Am I the only one ? who want low payout.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Davoxx
  • 85 comments
  • 4,623 views
Messages
618
United Kingdom
London
Messages
Davox LDN
Hi GtPlanet,


Am I the only one who think that the payout is too high ?


Let me explain, what I would like and why it will be better IMO.

What will be different:

-Low payout
-Pay every single tire you use.
-Pay damages that you did yourself on your car and others cars.
-You will get the 200% bonus only on lobby and races set on damage "on".
-Of course able to purchase virtual money with real one as you can already do in the game for people who don't have the time of the patience to play.

Why it will be better IMO:

-Because of a low payout cars will become more exceptional rare and unic, you will be focus on your main cars and upgrade them slowly in order to know better your car and feel a lot more accomplish when it will be fully and well tune.
-As well because of a low payout people will set there lobby with damage "on" in order to get the 200% bonus, because of the damage "on" people will take care to don't hit others cars and so pay their damages or crash.
Because of this the level will a lot improve and people will drive more realistically.

Recap:

-Cars will become a lot more exceptional and rare.
-The general Level/skills will improve.


I understand that some people might disagree with it, I just want to talk about it's not a real suggestion but more a thought.

What is your opinion ? Am I the only one ?

Cheers :gtpflag:.
 
Last edited:
Usually the answer to "Am I the only one" is unanimously "No"

However, I would hope for this it would be "Yes". Why on earth would you want to incorporate the worst parts of real world racing into a fantasy world where you don't need to worry about upkeep costs and grinding away for years to afford a new car.
 
Just a thought, how about putting the subject of your discussion in the title of the thread?
Are you the only one that gives threads obnoxiously vague titles? Nope.
 
-Pay damages that you did yourself on your car and others cars.

This could be a problem. The way the game determines who is at fault is not perfect, and trolls will still be trolls
abusing the system.

In some track days, you either sign a waiver to split the damage cost regardless of being the culprit or victim, or sign up on a one day insurance.

This is one of the reasons pros need sponsors.

So yes, you are the only one. Unless we could have sponsors in game, gifting in game credits to drivers, according to accurate driver statistics showing the frequency of a clean race and rage quit disconnect, then you are the only one.

And at this point we are asking too much. Community and league features should be enough for clean racing.
 
I would like the payouts to be higher because I enjoy racing the high value older cars and I struggle to pay for them and find it ridiculous that I have to spend a couple of hours doing the Red Bull Standard races, from time to time when I need a new car, because the payouts are so low. Payouts for online racing are ridiculously low in comparison with seasonals for instance. If I had a choice I would only race online, because I don't enjoy the seasonals or racing the AI.

I would like to see the career mode penalise aggressive driving - if you bash other cars your percentage could come down and be displayed on the screen - eventually it could come down to zero if you repeatedly crash the AI during a race. It would go back up for the next race. This would get people used to overtaking cleanly so that when they switch to online racing they are already used to good driving standards.
 
How about going a full 180?

We should have to pay starting fees and track costs when testing and track maintenance fees and license fees and fuel costs and laundry bills for washing your suits and food costs for when your driver is hungry and garage rent fees and most importantly monthly salary payouts to your three yellow-shirted mechanics who works hard for you 24/7.

They never even get to meet their families. You should be given the option to hand them hefty Christmas bonuses and other holiday bonuses.
 
How about going a full 180?

We should have to pay starting fees and track costs when testing and track maintenance fees and license fees and fuel costs and laundry bills for washing your suits and food costs for when your driver is hungry and garage rent fees and most importantly monthly salary payouts to your three yellow-shirted mechanics who works hard for you 24/7.

They never even get to meet their families. You should be given the option to hand them hefty Christmas bonuses and other holiday bonuses.

Aside from the other stuff I would say an economy based on paying for track days wear and tear and such wouldn't be a bad idea if done right.
 
You're not the only one :), but there are people who play this more casual (few h) and those who play it daily and while for me payouts are more than enough , I would assume that someone else got a hard time collecting credits. Hence all complaining about "microtransactions" and "grind".

Maybe , there should be option to play career mode "amateur" (no damage fees , penalties ... as it is now) or "pro" with damage fees , car repair fees ... and most of the things you mentioned in your post. Of course none of that will happened in GT6 but maybe some things will change in GT7.
 
-Pay damages that you did yourself on your car and others cars.

This could be a problem. The way the game determines who is at fault is not perfect, and trolls will still be trolls
abusing the system.

In some track days, you either sign a waiver to split the damage cost regardless of being the culprit or victim, or sign up on a one day insurance.

This is one of the reasons pros need sponsors.

So yes, you are the only one. Unless we could have sponsors in game, gifting in game credits to drivers, according to accurate driver statistics showing the frequency of a clean race and rage quit disconnect, then you are the only one.

And at this point we are asking too much. Community and league features should be enough for clean racing.

Why will it be hard to determine who is at fault ? I think the game can easily determine who hit who.

You are talking about sponsor and it is a great idea and it already exist, so why not do as in Forza with Manufacturer Sponsorship Bonus ?

I don't know it is written on the box "The real driving simulator" and many people online handle this game as Burnout.
 
Why will it be hard to determine who is at fault ? I think the game can easily determine who hit who.

You are talking about sponsor and it is a great idea and it already exist, so why not do as in Forza with Manufacturer Sponsorship Bonus ?

I don't know it is written on the box "The real driving simulator" and many people online handle this game as Burnout.

It is hard for the game to determine who is at fault - when I race online and get a collision penalty it is almost always the other driver hitting me and not the other way around!
 
It is hard for the game to determine who is at fault - when I race online and get a collision penalty it is almost always the other driver hitting me and not the other way around!
I don't race online with collision penalty, don't like it. So I have to try it because right now I don't know.
 
Why will it be hard to determine who is at fault ? I think the game can easily determine who hit who.

Have you ever had another car hit you and you get the penalty? Worse yet, getting pushed out and when you come back to the track you get a short cut penalty. If not, then you are incredibly lucky while participating in "Burnout"-like dirty rooms.

Edit: Tree'd
 
Have you ever had another car hit you and you get the penalty? Worse yet, getting pushed out and when you come back to the track you get a short cut penalty. If not, then you are incredibly lucky while participating in "Burnout"-like dirty rooms.
I don't race with penalty.
 
I know you are really happy to this @The Stig Farmer , you are often on my back.
But back on topic, they can improve the "penalty collision" but they wouldn't I think.
 
Lower payout = more grinding

I do the Red Bull championship often enough to find current payouts too low. If you wanted to buy every car in the game and fully modify them, it would take hundreds of hours of grinding.

If I wanted to spend hundreds of hours grinding, I would play WoW, where you are rewarded for doing so. Whereas in GT6 if you have every car fully modded, nobody cares but you.
 
I actually think the opposite, GT6 should have credit bonuses, like bonuses for turning aids off, turning damage on, turning fuel/tire wear on, turning penalties on, also credit bonus for clean laps & clean races, and apply all those credit bonuses in all online & offline game modes. I do like the the idea of paying for damage, though.
That's a much better way of encouraging player skill.

Making a game with **** payouts that forces grinding will ruin the game for a lot of people.

For anybody who thinks is too easy to make money and want less credits here's is a very simple solution: buy the most expensive car you can afford it then sell it, repeat until you run out of credits.
 
What i have read here, you're not alone, but a minority.
I hope it stays a minority.
I do not agree.

Carreer mode in GT5 was low and still is.
No online mode anymore and no season events.
Please go play GT5 and leave GT6 alone.
I hate grinding for a nice car, and this would make it worse.

-Of course able to purchase virtual money with real one as you can already do in the game for people who don't have the time of the patience to play..
Promote Microtransactions?? really?
Hey... lets make the updates decrease the credits in the game, want to update the game? pay credits..
You should work for Microhard nixboks Vorsa Meuterspört..

Thank god, Kaz and Polyphony hardly listen to GT questions asked by "fans".
 
What i have read here, you're not alone, but a minority.
I hope it stays a minority.
I do not agree.

Carreer mode in GT5 was low and still is.
No online mode anymore and no season events.
Please go play GT5 and leave GT6 alone.
I hate grinding for a nice car, and this would make it worse.


Promote Microtransactions?? really?
Hey... lets make the updates decrease the credits in the game, want to update the game? pay credits..
You should work for Microhard nixboks Vorsa Meuterspört..

Thank god, Kaz and Polyphony hardly listen to GT questions asked by "fans".

Thanks for you that I don't work for them company yet , joke ;) !
Going to be graduate next year.
 
Why it will be better IMO:

-Because of a low payout cars will become more exceptional rare and unic, you will be focus on your main cars and upgrade them slowly in order to know better your car and feel a lot more accomplish when it will be fully and well tune.
-As well because of a low payout people will set there lobby with damage "on" in order to get the 200% bonus, because of the damage "on" people will take care to don't hit others cars and so pay their damages or crash.
Because of this the level will a lot improve and people will drive more realistically.
Cars won't be more rare. They will just take longer to get. The people playing constantly will still get expensive cars in a relatively short time. The only way to make it hard to get a single expensive car is to make payouts so low that getting multiple cars is difficult. That would be an absolute game killer disaster.

As far the idea of cars being rare at all, I find nothing good about that.

On the damage idea, no one will use damage just to get 200% bonus that will turn into a -1500% bonus when lag and poor fault detection kicks in. If you want money, just turn damage off, drive like a drunk and profit no matter how many trees you hit.


If I was to change the money system in game I'd make online have nothing to do with credits and also create an offline free mode where no credits were involved. The point to either of these modes would be simply driving/racing. If people wanted to deal with credits they could play GT Mode (and if they wanted the challenge of other players, GT Mode could also have online slots for races) with customizable credit payouts.
 
As one who refuses to repeat the Red Bull Standard Championship, I just assume keep it the way it is. I'm content running the GT3 Championship for consistent currency flow with the seasonal events supplementing it as they cycle around.
 
With the amount of 20million dollar cars no, its silly to want lower payouts. IF the 20million dollar cars were decently priced sure, no problem, but I seriously think its stupid to want it to take even longer to get them. Not everybody has endless hours to grind for cash. Some of us have to work and take care of our families.

Add all the 20million dollar cars together, its a crap load of cash to have to spend anymore time than we already have to to get them.. Ridiculous.
 
Not everybody has endless hours to grind for cash. Some of us have to work and take care of our families.
This.
Not everybody has endless hours to grind for cash. Some of us have to work and take care of our families.
This too.
Not everybody has endless hours to grind for cash. Some of us have to work and take care of our families.
And definitely this.
 
It is written on my first post and exist already in the game : microtransaction.
 
It is written on my first post and exist already in the game : microtransaction.
Are you insane?!?!? That's lame as all hell, your suggesting we need to foot out more cash because we happen to have a life outside a video game. You sure are ridiculous.

Not everybody has no life like you, you need to get one and stop asking stupid questions. How are those hairy palms of yours?
 
Are you insane?!?!? That's lame as all hell, your suggesting we need to foot out more cash because we happen to have a life outside a video game. You sure are ridiculous.

Not everybody has no life like you, you need to get one and stop asking stupid questions. How are those hairy palms of yours?
Please can you be more gentleman and start to respect me. I'm sure if was in front of you you will express yourself in other way. Grow up. Also no one question is stupid, you should understand that everybody have their own opinion and it is free to share it. If there is something wrong it's you and your behavior. End.
 
Please can you be more gentleman and start to respect me. I'm sure if was in front of you you will express yourself in other way. Grow up. Also no one question is stupid, you should understand that everybody have their own opinion and it is free to share it. If there is something wrong it's you and your behavior. End.

Yeah I would, but you would like it a whole lot less, trust me ;) the only one who needs to "grow up" is the child who has endless hours to grind for cash, when you get a life you might understand.

I have no respect for somebody telling me I need to fork out more cash because they want to grind more, what's stopping you from racing in arcade or low level events if you want less cash payouts. You entire question reaks of immaturity and disregard for the majority of GT6 players who unlike "some" have a life, my money is better used providing for my family vs stupidly tossing at a game I already paid for.
 
Back