Am I the fastest racer in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that jumping into motorsport is costly and requires good connections.

But reality is even with the rank 1 on the Leaderboard of a racing game, it will not very much translate into real world. It simply means thay you know the basics of racing. But further than that you still needs training.

AFAIK only Gran Turismo does this virtual to real thing but keep in mind that those 10th or so racer they've selected have been curated from hundreds of candidates in the training camp and out of them are from the millions in game.

Also stop calling yourself unique. No you're not.

I'll bite.

Gran Turismo 4 - Amuse S2000 R1 '04 - Sports Mediums - Arcade Mode - no performance adjustment.

Let me know what time you get @TheRealRacer 👍

Hate to break the news to you

Hate to break the new to you, but all racing is dangerous. If you can't stomach karting you'll fail when it comes to the actually fast cars.

What you seemed to have misunderstood, is that going fast in a video game requires zero guts (for lack of a better word). Racing IRL or even driving quickly requires you to be comfortable with being on the edge of your own and the car/karts ability. From what you've said you are incapable and/or unwilling to do this. So the only conclusion anyone can draw is that you're probably decent at video game time trails and that's it.

Sorry kid.

Am I the fastest racer in the world?
No.

TheRealRacer
(Age: 28)
And even if you were, it's too late to start now.

Also, please cut out the double and triple posts. Use the dit button, or the +quote feature, to make sure you don't make more double posts.

Since you're in the US and 28, I'm guessing you have a car and a license.

So here's what you do. Join your local SCCA chapter and get involved. Chances are they have an autocross or rallycross somewhere within a 100 miles of where you live. Sign up for one and drive your own car, all you need is something that's not completely falling apart and a helmet.

It'll cost you maybe $100 for a Saturday of racing. It's also fun and if you truly are the fastest you'll easily walk the competition. Continue to win event after every and you'll eventually be able to make a run at Nationals in your class. Win that and you will get sponsorships to make future racing easier.

As for what car you need, it can be anything. My buddies and I built a Dodge Neon for rallycross for less than $2,000. However, I could've used any one of my cars and still competed just fine.

If you are bragging about potentially being the fastest racer in the world, you probably aren't.

If you really are the best, you would have more than enough evidence to convince us, and you don't have to have a massive ego.

@TheRealRacer Am I right that when you say 'I am in poverty' you mean that you can't get backing or have enough money to go racing IRL? Because (and forgive me if I'm wrong) someone who has rFactor2 plus a PC powerful enough to run it (and presumably a wheel and pedals set up) a Playstation to run GT4 and a fast internet connection to run online (plus downloading from Steam), doesn't sound like they're using the food bank every week. :odd:

I'm the fastest and it is very lonely at the top.

That being said and in all seriousness, I'm not the fastest sim racer and I probably suck at real life racing. What I am good at in real life is defensive car control.

I stand by my point. Just because you're fast in a video game doesn't make you a racecar driver. Believe me, I know.
I agree. But there are always exceptions.

The other way around is also true. Real race car drivers are not always good at racing in games. :D

Granted, if you're looking at getting into racing for relatively cheap there are series for that. Look into Chump Car of 24 Hours Of Lemons, both cost effective series that offer huge mileage for your money! :sly:

I'm so ****ing fast on dirt 4 that Ott Tänak calls me before every rally weekend so I can peruse his notes and setup before shakedown. Gazoo Racing would be nothing without me and I am a personal friend of Tommi Makkinen because he has seen me drive the Panzerplatte Special Stage on WrC7 and knows I am the real deal.

I would be driving the Yaris, but it is far too easy for me and the team and I decided it would be unfair since I always leave Ogier, Neuville and Tanak in my dust on the sims and it's only fair they get a career as I make enough money driving road cars around the 'ring in GTS and feeding data to manufacturers because it's actually more useful to them than risking a real car to get data I can easily provide.

The modern WRC cars are just too easy to drive to interest me, if the FIA would let me I would compete in a Lancia Delta S4, but they won't allow me to smoke cigarettes in the service area so I'm not really interested.

Anybody questioning my credentials is welcome to come to my local road and touge battle with me. My mastery of the 2015 Toyota Yaris is such that you will be embarrassed even in a high performance race car, simply due to the fact that you are slower than me around Rainbow Road in MarioKart Wii

3 seconds faster than the WR around Tsukuba? Yeah, something is wrong there. If you were talking about 0.3sec or 0.03 it would be more credible. 3 seconds, not in a million years.

@TheRealRacer Am I right that when you say 'I am in poverty' you mean that you can't get backing or have enough money to go racing IRL? Because (and forgive me if I'm wrong) someone who has rFactor2 plus a PC powerful enough to run it (and presumably a wheel and pedals set up) a Playstation to run GT4 and a fast internet connection to run online (plus downloading from Steam), doesn't sound like they're using the food bank every week. :odd:

That may be why he's in poverty.

I understand that jumping into motorsport is costly and requires good connections.

But reality is even with the rank 1 on the Leaderboard of a racing game, it will not very much translate into real world. It simply means thay you know the basics of racing. But further than that you still needs training.

AFAIK only Gran Turismo does this virtual to real thing but keep in mind that those 10th or so racer they've selected have been curated from hundreds of candidates in the training camp and out of them are from the millions in game.

Also stop calling yourself unique. No you're not.
I am love. My political views, personality, etc. are very unique.

I appreciate the Japanese attempt to connect games to reality and give real world rewards for in game performances. But judging from reviews, GTSport is simply not realistic, and much harder to drive than real life. Generally speaking, the more unrealistic a sim is, the more difficult the car will be to control. Even if a sim was 100% realistic, it would still be harder to drive than real life, real life has g-forces and vibrations, and bigger graphics, to allow a much easier drive.

The cheapest race car I can find is a Miata, those are about 2000 dollars. Then 300 dollars or more for me to get my license, then 300 or more dollars for insurance. Then it costs 500 dollars just to race at a track, 200 dollars just for 3 laps. If you know of something cheaper, please let me know ^_^

A good gaming pc costs anywhere from 600-1000 dollars, not even close. I got my PS2 for like 30 bucks tbh. Anyone who has less than 15k income is living in poverty imo. At least I am not 200k in debt living in loans like most Americans though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheapest race car I can find is a Miata, those are about 2000 dollars. Then 300 dollars or more for me to get my license, then 300 or more dollars for insurance. Then it costs 500 dollars just to race at a track, 200 dollars just for 3 laps. If you know of something cheaper, please let me know ^_^

A good gaming pc costs anywhere from 600-1000 dollars, not even close.
Wait,
You don't even have a driver's license? Yeah, good troll job then.

Wait,
You don't even have a driver's license? Yeah, good troll job then.

You're the one who is a troll. You enjoy toxic shows like Seinfield. You like to drag people down. I used to have a driver's license, and whether or not I do is irrelevant. Practically anyone can learn to drive, having a drivers license is not special, its irrelevant to anything. Do I also need a PhD in mechanics before I have enough street cred for you?

3 seconds faster than the WR around Tsukuba? Yeah, something is wrong there. If you were talking about 0.3sec or 0.03 it would be more credible. 3 seconds, not in a million years.

I don't think GT4 is the pinnacle of realism. That is why I bought RFactor2, but it doesn't seem to be saving my lap times properly. I will have to figure out what to do. The Tsukba lap was played on GT4.

I appreciate the Japanese attempt to connect games to reality and give real world rewards for in game performances. But judging from reviews, GTSport is simply not realistic, and much harder to drive than real life.

I personally find GT Sports physics quite easy to handle and slightly forgiving.

Generally speaking, the more unrealistic a sim is, the more difficult the car will be to control. Even if a sim was 100% realistic, it would still be harder to drive than real life, real life has g-forces and vibrations, and bigger graphics, to allow a much easier drive.

So your are saying GT Sport is quite realistic?

I personally find GT Sports physics quite easy to handle and slightly forgiving.

So your are saying GT Sport is quite realistic?
I have done extensive research, to find out which sim I ought to buy, for the most realistic lap times. I am in poverty so I can't afford to buy every sim, so I did research. The consensus is overwhelming that RFactor2 and iRacing are the most realastic sims, and that Forza and GTS are not realistic. I have watched detailed videos showcasing the numerous handling flaws of GTS.

I was being facetious. I'm not the fastest in the world and neither are you

I tried to buy Demolition Derby 2, but the company website does not exist and can't buy it. It is officially abandonware so I downloaded the file. I won my first race, as was to be expected. For some reason the online won't even open in the menu, and I constantly have to retype my name, and it won't recognize joystick input at all. So I did a championship, on my second race a bunghole decided to bump me and ruin my race, it handles like nascar. It wouldn't let me race time trials on the track you mentioned, it said I had to reach level 3 first, and didn't specify how reach level 3. Something is cute and wholesome about the graphics, I prefer these Windows 95 graphics to these modern games. Did you know it costs 200k or more just to render one scene of these modern games? I like the cutesy older style graphics. But there was just too many laps and I got bored, each race was 5-10 laps and it just started to feel like a grind.

I have done extensive research, to find out which sim I ought to buy, for the most realistic lap times. I am in poverty so I can't afford to buy every sim, so I did research. The consensus is overwhelming that RFactor2 and iRacing are the most realastic sims, and that Forza and GTS are not realistic. I have watched detailed videos showcasing the numerous handling flaws of GTS.

I agree with the fact that Forza and GT aren't entirely realistic but considered and entry level sim.

I was pointing out a slight confusion with your argument of how Unrealistic=Harder.

Same.

Message sent from iPhone X
Are you able to get into RL racing?

I agree with the fact that Forza and GT aren't entirely realistic but considered and entry level sim.

I was pointing out a slight confusion with your argument of how Unrealistic=Harder.
I find RFactor2 much easier to drive than Forza 6 or 7. Many of the complaints about GTS are that the handling is much harder to drive than RL, although I haven't played it so I don't know for sure.

One of the creators of GT4 stated that the best model for racing is real life, that when you diverge oftentimes the drive is just not as enjoyable. Although I do love pure-arcade racers such as mario kart and daytona, when they try to mix it, like Forza does, it starts to become weird.

I agree. But there are always exceptions.

The other way around is also true. Real race car drivers are not always good at racing in games. :D

Haha, funnily enough, I was never great in sims. Was pretty damn quick in real cars though.

Haha, funnily enough, I was never great in sims. Was pretty damn quick in real cars though.
That is because most sims are not realistic, nor do they provide Gforce sensations. What is your performance on RFactor2?

The opposite needs to happen. We, as a society, need to get enthused about racing. I want to see a society that has full lobbies on all race games online. Nascar is dying, this new generation are tired of the repetitive oval loops.

What we need is Kart Racing on TV. I stated earlier than Kart racing is dangerous, with explosions. That will bring back the excitement and what people want to see. It is more human, you can see the actual person driving the kart. There is not enough yaw in racing, people get bored of on rails racing.

That is because most sims are not realistic, nor do they provide Gforce sensations. What is your performance on RFactor2?
Never played it, probably never will unless in a professional environment.

What I'm trying to prove is that there is rarely ever a correlation between speed in sims and speed in real life. Hell, maybe you are the exception. But what are you doing talking to us then? Go out, find sponsors, find some guy who doesn't think a background in sim racing is a waste of time (believe me that's the hardest part) and prove that you're good. Until then you're just a bunch of words on a screen.

A good gaming pc costs anywhere from 600-1000 dollars, not even close. I got my PS2 for like 30 bucks tbh. Anyone who has less than 15k income is living in poverty imo. At least I am not 200k in debt living in loans like most Americans though.

Track days are way cheaper than $500.

Also, as I said, autocross is really reasonable in terms of price if you can't afford to go to the track. Some of the best amateur racers in the US are in SCCA Solo and you'd certainly have your work cut out for you.

he opposite needs to happen. We, as a society, need to get enthused about racing.

I think society has more pressing issues than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back