America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,011 comments
I'm honestly curious what the hell they have to do with anything?
Harley-Davidson setup overseas manufacturing to circumvent European tariffs implemented in retaliation for Trump's tariffs on European steel and aluminum. This move by the manufacturer drew the ire of Trump and a significant enough chunk of the Republican base, largely due to them thinking, incorrectly, that major production was being moved out of the United States and sparked calls to "cancel" the brand. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.

Ron Johnson wrote an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal about how he is being silenced.

“The left is trying to hold me accountable for the terrible things I do and say. I’ll write an op-ed for one of the nation’s largest newspapers which will be read by millions about how the left is silencing me!”

Entire regions of his brain must be shut down to justify that twisted logic.

Ron Johnson wrote an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal about how he is being silenced.

“The left is trying to hold me accountable for the terrible things I do and say. I’ll write an op-ed for one of the nation’s largest newspapers which will be read by millions about how the left is silencing me!”

Entire regions of his brain must be shut down to justify that twisted logic.
WSJ has been publishing some spectacularly bad op-eds lately. Maybe they have been for a while, I don't know.

I've seen Cardi B in the news so much recently, it's almost beginning to look a group of people may be trying to cancel her....

McCarthy showing off his big brain.
When asked by CNN's Manu Raju why it was acceptable for him to support Trump's efforts to overturn the presidential election in Congress but to criticize Democrats for doing the same in a contested Iowa US House race, McCarthy repeatedly rejected the notion that he was trying to overturn the election at all.

"You're saying something that is not true," the California Republican said when Raju stated that Trump had tried to overturn the election results in Congress and McCarthy supported that effort.
McCarthy refused to say whether he endorsed Trump's efforts to overturn the election, and did not say why he hadn't spoken out against those efforts at the time if he didn't support them.

"I'm not Donald Trump," McCarthy told Raju.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/18/politics/mccarthy-rewrite-history-2020-election/index.html

"President Trump won this election, so everyone who's listening, do not be quiet," McCarthy said. "We cannot allow this to happen before our very eyes."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ng-republicans-will-not-back-down/ar-BB1aKvMa

Last edited:
Are you trying to tell me yellin' "Yee Yee!" whilst firing off a 12-gauge doesn't make tornadoes go elsewhere?
LjdeR.png

I don't know why but I found this text a hilarious match for the picture.
Laughed the hardest I have in a while.
Thankyou.

This kind of thing makes me flamin' cross.

Not saying you're wrong, but every unprovoked attack on people of Asian descent in the Bay Area in the last few months (as far as I have seen) has not been by white people. And they are happening near-daily.
And so does this. Name and shame these racists. Then maybe their own communities might help shut them down (not holding my breath though).

The last thing we as minorities should be doing is providing whatabout fuel for other racists who care more about justifying their own behaviour than they do about the AAPI victims being targeted.

Would like to see some stats on this though.

Something really American is going on.
This wouldn't've happened if they'd stumped up for that gold plated statue instead. :lol:

That wig :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Can't tell if that's Putin or George W. Bush on the left... the Trump one is hilariously bad.

Last edited:
Was there something recent? I know he got in trouble for peeing in a mop bucket and street racing, but that was years ago.
When Harvey released the video of him saying the N word. It pretty much ended his "hip hop" career. Harvey admitted on TMZ live that he'd had the video for years and thought it was time.
TMZ made him and broke him when they were done with him.

Hey look, a stupid Trumpkin with a hypothetical for which he has a stupid take on the outcome.

The concensus seems to be that Democrats are pretty consistent here, and the replies to this stupid take are full of receipts.

When Harvey released the video of him saying the N word. It pretty much ended his "hip hop" career. Harvey admitted on TMZ live that he'd had the video for years and thought it was time.
TMZ made him and broke him when they were done with him.

:lol:

I didn't know about any of this, but it seems quite obvious to me, just from reading your post, that what "broke" him was his choice to use the N-word. Aren't Republicans the party of "personal responsibility"?

Last edited:
Harley-Davidson setup overseas manufacturing to circumvent European tariffs implemented in retaliation for Trump's tariffs on European steel and aluminum. This move by the manufacturer drew the ire of Trump and a significant enough chunk of the Republican base, largely due to them thinking, incorrectly, that major production was being moved out of the United States and sparked calls to "cancel" the brand. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
This isn’t the first time conservatives used this lie. In the 2012 campaign, Mitt Romney and the GOP claimed Jeep was moving all auto production from the US to China. It won Politifact’s 2012 Lie of the Year. In 2008 Romney penned an op-ed titled “Let GM Go Bankrupt.” It didn’t go over well in the rust belt. He didn’t get the nomination, and people remembered it. By 2012, both GM and Chrysler were doing much better. Jeep was adding jobs all over the mid-west, including Toledo Ohio, Jeep’s hometown.

Chrysler used to have a manufacturing plant in China in the ‘80s. Jeep sales were surging by 2012, so they decided to reopen a plant in China to serve the huge Chinese market, cut down on transportation costs and avoid tariffs. All very reasonable.

A conservative blogger posted a blog claiming Jeep was moving all production to China. The Drudge Report ran with that lie, and then the Romney campaign thought it was the perfect weapon to use against Obama in the final two weeks of the campaign. Both Jeep and Chrysler refuted it. The media pointed out the lie. But the Romney campaign doubled down, making an ad that was wildly inaccurate and heavily mocked. Instead of a weapon for Romney, it ended up being a weapon for Obama. It became a trust issue. Do you trust the guy who said GM should go bankrupt and is lying about Jeep leaving the country, or do you trust the guy who steered GM and Chrysler through managed bankruptcies allowing both to rebound stronger, add jobs and expand overseas? It blew up in the GOP’s face badly. Ohio went to Obama and he won a close election.

to;dr or “If I had more time I would have written you a shorter letter”: Republicans have a history of making up lies about Dems allowing jobs to move overseas. They do it because the truth is that the economy and employment always improves when the Democrats are in control, and that’s bad for Republicans.

Last edited:
:lol:

I didn't know about any of this, but it seems quite obvious to me, just from reading your post, that what "broke" him was his choice to use the N-word. Aren't Republicans the party of "personal responsibility"?
I don't think anyone on TMZ is Republican... (Actually I take that back but I don't remember if dude is still on the show)Nor Bieber. I totally agree. My point was Harvey held onto the video for years and IMO finally released it when he found it convenient for him.

I see what Ryzno is saying but I don’t think that’s in the same vein as the current trend of “cancel culture” personally. That sounds like the sort of sleazy stuff that the paparazzi regularly involve themselves in to drum up news/dollars. TMZ is a gossip powerhouse and can pay big money for insider info just to sit on and leak out when they see fit.

Last edited:
I see what Ryzno is saying but I don’t think that’s in the same vein as the current trend of “cancel culture” personally. That sounds like the sort of sleazy stuff that the paparazzi regularly involve themselves in to drum up news/dollars. TMZ is a gossip powerhouse and can pay big money for insider info just to sit on and leak out when they see fit.
The thing that's seemingly lost on him and the rest of the "CANCEL CULTURE!!!" *REEEEEEEEEEEEEE* set is that when individuals and entities do something that people don't like, those people get to decide that they no longer want to lend support for and/or associate with those individuals and entities. More than that, those with grievances, be they legitimate or performative, get to make an effort to convince other people to cease lending support for and/or associating with those individuals and entities.

Last edited:
Back