Amazing GTHD replay video, plus menu demonstration

• Thread starter Vigacmoe
  • 13 comments
thanks for your posts, but the one is from the eiger nordwand , which we saw already, and the other menu demonstration, i know it as well already :)

I haven't seen these videos myself, so they are new to me. Let me comment on both of them because that's what I do.

--- THE REPLAY ---
I don't know if this was supposed to be a demonstration deal or not. Two scenes were shown prior to the Subaru Impreza racing around the track. The first view shown a helicopter flying towards a portion of the mountain. The next demo scene shown people just walking around like it's a real track day. If this keeps up, I'm highly interested in knowing what off-track action will be like before a race. Imagine some scenes which show people walking around the track prior to the race going underway. I'd be very interested in seeing what a track day around Fuji or even one of the Special Stage Route street courses. As I've said in the past, Eiger Nordwand is a course which looks best with rally cars. That rally car was just tearing up the track. I may already see some hidden value with this course. Did any of you notice the consecutive right-left-right switchbacks when the Subaru came out of the tunnel? That last sector could make a nice drifting course. That is, if you're brave enough to try to drift on narrow roads.

--- THE MENU ---
The menu music has a romantic touch to it. And why not? One almost wants to just show some mad love for cars like this, modeled like this. I do like the menus. I don't think GT5 will have a menu like this, but I can surely imagine something like this demonstration. I'm not really okay with the tilted angle of the cars as they are displayed in menu views. Here's a useless fact about cars in GT menus: almost all GT games feature cars rotated counterclockwise. The exception are those front hood views which go clockwise in rotation in the GTHD menu demonstration. It all looks very nice and well done.

I thank you for showing me something new, Vigacmoe.

--- THE REPLAY ---
I don't know if this was supposed to be a demonstration deal or not. Two scenes were shown prior to the Subaru Impreza racing around the track. The first view shown a helicopter flying towards a portion of the mountain. The next demo scene shown people just walking around like it's a real track day. If this keeps up, I'm highly interested in knowing what off-track action will be like before a race. Imagine some scenes which show people walking around the track prior to the race going underway. I'd be very interested in seeing what a track day around Fuji or even one of the Special Stage Route street courses.

Unless you can interact with the people, or do something outside the course, I don't really care for the pre-race videos. If PD goes through all that trouble to model and animate an extensive "world" for each track that you can't actually do anything with or in, I'd much rather they put that effort into improving usable game content: more tracks, more cars, better AI, totally customizable paintshop, etc.. I guess this all falls under my usual "too many Skyline's" rant. :indiff:

It looks great on its own, and it's killer eye candy, but it just doesn't mean anything if there's no auto shops to browse or cars to buy. If there was some way to link those off-track environments to PS3 Online, where you could by memorabilia or other merchandise, chat to other players, or watch others race, than that's an excellent plan. But I doubt it. :ouch:

Im in love... these clips showed me plenty, that replay looked so real at some points that it's scary. Its hard to hear the audio since the movie doesnt stream seamlessly, but the parts i could hear sounded a bit improved.. im so psyched.. PD, do what you have to do to make GT5 unforgettable

I had to spend the weekend mostly away due to a crazy situation here at the Tenacious household, but I did manage to catch the new stuff and I ditto all the positives quoted above. For a game only 20% or so done at this point, and who's final form we still don't know, this is looking flat out delicious. Even with basic physics, graphics and sound builds, GTHD is already filling me with sensuous desire. I'm used to both GT4 and Forza, even though I can't get enough of either and they still impress me, but I'm more than ready for the next generation.

I'm pretty sure that what we've seen in this picture provided more of a TV view of the course and the race at hand. You know how TV broadcasts have these off-track views showing you the track's surroundings and fans in the seats or walking around? I think that is what PD was going for. I'm not sure if this is what races will look like when GTHD is released. You have to admit that it provides a nice angle for replays and stuff. I still want to see more tracks and even more cars to really get a feel for what GTHD will provide on a number of fronts. For the argument of stuff like no auto shop to buy cars, I'd likely say that this isn't the next GT game. So there's really no need to concern yourself with a pure GT atmosphere. I've basically seen this as a continually-patched prototype of GT5 (especially GTHD Premium). While it's a new GT game, it isn't a pure GT game. That would be my counterstatemetnt to any notion that this is suposed to be the next GT game in the series.

It could possibly release in March to April if they wanted to follow their preliminary concept of having a game basically loaded with 30 Premium Edition (GT5) cars and 2 tracks and no Classic content at all, leaving that for pay to download.

This says to me that Kazunori is trying to have as complete a game as possible to give us when they release it. How many cars and tracks are included, we'll see.

Back