Am I missing the point about GT7?

• Thread starter shenfrey
  • 85 comments
I also enjoy doing custom races. It's a shame they pay next to nothing, so using my imagination to have fun with custom races is actually not sustainable!

"Use your imagination" is not an argument when using your imagination is directly discouraged by the game itself.

Besides, why is it suddenly on me to come up with fun things to do in a video game? The developers couldn't use their imaginations to provide the player with stuff to do? That's literally their job!

Edit: I decided to go look at how much a 4 hour race on Trial Mountain pays.

With no other settings changed, it pays 64,837 Cr. That's 277.6 of these races to buy a single 18M Cr. car, or 1,110.4 hours. 46.3 days of repeating this race nonstop.
View attachment 1132116

The absolute most you can get out of it, by starting at the back of a Gr.1 race with Professional AI, is 279,352 Cr. That's 64.4 of these races to buy a single 18M Cr. car, or 257.7 hours. 10.7 days of repeating this race nonstop.
View attachment 1132117

This isn't okay.
I hate the MTX as well, and I don't like the low pay outs for the custom races, so much I can agree...

But I don't let that ruin the fun I can have with the game and especially with the custom races...luckilly I don't care about all that 15mio and more cars because I generally don't really care about super- and hypercars and so far there was only one car worth more than a million that I cared about at Haggertys, the 300 SL...and that cost me two hours of racing the GT Worldchampionship(and a little bit more), which is actually a great championship where you can race on some of the most iconic race tracks in the game(and the payout is pretty good too)-that's not so bad

Some things need to be critisiced, but if one permantly just critisizes and complains and whines about, that would be just too much negativity in my life-and i don't want and don't need that much negative vibes in my life...

All the people suggesting them as a serious or viable alternative to curated races provided by the game developer are being asinine.
Can you simply state your opinion without insulting other people who have another opinion than you...?

Or do you have insult people with other opinions to boost your ego ?

Some things need to be critisiced, but if one permantly just critisizes and complains and whines about, that would be just too much negativity in my life-and i don't want and don't need that much negative vibes in my life...
My only suggestion then is to avoid this forum for the next 2 months, for your own health's sake. As the fans of this game will still be rightly outraged and mad at Kaz well into the month of May...

I'm stucked in grind too. I have got 12m. for last 3,5 days, and I'm not feel happy. I won't buy McLaren F1 1994, cos it doesn't cost my 5 days of grind. I think I will buy Ferrari 330p4 (it will be 20m. like in Sport I think) and it will be the end of big grinding. I don't need all these 18-18.5m. cars. It's so boring to grind. But I can't stop, I need to get 20m. cr. I hate this grind system!
I would like gr1, gr2 events with 200.000-300.000 cr.
It was a big mistake to start the game w/o enough events. I'm sure there will be 150-200 new events during 1-2 years, but I don't understand why there are not gr1 tracks right now. This game looks like not finished right now

Last edited:
Or simply set the those who just whine about without constructive criticism and insult poeple with other opinions on the ignore list...
I mean that would work too, but there's a lot more where that came from lol, If I were you I'd skip that and find another hobby for 2 months LOL

Last edited:
If you believe someone is insulting people, use the Report function before you use the Ignore function.
"All the people suggesting them as a serious or viable alternative to curated races provided by the game developer are being asinine."

I would consider that as an general insult to all people that prefer custom races over curated races, but not big enough of an insult to use the Report function...

I also enjoy doing custom races. It's a shame they pay next to nothing, so using my imagination to have fun with custom races is actually not sustainable!

"Use your imagination" is not an argument when using your imagination is directly discouraged by the game itself.

Besides, why is it suddenly on me to come up with fun things to do in a video game? The developers couldn't use their imaginations to provide the player with stuff to do? That's literally their job!

Edit: I decided to go look at how much a 4 hour race on Trial Mountain pays.

With no other settings changed, it pays 64,837 Cr. That's 277.6 of these races to buy a single 18M Cr. car, or 1,110.4 hours. 46.3 days of repeating this race nonstop.
View attachment 1132116

The absolute most you can get out of it, by starting at the back of a Gr.1 race with Professional AI, is 279,352 Cr. That's 64.4 of these races to buy a single 18M Cr. car, or 257.7 hours. 10.7 days of repeating this race nonstop.
View attachment 1132117

This isn't okay.

Adding to my ignore list.
You keep making the false equivalancy that the economy is content . We both agree the economy sucks but considering this game gives you just over a fourth of all the games car's for free if you do all it has to give you and you earn enough credits in the process to buy around 40 more cars that arent legendary you are really stretching it by trying to convince me that Just because I can't afford the crappy old 20 million dollar cars I'm somehow missing out on the bulk of the games content .
The economy gate keeps content but is not a valid argument to the lack of content.
Again you lack imagination , please ever take up art, You will find yourself a few hundred dollars poorer asking why on hell you ever decided to paint when I end up with nothing.
By your own logic if this game had 1000 races that paid 100 credits , the game has no content because " why do them , they don't pay"

Also by your logic , free roaming in GTA / RDR2 is not content , why did rockstar not make a linear game, why should I have to explore the map and find things to do outside of what rockstar has instructed me to do! Oh , the game even discourages me from doing certain things because I gain a bounty which cost thousands of dollars and there is no way to recoup the cost . Still Didn't stop me from murdering lonley cowboys now did it, I should give RDR2 a 5/10 because the bulk of gameplay doesn't pay out , and the main story is only about 20 hours , the nerve of these devs forcing me to use a sandbox like a sandbox.

I just want to point out things the serise has featured since Granturismo 1 that is not rewarded or instructed to do by the game .

Time Trials
2 Player battle.
Machine Test ( it was even paid DLC!)
Online cruising
Photo mode
Livery editor
customization ( cost credits) .

Things historiclay poorly rewarded but beloved and to many where the bulk of gameplay is spent.

Arcade mode ( no credit rewards in GT1-3 , just unlcoked a limited amount of cars + tracks)
Drift mode
Sport mode
Online modes
Custom race (arcade mode is just a quick version of this in GT sport and 7 )

Oh let's not forget the fact GT 1-3 limmited your garage to 100 car's so you couldn't even collect the whole library.

Last edited:
I log on, having completed the GT Cafe (Which felt really short) and the world circuit, I am stuck now repeating the same races over and over. I find this really frustrating, but I don't see many people really being up in arms about this, which makes me think this is what GT is all about? I felt the career mode in GT5, 6 and even sport, took me a lot longer to finish and kept me playing for longer. Right now I just spend most of my time, browsing all the races in world circuit, figuring out which one I can be bothered to do because I have already completed them all.

Am I just missing the point of a GT game?

special missions and license tests, aside.
Sandbox the racing game. Did you complete all the Championships, and when you did, were you cheesing the races or did you race with a proper balanced car. Since there is 10 championships with 28 races and 60+ stand alone races there is a wealth of ways to play the single player game. And this is before you start messing around with the custom races.

PD will add more races etc but the fundamental game loop is to drive cars in such a manner you cross the line before the other cars.

I have only got the game last night(since my PS5 is less than a week old), finished the first menu page and I'm planning to take things slowly...Based on what I read here the career mode is rather short, I would wait for future updates to arrive and then I will start my grind there.

I'm currently seeing how low I can go in PP and still win a race or championship. Its fun. GT is about more than just what's given to you on a plate.

Use your imagination. Time trial different super cars.. Build up a leader board. Do the same with Japanese cars. Then try tuned versus untuned. How much time do you gain? Do custom races against your own cars with sweet liveries. Take some photos.

Saying GT is over because you have done the cafe is just weak.
All good suggestions,the main issue with time trial is you can only chase the actual times.If PD would make it so you can race against a ghost of your fast lap that would be ace.You can do it in F7 and in Ride 4.Ive spent ages chasing the same ghost around a track in Ride 4 trying to beat him,gaining here and losing there.

Last edited:
Ok, I would call myself a GT veteran, since I started with 1 and had all except 5/6 up to now. I find many different things to keep me interested and occupied while we await the new content like testing and tuning my favorites for reaching online lobbies, trying to gold the circuits, trying to gold the missions (really having fun with the fuel mismanagement one with the truck) I have not missed the point of GT7 I just believe that it's different for everyone, my points are mine and different from your ideas but they are not wrong, just different.
Enjoy the drive, go watch the UFO snatch cows in Australia, run the Daytona banking in the little Fiat, try the WTC800 @ Fuji without stopping for gas or tyres (it can be done), most of all HAVE FUN when doing it.

Your point is you spent the full price already and bought the game to enjoy it, so regardless of the negatives you still want to get your money's worth of joy out of a game that should've lived upto the hype. You want an escape and are going to treat GT7 as your escape even if you find things that are wrong with it. My point is, there are things wrong with it and the driving physics is hilariously one of them, so expecting everyone else to enjoy it just like you, is foolish nonsense.
Expecting? I was suggesting. If someone doesn't want to play the game that's perfectly fine by me, I was giving my justification for getting at least some enjoyment out of it. Whatever, I'll keep being "foolish". Ignorance is bliss as they say ;)

I spent 3 days with gamepad and without game sound just grinding. I lost the feel of car, and when I returned to the wheel and used my headphones again it was a feeling like I didn't play the game for several days when I grined.
Grind is bad, it makes you lost the feeling of the pleasure.

The game is still really cool. Grind it the worst thing there. It's nonsense and ridiculous. It's great that rally events aren't the best grinding anymore, cos it ruin the game feeling. Even Dirt 2007 is much better physics then GT& rally physics.

I spent 4 hours doing custom races on trail mountain .. You folks really do need an imagination , You are unable to free roam in open world games , unable to set up lobies in call of duty, unable to use forge in halo . Oh and all have preety debilitating FOMO , God help you and spare you from collecting any form of collectable or you would cry a river you have fo pay a scalper tenfolds because you might miss out of that hotwheels supra which mattel may never release again, those Bastards!
There was not a years worth of game IN GT sport , I completed the missions in 3 days and The entire GT mode can be done in a few hours minus the copy paste endurances which can be made in the custom race menu of gt sport and were not worth waiting for.
Maybe if GT7 was the only racing game available, would i do custom races

I log on, having completed the GT Cafe (Which felt really short) and the world circuit, I am stuck now repeating the same races over and over. I find this really frustrating, but I don't see many people really being up in arms about this, which makes me think this is what GT is all about? I felt the career mode in GT5, 6 and even sport, took me a lot longer to finish and kept me playing for longer. Right now I just spend most of my time, browsing all the races in world circuit, figuring out which one I can be bothered to do because I have already completed them all.

Am I just missing the point of a GT game?

special missions and license tests, aside.
GTs best feature as far as replayability goes is the Sport Mode & it's online.

I played the old GTs from GT2 onwards, & while I sunk so many hours into GT4...no game had the replayability that GT Sport had...& That's with a bare bones, pretty poor single player.

The whole single player car rpg thing with GT7 & the franchise, imo is a tired formula that doesn't work anymore.

It can be fun for a little bit but pretty quickly becomes stale. The real fun in GT 7 is playing it a few times a week & going into Lobby races & doing some random racing with full lobbies, & entering sport mode when there's really fun combos like Gr1 @ Sarthe, or almost any group at Monza... & Of course, doing the FIA seasons.

Maybe if GT7 was the only racing game available, would i do custom races
Free roaming in forza horizon isn't content though, No one In Turn 10 is instructing you to free roam or giving yiur in game credits to do so.. /s

I spent 4 hours doing custom races on trail mountain .. You folks really do need an imagination , You are unable to free roam in open world games , unable to set up lobies in call of duty, unable to use forge in halo . Oh and all have preety debilitating FOMO , God help you and spare you from collecting any form of collectable or you would cry a river you have fo pay a scalper tenfolds because you might miss out of that hotwheels supra which mattel may never release again, those Bastards!
There was not a years worth of game IN GT sport , I completed the missions in 3 days and The entire GT mode can be done in a few hours minus the copy paste endurances which can be made in the custom race menu of gt sport and were not worth waiting for.
GT Sport is not the yardstick. GTS had single player content patched in once they realised people didn't want online, but it was still always meant to be an online focused multiplayer game. That being said, GTS single player by the end would still last 50-70 hours.

No, the yardstick is the old numbered games and every single one of those had more content, GT4 being the most with 200+ hours of original content before you had to start coming up with your own ideas.

So no, we don't just need an imagination. We need PD to deliver content that at the very least matches the game they released 18 years ago.

Despite claims to the contrary, most people do not want a game that lasts years. They want a game that has enough original content to last them 100-250 hours which covers the entire spectrum of vehicles in the game, not 10-30 hours which skips a large chunk of car groups as GT7 currently offers.

Nothing wrong with creating your own fun, but there should be sufficient curated content to go along with that. An open world game that was solely free roam with no, or very few, missions wouldn't go down well.

Last edited:
I'd play online if there was any point to it, DR and SR ultimately mean nothing, what benefit is there to improving it? Online rewards are woeful, there is nothing else to 'win' bar a tiny amount of Cr.

At least Forza has a number of weekly events where you can win exclusive cars or other content.

Free roaming in forza horizon isn't content though, No one In Turn 10 is instructing you to free roam or giving yiur in game credits to do so.. /s
:D yeah, you can literally drive around mindlessly and pick up credits or points in fh

as much as gt7 is lacking in content, the people here a lacking something when they say "just play custom races and set your own rules" as if it's our job as the consumer to create content for a game lmao
Different people, different opinions...welcome to life!

For me, the ability to free roam and the ability to create my own content is the man reason if I play a game longterm or if I just play it for 20 hours and then never look at it again...
I decided to buy GT7 when I got the information, that you are able to do custom races with the cars in my garage-without that feature I would not have bought it on release but have waited two years until you get fpr half the price

Back