Alt Account - how, and why?

The marketing of alternate accounts by Sony and other is a money making decisions and I understand how it works.

Cheating was a bad choice of word to express my feeling to this topic of Alternate accounts. I am truly sorry I hurt anyone’s feelings. But Racing in any form is not social work So get over it ! Any time I make a pass on a Alphabet rated driver ( A,B,C ) that is the feeling I am looking for, it’s better then a win . So when I pass alt-Account driver I feel like I have been ———— !
By the way if you didn’t know I have a D rating which means noting in a race when you are passing other drivers who have learned their ABC’s . There will always be drivers faster then me , all I am looking for is the real ones I beat.

Last edited:
The marketing of alternate accounts by Sony and other is a money making decisions and I understand how it works.
Sony doesn't market it, creating a PSN/SEN account is free, and you don't need to buy PS Plus to play online multiplayer on an alternative account if you play on the same console as any other account that already has PS Plus...

... so no it isn't, and no you don't.

Sony doesn't market it, creating a PSN/SEN account is free, and you don't need to buy PS Plus to play online multiplayer on an alternative account if you play on the same console as any other account that already has PS Plus...

... so no it isn't, and no you don't.
“creating a PSN/SEN account it free”, so you think it is free . Sony controls everything its give to their consumers it is not giving free stuff away unless the marketing Department is telling them it will not hurt their bottom line. The alt-accounts is one of them.

“creating a PSN/SEN account it free”, so you think it is free .
That's because it is free. I've created several accounts - for alternate regions so I can access different PSN Stores, for my children, and so on - and it is free every time.

And you only need one PS Plus account on a console for every other account on that console to access online multiplayer. I play one set of games on one account, and another set on another account, from one PS Plus subscription.

Creating an "alt-account" for racing online in GT Sport is free.

I posted all of this in the very first response in this thread too, because this is how it is. It's free. You pay nothing.

Last edited:
Making accounts for you kids to play lots of games is the reason Sony lets you make alt- accounts. The problem is GTS is a online racing simulator game, that adults take very seriously. Alt- account are a problem for some adults making them act like kids. That’s the problem!

Making accounts for you kids to play lots of games is the reason Sony lets you make alt- accounts.
One of my kids is 19.

This is a very curious way for you to say "Oh yes, I was wrong, it is free after all".

The problem is GTS is a online racing simulator game, that adults take very seriously. Alt- account are a problem for some adults making them act like kids. That’s the problem!
And this only happens on alternate accounts, right? That's all people use alternate accounts for, right? Nobody's ever misbehaved on their main account ever, right?

You're going to want to dismount this particular high horse, before it makes you make up one too many patently false arguments.

Fact: each PS console needs 1 account paying for PS+.
Fact: someone said 7 accounts can be on the console.
Fact: each console can have 6 "alt" accounts, whether they are kids or the voices in one person's head.
Fact: Polyphony Digital doesn't charge a seperate fee to go online in GT Sport.
Fact: people will use their alt accounts for whatever reason they choose. Whether trying to have a clean account just for FIA racing or an account for driving dirty, PD & Sony don't care. Actually, they might care if someone is using more than one of their accounts to qualify for the FIA series in multiple regions. But the burden is on them to prove someone is doing it.

So what’s the consensus on the fastest way to acquire a few cars to do the daylies when you open up an alt. How much (if any) of the licenses do you have to do? I know signing a manufacture contract nets you 2 cars right away.

By the way if you didn’t know I have a D rating which means noting in a race when you are passing other drivers who have learned their ABC’s . There will always be drivers faster then me , all I am looking for is the real ones I beat.
They are all real drivers so long as they are not pausing the game and letting auto drive take over 👍.

I have searched for a PSN called @Junkman55 playing Gran Turismo but can't find one. Which raises the question. Who are you? Are you real? Are you auto drive?

So what’s the consensus on the fastest way to acquire a few cars to do the daylies when you open up an alt. How much (if any) of the licenses do you have to do? I know signing a manufacture contract nets you 2 cars right away.

Driving school, circuit experience, mission challenges. If you have the Lewis Hamilton DLC, you can get the credits that way

If I need some quick I do circuit, 1 track all gold gets you maybe 200K+ and a car (probably not one you want) most are easy so 10 mins most. I needed 500K to get a SF the other day and it took 20 mins.

They are all real drivers so long as they are not pausing the game and letting auto drive take over 👍.

I have searched for a PSN called @Junkman55 playing Gran Turismo but can't find one. Which raises the question. Who are you? Are you real? Are you auto drive?
I am real , my name has been the same for 7yrs on the PS4 and the PS4 pro and when I find a PS5 in the future. The funny thing is you are looking for ME did I hurt your feeling in a race or is it this topic of my posts
When I race the daily’s the B and C my cars are marked with my driver name and with a 55 . The A race GTS picks the car and paint options but my diver name is the same. I do not drive FIA that is for drivers better then me , but they do have a rule no multiple accounts and names . What dose that tell you?
upload_2021-2-15_9-45-48.jpeg

I do not drive FIA that is for drivers better then me , but they do have a rule no multiple accounts and names . What dose that tell you?
It tells us that they don't want people having multiple entries in a competition, which is quite normal behaviour. Yet there is no rule for dailies so what does that tell you? Here I'll spell it out THEY ARE FINE WITH PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME AS THEY SEE FIT.
You still don't get it, but then you don't do FIA. If I were to use my main account this week I have 3 choices.
1. Don't do dailies
2. Hope next week is better and I can repair my ratings
3. Forget about playing FIA, because entering as a B or C rated driver won't test me at all, not saying I'll win but I won't have the competition that I'll get in B.
Really your complaining about alts, but your really seeing the main accounts as it's what people use for their dalies and you'll never see their alts cos they save them for FIA which you don't do.

I am real , my name has been the same for 7yrs on the PS4 and the PS4 pro and when I find a PS5 in the future. The funny thing is you are looking for ME did I hurt your feeling in a race or is it this topic of my posts
When I race the daily’s the B and C my cars are marked with my driver name and with a 55 . The A race GTS picks the car and paint options but my diver name is the same. I do not drive FIA that is for drivers better then me , but they do have a rule no multiple accounts and names . What dose that tell you?
View attachment 991745
If you have been racing for seven years and enjoy it you really should try FIA. Who knows, you might end up loving it.
But be careful, you might need an alt account after a season or two....

Last edited:
View attachment 991745
We may disagree an a lot about the alt account but I would like to say that is a nice setup if it is yours.👍
A bit jealous as I'm still sitting on a kitchen chair with a DS4

Last edited:
We may disagree an a lot about the alt account but I would like to say that is a nice setup if it is yours.👍
Yes , the rig was months of saving and great sale prices . I was Coming off Drive Club and looking to GTS and 4K experience in online racing on a PS4 Pro. I wasn’t disappointed.
This was my first rig spent many hour doing DriveClube
upload_2021-2-15_19-51-48.jpeg

Like I advised before, try the couch. That's what I did on the DS4 & still do on the wheel. As for @RacingGrandpa's suggestion that you might need an alt account if you go into FIA races, it's pretty sound advice. If you have to grind at daily races to improve your DR/SR, it is inevitable that you will run into a room full of non-FIA drivers who are skilled at working the penalty system in order to knock you down while not knocking themselves down. There are also badly skilled drivers doing FIA, but nowhere near as many as those who just drive in daily races.

Thank you for the advice on FIA for down the road it may be a option. Right now it’s short tracks 15min of intense competition with better drivers then me . Driving with different talents the more of them the more I like it . At this time short tracks are my favorites and Big Willow is my test track , it will not forgive the less talented driver. My time trials is my practice when I am within 4 seconds to the top ten , I feel that I am ready for competition in any race. . My line up is mostly in the last 1/3 of drivers, after 2 hours I can drive against 50 drivers and finishing in the top Five is my win for me in each race. This type of racing a first place will be few if any. I have race against more Good drivers then Bad . Their names and ability can tell me how good my race day is. Alt-accounts make that impossible.
All online racing needs simple rules for participation no Alt-accounts is the best start in my opinion.

All online racing needs simple rules for participation no Alt-accounts is the best start in my opinion.
I think that's way down the list. Way, way down. After a functional penalty system and the most important part is drivers that will drive according to the rules (that are still not there).
Something better than two stupid videos that tells you to not look bad.....
Proper licens and stuff like that is far more important that alt account that makes absolutely no difference in race.

Thank you for the advice on FIA for down the road it may be a option. Right now it’s short tracks 15min of intense competition with better drivers then me . Driving with different talents the more of them the more I like it . At this time short tracks are my favorites and Big Willow is my test track , it will not forgive the less talented driver. My time trials is my practice when I am within 4 seconds to the top ten , I feel that I am ready for competition in any race. . My line up is mostly in the last 1/3 of drivers, after 2 hours I can drive against 50 drivers and finishing in the top Five is my win for me in each race. This type of racing a first place will be few if any. I have race against more Good drivers then Bad . Their names and ability can tell me how good my race day is. Alt-accounts make that impossible.
I get that you want to drive against people that challenge you, but the fact is, you have no idea what may be an "alt" account or a "main" account for anyone. My main account took a big hit, DR wise, in the last 2 weeks...down to 20k from a high of 42 or 43. This week I ran my "alt" account at Suzuka because it could be bad for SR, putting me in rooms full of bashers. I raced one race (SR99 room), got punted in T1 (4 second penalty for me) and tried to make up spots all race. I raced clean, got to 12th at the end, collected a total of maybe 10-12 seconds of penalties, and went down to 39SR and lost maybe 500 DR. I had B drivers brake check me before Degner 1, and AFTER Spoon, and I got penalties.

I always try to drive clean, alt or not. I always give it my best, alt or not. The only thing I do differently on my Alt is start from the back (No Q). This week at Suzuka, I accidentaly put in a Q time, so I tried for my best lap, pre race, and raced from where I was gridded. I ended up at a 38.5, which is .4 quicker than what I had on my main, and I still ended up gridded 17th and 18 a couple times. For the record, I got 1 win (from 4th) and a couple of 4th and 5th places (one from the back) a couple 6,7 and a bunch 10-14. One I was last after 2 punts, but ahead of the 6-7 guys who quit.
I don't know anyone who doesn't race hard on their alt, or goes in to race dirty, though many will retaliate if pushed.

@Junkman55 I am asking for clarification here. When you are out-raced, perhaps by a large margin, by someone who is DR D, is that when you feel cheated by someone who is apparently a higher skilled driver under cover?

I just outraced a famous driver who is popular on YouTube. We were both on an alt account. I didn't drive any differently & neither did he. I was fully expecting to get the yips & make a foolish mistake in front of him.

@Junkman55 I am asking for clarification here. When you are out-raced, perhaps by a large margin, by someone who is DR D, is that when you feel cheated by someone who is apparently a higher skilled driver under cover?
I am a D rated driver a real D rated passing me why would I feel Cheated. I do not race on line with drivers around the world trying to save a A rating . Let get real why do you think that the alt-account makes you a better diver is it the easy pass in the daily’s or are you having a difficult time passing a D rated driver saving your A rating..

I am a D rated driver a real D rated passing me why would I feel Cheated. I do not race on line with drivers around the world trying to save a A rating . Let get real why do you think that the alt-account makes you a better diver is it the easy pass in the daily’s or are you having a difficult time passing a D rated driver saving your A rating..

Whew, somebody's getting defensive. Most of us here are over D rating on all of our accounts. And nobody is trying to make anyone else feel like they don't have talent just because of their rating. If we look at the title & initial question (why an alt account), you've read practically every reason conceivable. The moral of the story is don't be unhappy about who outraces you, focus on getting better at the game. You becoming a better driver will allow you to enjoy the game more.

I just outraced a famous driver who is popular on YouTube. We were both on an alt account. I didn't drive any differently & neither did he. I was fully expecting to get the yips & make a foolish mistake in front of him.
Good for you ! If it who I think it is well done! Why are you telling us he was driving under a alt-account if you actually outraced him . You are the winner be proud , you caught him picking his nose beating him fair and square.

Good for you ! If it who I think it is well done! Why are you telling us he was driving under a alt-account if you actually outraced him . You are the winner be proud , you caught him picking his nose beating him fair and square.

I said he was on his alt because I wasn't sure if you watched his videos. Many of us do & are aware of his alts. We are just trying to get it across that a player on their first or 15th account will still appear in various rooms & will drive. If the person is faster than another driver, that is irrelevant. Each player is responsible for learning the game & enjoying it. As I said, once you get more time with the game & practice with different cars & tracks, you'll be focused on your own ratings & improving them. The other plebs are responsible for themselves.

I said he was on his alt because I wasn't sure if you watched his videos. Many of us do & are aware of his alts. We are just trying to get it across that a player on their first or 15th account will still appear in various rooms & will drive. If the person is faster than another driver, that is irrelevant. Each player is responsible for learning the game & enjoying it. As I said, once you get more time with the game & practice with different cars & tracks, you'll be focused on your own ratings & improving them. The other plebs are responsible for themselves.
So who did you out race ? If you are not sure because he was using alternate account then I can understand.

There is no need to get defensive, I was really just curious as to if that was the deal.
If someone marked as a D driver is a lot faster there are at least thre options.
One, it is indeed an alt account, that are just started and a working as fast as possible to get the account higher to reflect true speed.
Two, it's a main or alt account that has been reset by PD's appalling penalty system and are trying to get his account back up to a letter that reflects his true speed.
Three, it's someone starting over but with a lot of sim-racing experience,trying to get his account up to a letter that reflects his true speed.

But if it's someone you come across on a regular basis the most plausible explanation is that it's someone that resets his main account on purpose to get easy wins. We call that seal clubbing, a name that reflects what we think of this practice.
If an alt-account is in DR D, it's trying to get out.

Last edited:
Back