Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
https://twitter.com/YahooAuto/status/560162339631407104/photo/1

Simple and beauty

B8YYrdGIYAAnjVD.jpg:large

giphy.gif

Looks awesome! We already knew what it looked like but its still awesome.

Im disappointed that it doesnt look as cool as the early concept art does, but it looks interesting... Cant wait to drive it

A modern Matra long tail. :drool:

Was that what Alpine was going for this entire time? You sly French b:censored:tards, good one. 👍

I think that line was the one that came too "Soon". :lol:

giphy.gif

Looks awesome! We already knew what it looked like but its still awesome.

Blame Automoto.fr for the early scoop they did on the car. But hey, it looks great, and that's what matters. Now, next question would be "What engine does it have?"...

I don't like it, i mean it doesn't even look like a car...

I personally disagree with you, of course you are entitled to your opinion (not criticizing it) as everyone else are, but it does look like a car to me. You can tell where's the front, you can tell where's the rear. There's a steering wheel and it has four wheels. Isn't that what a car looks like? Just saying.

I personally disagree with you, of course you are entitled to your opinion (not criticizing it) as everyone else are, but it does look like a car to me. You can tell where's the front, you can tell where's the rear. There's a steering wheel and it has four wheels. Isn't that what a car looks like? Just saying.

I know but I don't like VGT cars in general, I want cars that look like cars not cars that look more
like "spaceships". But of course that's just my opinion...

I absolutely love it! This looks incredibly purposeful and I think it is a beautiful example of an old-school racer brought right up to modern standards.

Hopefully we get technical info soon. Does the car have a name or is it Alpine VGT?

..............👍👍
Love that catamaran-esque back. Can't wait to drive it!! Hopefully it's tunable and paintable....

I know but I don't like VGT cars in general, I want cars that look like cars not cars that look more

Of course man, no problem. :) Everyone has their own taste in cars, not everyone likes the same type of car. This isn't your style of car, therefore you don't really like it. It's fair enough.

"Coming this January" Time to mark the 30th (31st is a weekend) on my calendar!

I'll ask the same question as PaMU; how do you know this?

I respect your opinion :)
but even more strange shape cars exist in car history.

For instance this.
renault_etoile_filante_5.jpg

That is pretty weird, what car is it? I have never seen that before...

That's a really odd sentiment. What does a "car" actually look like? What does a "spaceship" actually look like...? Seems it can either be retro or futurtistic, both are slammed, and "modern", well.... that seems hard to nail down. Modern IS retro in a way, yet it's also futuristic.

My first thought when someone says they don't like cars that look like spaceships is that they either do not like, or, would not have liked when it came out, the Countach. Similarly, the Aventador, which is an evolution of that idea looks every bit as spaceship-y in the modern sense. (especially the targa) P1, 918, Veneno, Sesto Elemento.... these are all wild futuristic cars that can be said to look like spaceships. But they are real cars. So perhaps, a car that "looks like a spaceship" actually just looks like a car.

BAC Mono, X-Bow, Atom, and whatever that Caterham James drove on Top Gear last year (the green and yellow one) all fit in with this. As does the Veritas RS3 that Hamster drove earlier (he said it looked "like a 1930s racing car, from the future", which is awesome). (...actually, even the Plymouth Ghia XNR Roadster from the 60s, to a certain extent in a way)

Back