Alt Account - how, and why?

“And if you best the competition to the checkered flag and do it clean you automatically move up in DR classes.
If you stay D you either don't beat the competition enough or you do it so dirty that your DR can't move up because your SR is too low.”
That's what he said, and that's exactly correct.

You gain DR points by beating other people. The more you beat the more points you gain. If you do that often enough, you gain enough DR points to go up to the next DR rank. If you're not going up to the next DR rank, then you're not beating the competition enough.

However DR is also limited by SR. If you're getting enough points to go up to the next DR rank but your SR rank is lower than the next DR rank, you won't go up. That would be what happens when you beat the competition enough but do it so dirty you can't move up.

In your case, it's the former statement that's true. You're just not beating enough other drivers often enough. You've spent more time at 1 DR (with an S or A SR; your SR in fact looks generally fine, and rarely in A) - the lowest it can possibly go - than you have in DR C.

@Junkman55 I completely missed your PSN in the photo, sorry about that.
I looked at your stats on Kudos Prime, they are here:
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=7604410

And I see why you are not a C or B driver.
Your qualifying times are fast enough to be that for sure. But being able to maintain SR 99 all the time, even after the latest update means that you are "afraid of contact". Or too polite I would put it.
There's no doubt you got excellent situational awareness! Or you would have had at least a dip here and there.
If you can lap, say 10 laps within .4-5 you also have the consistency to climb up. Now you have to work on assertiveness.and taking a spot and holding on to it even if someone else challenges it.
I see you are in the States, you should turn up to one of @Pigems DRWF'S, they are great learning experience

You gain DR points by beating other people. The more you beat the more points you gain. If you do that often enough, you gain enough DR points to go up to the next DR rank. If you're not going up to the next DR rank, then you're not beating the competition enough.

However DR is also limited by SR. If you're getting enough points to go up to the next DR rank but your SR rank is lower than the next DR rank, you won't go up. That would be what happens when you beat the competition enough but do it so dirty you can't move up.

In your case, it's the former statement that's true. You're just not beating enough other drivers often enough. You've spent more time at 1 DR (with an S or A SR; your SR in fact looks generally fine, and rarely in A) - the lowest it can possibly go - than you have in DR C.

I think you reading Grandpa’s post leavings out the last part of his quote: “ or you do it so dirty that your DR can't move up because your SR is too low.”
Because I enjoy online racing with a single account in your mind l race with a Scarlet Letter D ( it was an A in the book look it up ). Getting respect from competitive drivers in the race is what I look for, not the Alphabet rating before the race. That is B.S. that you get with SOME Alt- account drivers not ALL. Gamers play a game to win points . The online racing driver can drive to win in every race by passing his competition not by keeping his alphabet rating. The alt-accounts player is just playing a game and that’s ok to , it’s not me.

Last edited:
I think you reading Grandpa’s post leavings out the last part of his quote: “ or you do it so dirty that your DR can't move up because your SR is too low.”
Because I enjoy online racing with a single account in your mind l race with a Scarlet Letter D ( it was an A in the book look it up ). Getting respect from competitive drivers in the race is what I look for, not the Alphabet rating before the race. That is B.S. that you get with SOME Alt- account drivers not ALL. Gamers play a game to win points . The online racing driver can drive to win in every race by passing his competition not by keeping his alphabet rating. The alt-accounts player is just playing a game and that’s ok to , it’s not me.
He didn't leave it out. And I did say that. What you are missing is that I didn't call you dirty, I spoke of the only ways there is to play without ranking up.
But it's hard to have a discussion when you already decided what I am saying without reading what I am actually saying.

The only two ways any player can not rank up is by either A: not beating his/hers opponents or B: being so dirty that there SR rating prevents them from ranking up.

In your case it is A

And this is totally independent on weather it's an alt account or a main account. The fact is there is no difference, it's merely an account.

No, I literally quoted it and addressed the comment in full:

Because I enjoy online racing with a single account in your mind l race with a Scarlet Letter D ( it was an A in the book look it up )
You'd be far better placed to tell me what's in my mind if you actually read my posts:
(with an S or A SR; your SR in fact looks generally fine, and rarely in A)
You're ignoring whole swathes of posts from several people in order to continue on your mindless crusade. I'm now wondering why you're doing that, and I don't know if it's worse that you're doing it on purpose or accidentally...

Last edited:
He didn't leave it out. And I did say that. What you are missing is that I didn't call you dirty, I spoke of the only ways there is to play without ranking up.
But it's hard to have a discussion when you already decided what I am saying without reading what I am actually saying.

The only two ways any player can not rank up is by either A: not beating his/hers opponents or B: being so dirty that there SR rating prevents them from ranking up.

In your case it is A

And this is totally independent on weather it's an alt account or a main account. The fact is there is no difference, it's merely an account.
I don’t know this to be true : FIA requires one name one account . IRacing has alternate account but if you mess up in one account it can effect the others. I do not participate with the two I mentioned so please correct me .

I don’t know this to be true : FIA requires one name one account . IRacing has alternate account but if you mess up in one account it can effect the others. I do not participate with the two I mentioned so please correct me .
I would if I could. But I don't understand what you want me to correct, since the two statements you string together has no bearing on the subject. So I can't.
I now am inclined to believe you are a troll and I am only feeding you.
So no more

@Junkman55
{ ~ snip snip ~}
And I see why you are not a C or B driver.
Your qualifying times are fast enough to be that for sure. But being able to maintain SR 99 all the time, even after the latest update means that you are "afraid of contact". Or too polite I would put it.
There's no doubt you got excellent situational awareness! Or you would have had at least a dip here and there.
If you can lap, say 10 laps within .4-5 you also have the consistency to climb up. Now you have to work on assertiveness.and taking a spot and holding on to it even if someone else challenges it.
{ ~ snip snip ~}

I actually was under the impression that I was suffering from the same "problem" so recently with my primary account I have been more aggressive (not dirty IMO). I am actually seeing good results. After looking up Junkman-55's record on Kudosprime I believe he is playing it safe to maintain his SR (which I can respect) but will never get anywhere in THIS game under the current penalty/gaming system.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy your racing!

Maybe he's deliberately driving passively to keep his rank at D for easier races?

(Just a joke, Junkman55! I didn't mean it!:P)

On the penalty system, I'm not driving under that racing inhibiting crap on any account. I've driven under it before knowing how bad it was and the only reason I did alright in the races was because I avoided penalties. All I had to do was stop racing and quietly tiptoe around everyone for a good finish...:crazy:

I thank you for your concerns . I do not need over thinking of my racing, I am who I am . I had Kart Racing in my life with real drivers on real tracks in the pass. My online racing I am enjoying with all its ups and downs of my competitive racing .

Online racing is growing and the future there might be simple rules for all internet racing , hopefully it will be better for all including gamers.

I thank you for your concerns . I do not need over thinking of my racing, I am who I am . I had Kart Racing in my life with real drivers on real tracks in the pass. My online racing I am enjoying with all its ups and downs of my competitive racing .

Online racing is growing and the future there might be simple rules for all internet racing , hopefully it will be better for all including gamers.
Honestly, as long as you are able to have fun and really enjoy it then that should be all that matters. Sounds like you're doing a good job on that. And taking breaks if it gets annoying. Good luck, good racing to you:tup:

I must apologize to the drivers of multiple accounts. Racing online for me is only the 3 daily races each week. For me to get a lineup of 12 to 20 drivers is to set a good Qualifying time . My driver rating has nothing to do with my lineup or my racing with alphabet drivers because they are in my race most times. When I am racing against all letters A thru D and we are only two seconds apart it is always a good race no Mather where you finish .

Last edited:
I must apologize to the drivers of multiple accounts.

No need to apologize if nobody takes offence and in a roundabout way, your point kinda got across to me.

I've never been interested or bothered about DR and I've never raced with the goal of trying to improve it but I figure it's time to try it out on my main. I might even qualify too.💡

Well I had done it just this weekend, I acquired an alternate account. But I am so new to this (my first online race was just a few months ago) I did it because I believe I had made some errors in how I got to where I am, I wound up with a bloated garage in that half the cars I have bought and/ or acquired I will not actively use like almost all of the 20 mil cars i have bought. The Ferrari P330 and the Jaguar XJ-13 are nice cars but never had the need to use them in a race. So in my new account i will have a garage of cars i can actively use in the races. This it's the sole reason i decided to make am alt account, i will keep and use my 1st account but will also build and use the 2nd too.

So I thought I'd have a go at this Alt account lark , setup a new PSN ID all good, fired up GT sport, I'd forgotten one thing, you start with very few cars and around 50K to spend, so I cant actually enter Race B or C and can only do Race A as it provides a car .. Genuine question, whats the quickest way to rack up funds to buy at least one all rounder from GR4 and GR3 cars ?

So I thought I'd have a go at this Alt account lark , setup a new PSN ID all good, fired up GT sport, I'd forgotten one thing, you start with very few cars and around 50K to spend, so I cant actually enter Race B or C and can only do Race A as it provides a car .. Genuine question, whats the quickest way to rack up funds to buy at least one all rounder from GR4 and GR3 cars ?
Do all the Circuit Experience and Mission Challenges. Spend a day working through those, gold them all (very easy if you've spent enough time in the game) and you'll have over 5mil creds in a day and a whole load of prize cars, including Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars.

If you have the Lewis Hamilton DLC on your main account you'll also have it on your alt account. All Silvers there will give you 5 million credits. If you're quick enough all Gold will give a further 10 million plus an additional 20 million bonus. All Diamond and you don't need to worry about credits ever again :lol:

If you have the Lewis Hamilton DLC on your main account you'll also have it on your alt account. All Silvers there will give you 5 million credits. If you're quick enough all Gold will give a further 10 million plus an additional 20 million bonus. All Diamond and you don't need to worry about credits ever again :lol:
But isn't there a 20 mill limit?

If you do the Hamilton DLC you can get the limit lifted to 100mil credits.
Which is not an argument for me as the more expensive cars don't exceed the 20M Cr limit. You can buy anything with a 20M limit. What's the point of accumulating Cr if you don't use it to buy cars. And after a while you have all cars and no need for Cr anymore.

The achievements take the accumulated amount anyway, so you can reach 50M Cr (or 50M Cr of purchased cars) too with a limit to 20M Cr.

There is no achievement for having a total of 100M (or 50M) on your account either.

As mentioned above at Circuit Experience, you can just do the Nurburgring Circuit Experience. It pays over 400,000 Cr. Added to the 50,000 Cr. You start with and there's your GR.3 car. If you're gifted a Gr.3 or GR.4 afterwards, bonus. Plus, you'll meet your Daily workout gift mileage. Another bonus.

Which is not an argument for me as the more expensive cars don't exceed the 20M Cr limit. You can buy anything with a 20M limit. What's the point of accumulating Cr if you don't use it to buy cars. And after a while you have all cars and no need for Cr anymore.

The achievements take the accumulated amount anyway, so you can reach 50M Cr (or 50M Cr of purchased cars) too with a limit to 20M Cr.

There is no achievement for having a total of 100M (or 50M) on your account either.
I think if you get Diamond on all events you get a special edition car plus 100 mil credits, so you can go and buy all the 20 mil cars.... but its not exactly easy so it might even be a waste of money for some people.

The quickest way to get a Gr.3 car, is to sign with a manufacturer. If you don't care about using that account for FIA, pick any brand.
At the start, we all know you get your first car. That N300 can be used to build some Mileage points at Northern Isle. 15-20 races(4000-5000MP) will allow you to buy an N500 Gr.3 road car and get some colours. If done quickly, can get those illusive matte blacks before the change, later today.
Or, just 'Like' Discovery photos, Liveries and take your own photos, for a combined 600MP.

Another good thing an alt is for, is for bonus Cr. Whether signing with a brand that eventually wins a World Tour or Nations champ, etc, you'll get Cr and MP for doing nothing. ;) That's IF the brand you picked wins.
Also, if you do the surveys using your alt, you can continue to receive the reward(within the reward period), even if you start a new game on the same alt.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the feedback, I ended up spending a couple of hours doing circuit experience, got around 2Mil and a few cars ....

Further to that I started the Daily Races without a qual time, its the most fun I've had in a while on GT sport , people flying off everywhere, 50% of people will do whatever it takes to stop you over taking and the amount of times people tried a huge punt and failed miserably is amazing , huge laughs when you're not concerned about DR

Latest Posts

Back