Alt Account - how, and why?

I am a D rated driver a real D rated passing me why would I feel Cheated. I do not race on line with drivers around the world trying to save a A rating . Let get real why do you think that the alt-account makes you a better diver is it the easy pass in the daily’s or are you having a difficult time passing a D rated driver saving your A rating..

When you're stuck in DRD, you have to look at yourself for the reason why, not other people.

It's funny but the faster you are, the harder the highly unpredictable lower ranks can be to deal with and I've seen most youtubers lose their rag with them from time to time. More fool them for forgetting that they were once at the same level and for not adjusting well enough to who they're racing.:mischievous:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you're stuck in DRD, you have to look at yourself for the reason why, not other people.

It's funny but the faster you are, the harder the highly unpredictable lower ranks can be to deal with and I've seen most youtubers lose their rag with them from time to time. More fool them for forgetting that they were once at the same level and for not adjusting well enough to who they're racing.:mischievous:

Yes having just been matched with a load of them I agree with this. I spent most of the time going real slow and careful otherwise I'd have just got penalty after penalty and lost more SR-. One of the D rated drivers however (who was clearly faster than most of the others) had no patience and keep flying through corners and right into the traffic in front earning them penalties. I actually moved out of their way at one point into the Lesmos as they already had penalties and sure enough they speed through the 2nd one bouncing of other cars on the exit picking up a penalty for the next lap too.

They'll be D rated forever if they continue to drive like that, despite being much quicker than the other D drivers. Maybe they are new and they'll learn and maybe they won't or maybe it's an alt whose is now complaining somewhere about these slow D drivers giving them penalties. :lol:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
All daily’s line up of drivers are base on time trials if you have a slower driver in front of you he must have beat your time. And if you think your cool by sand bagging a time trail that what you get.

Last edited:

Its sounds like you have a problem trying to find people to race with , out front all by yourself it can be boring. I am very happy to race with a full line up of D rated Drivers with a 2 seconds spread from the pole position to the last 12 or more drivers . I can tell you that kind of race is not boring!

Its sounds like you have a problem trying to find people to race with , out front all by yourself it can be boring. I am very happy to race with a full line up of D rated Drivers with a 2 seconds spread from the pole position to the last 12 or more drivers . I can tell you that kind of race is not boring!
I believe you. But if you are not moving up you are doing something wrong. The game is supposed to be a racing school.

I believe you. But if you are not moving up you are doing something wrong. The game is supposed to be a racing school.
I don’t see a school or game , I see online simulator for competitive racing. You don’t move up in racing you beat the competition for the checker flag.

No qualifying, remember? I start behind everyone and the not boring race is why I'm there?

You don’t move up in racing you beat the competition for the checker flag.

Driving quicker than they do helps with that.:P

I don’t see a school or game , I see online simulator for competitive racing. You don’t move up in racing you beat the competition for the checker flag.
And if you best the competition to the checkered flag and do it clean you automatically move up in DR classes.
If you stay D you either don't beat the competition enough or you do it so dirty that your DR can't move up because your SR is too low.

After three terrible races at Monza, I'm starting to warm to the idea of an alt account... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I'm really glad I did it before this came up, really enjoying the race but without an alt I'd be tearing my hair out. Been reset twice, technically more but I'm not getting high enough for a reset to actually count. True if it was my main I probably wouldn't retaliate as often, but I'm only doing it to the really dirty ones not the ones who are too aggressive for their skill. FIA in a week so people without alts are really going to have to be careful.

I'm really glad I did it before this came up, really enjoying the race but without an alt I'd be tearing my hair out. Been reset twice, technically more but I'm not getting high enough for a reset to actually count. True if it was my main I probably wouldn't retaliate as often, but I'm only doing it to the really dirty ones not the ones who are too aggressive for their skill. FIA in a week so people without alts are really going to have to be careful.
I'm unlikely to enter any of the FIA stuff (baby due any day now!) but still want to keep DR/SR high as possible. Didn't need a powercut D/C last night to drop me over 1k DR and 10 SR to put me on the bottom edge of B/S....... :(

I'm really glad I did it before this came up, really enjoying the race but without an alt I'd be tearing my hair out.

I haven't raced as much this week as I would have expected, considering the snow & ice that's on the ground outside. But the only racing I've done has been the terrorizing race A on a loose surface. And I didn't use my revenge alt. I used my main & good alt. Neither have taken a beating. Maybe there really is a curse to DR/SR at Monza?

No qualifying, remember? I start behind everyone and the not boring race is why I'm there?

Driving quicker than they do helps with that.:P
If you do not set a lap time you will always line up behind slower drivers. My races are always with lap times to make fair lineups of competition. You are sandbagging your competition with out a qualifying lap time .

Last edited:
Why on a alt-account would you chose not to Qualify . Is this the short cut to your ABC account rating!

Sandbagging time trails for qualifying for a line up position is ———! .Starting in the back of slower drivers is not promoting fairness in competition . If you drive faster in your race then your qualifying time trail there is a possibility of sandbagging . Your fastest lap time in a race means little if you did not qualify with it.

Junkman55, if you are not busy Saturday why don't you come out and join us.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-b-20-laps-saturday-feb-20-at-7pm-est.398026/
Thanks for the invitation 20 laps is more then I normally can do without pissing someone off. Then again thanks for the invitation it’s looks like a fun race.

I've made several alt accounts for no qualifying racing but they get deleted (from my console) in a couple of days when they reach mid B.

Racing against the often unpredictable lower ranks and having the bonus chance of racing against a lot more people in each race has always been more fun than racing at the sharp end for me. I only race in 2 or 3 events a year now though.

Not if I never set a time. I'm just there to watch the races from my interactive ringside seat. :P

Ta Da!

And if you best the competition to the checkered flag and do it clean you automatically move up in DR classes.
If you stay D you either don't beat the competition enough or you do it so dirty that your DR can't move up because your SR is too low.
I am racing with my peers I always use a qualifying time to put me in the line up of the daily’s. The ABC rating are in my race most times, if you are trying to class my rating to theirs as dirty you are looking foolish.

I am racing with my peers I always use a qualifying time to put me in the line up of the daily’s. The ABC rating are in my race most times, if you are trying to class my rating to theirs as dirty you are looking foolish.
I didn't call you dirty. I said that if you are not moving up in rank you are either not going fast enough or you are not ranked highly enough in SR to rank up in DR.
Why don't you tell me your PSn so I can see for myself?

Mine are both in the bottom of my post.

So you don’t do qualifying times to race the daily’s good for you.

I didn't call you dirty. I said that if you are not moving up in rank you are either not going fast enough or you are not ranked highly enough in SR to rank up in DR.
Why don't you tell me your PSn so I can see for myself?

Mine are both in the bottom of my post.

Here is your quote :
“And if you best the competition to the checkered flag and do it clean you automatically move up in DR classes.
If you stay D you either don't beat the competition enough or you do it so dirty that your DR can't move up because your SR is too low.”

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-18_18-38-3.jpeg
    upload_2021-2-18_18-38-3.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 19
My alt serves a very specific purpose most days it's never even used for months... however on a week like this one where winter storms have really hit hard I'm forced to use my alt account.

If I was racing on my main account I'd be out about 30k DR this week and that's without ever getting on the actual track because of disconnects on the grid.... then I'd be stuck in lower FIA split for next week and basically stealing worthless points from slower drivers until I reached my level of competition.

So should I just not play the game for the week and miss out on practice? Makes sense to fire up the alt account and just have fun being able to race.

I always qualify on my accounts but who really cares if someone starts at the back? They don't gain anymore DR because they passed someone... if I start on pole and finish 1st it's the same reward as starting 20th and finishing 1st.

Last edited:
So you don’t do qualifying times to race the daily’s good for you.

Here is your quote :
“And if you best the competition to the checkered flag and do it clean you automatically move up in DR classes.
If you stay D you either don't beat the competition enough or you do it so dirty that your DR can't move up because your SR is too low.”
That is the same thing yes. And I stand by that. Those are not the only two ways to avoid moving up in rank though. You can also avoid moving up by deliberately tanking your stats. Like parking and letting the field pass you.

Your progress can be seen on a page called Kudos prime.
If you look at my main account you can see that I race every combination and because if that and because of dirty drivers and because of mistakes + racing at prime time I have a graph looking like a stock graph in the depression.
Here is my main account:
Screenshot_20210219-091618_Chrome.jpg

You see, it goes up and down between letters, usually up in the beginning of the week and down in the end.
Now if you look at my alt account, that is based in NA it's a different kind of line. But that's mainly because I don't race there nearly as often and when I do it's out of prime time
Screenshot_20210219-091635_Chrome.jpg

Now, you have a graph just like that and it can help you determine if you are going to work on getting faster, getting more consistent or getting cleaner. Or perhaps all three.
And this isn't to make you look dirty or calling you slow, this is to try and help you become better.
If you don't want that help that's up to you.
And you don't need an alt account to get the help so there is no need for you to change your stand on that.
But if you want it, we will help you grow and to become a higher level racer.

We'll meet! I'll keep an eye out!
Just got to say your stats are impressive. I try and race cleanly but the rage monster rises his ugly head too often. I never go after people that just make mistakes, but I tend to lose it with cheaters. But then I just got an SR down in a game where I did nothing wrong, got 2 pens 1st because a Spaniard blocked and the second because 2 people divebombed me into 1st chicane. So keeping your SR up is something to be proud of as it's not in your control unless you sit at the back and never overtake anybody.

Latest Posts

Back