man behind the PSA group is the same man who brought Alpine back into the spotlight; fellow Portuguese man and former number 2 of the Nissan-Renault group, Mr. Carlos Tavares.

That much is obvious. Imagine if one of those came to the game without any buildup at all... The community would lose it completely! :crazy:
I would imagine 'no build up' is more than likely what will happen.
I don't recall anything from PD about other additions from the 'Update' section until after the fact. (could be forgetting something)
My guess is the only hype would come from those using CFW finding things before it's released.

Back