American Le Mans Series (ALMS) - Season IV [COMPLETED]

• Thread starter Techy
  • 2,432 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
1:24.3 @ Seca with the Aston using 550hp 1362kg, id say thats about how much power it needs. Im sure if i kept messing with the setup i could break into the 23's which is where i was with the Vette. More testing to come though.

JoeTruck = Factory Peugeot 908 FAP
This will be my 1st prototype series finally after playing this game 4 a year :dunce:

Make sure you can handle it! We've had people that just can't control them.

Beginner Cowboy included.

Can more than 2 have the 908? I think there are like 4 people wanting to drive it right now. Could split into factory and Matmut teams.

Tower Turn 13
Can more than 2 have the 908? I think there are like 4 people wanting to drive it right now. Could split into factory and Matmut teams.

I'll drive a different car.

Yes, there's only 2 drivers using one car at a time. I could extend the limitation but that will unbalance car choice.

The Matmut is a different car IMO. They're alike, but tuning the alike shows there are some differences to the way they drive. The R8's are good cars as well. Don't forget about the Toyota, it's probably the fastest in a straight line.

Yes, there's only 2 drivers using one car at a time. I could extend the limitation but that will unbalance car choice.

While we're on the subject, perhaps we should add a driver list showing priority in the series. Once we finish the last pre-season race and everyone is signed up, we make car selections like last season?

Should go by standings. Or how long we've been in.

While we're on the subject, perhaps we should add a driver list showing priority in the series. Once we finish the last pre-season race and everyone is signed up, we make car selections like last season?

I'll prioritize according to attendance in the previous season. Using points seems to be unfair since little people showed up much.

Make sure you can handle it! We've had people that just can't control them.

Beginner Cowboy included.

I may not be the fastest, but my best quality is car control with any chassis so far 👍

@ Techincolors

If we are racing this Friday, I need to know which track it will be & the number of laps plz?

Last edited:
I may not be the fastest, but my best quality is car control with any chassis so far 👍

@ Techincolors

If we are racing this Friday, I need to know which track it will be & the number of laps plz?

We're not starting pre-season until The Man gives the heads-up. But I can set up skirmishes, which will be half of the intended laps.

Why not just have a get together anyway? Who cares if it's preseason or not? I think we should get together Friday evening and run a 10-15 lap race with the cars to see how the new cars hold up.

Make it 20 laps, and its a deal!
10 - 15 laps just seems like a sprint race these days, now that we have spent over a year racing'

freshseth83
Why not just have a get together anyway? Who cares if it's preseason or not? I think we should get together Friday evening and run a 10-15 lap race with the cars to see how the new cars hold up.

👍
Let's do a bunch of sprint races since it's not official preseason. I want to try out a couple different cars.

15 laps on a track like Daytona road is pretty good distance, I was thinking longer tracks like Indy Road, Fuji, Suzuka etc. Small tracks like Laguna 20 laps would be about 25-30 minutes. So it equals out.

If you guys do anything this Friday i wont be there, im having a going away party because i start school on Monday. To be honest, i dont even know when ill have internet hooked up in my apartment when i get there, ive got so much on my table right now.

15 laps on a track like Daytona road is pretty good distance, I was thinking longer tracks like Indy Road, Fuji, Suzuka etc. Small tracks like Laguna 20 laps would be about 25-30 minutes. So it equals out.

That makes since to me:tup:

I have no problem doing little meet-ups every Friday :)

Hopefully this will help from wondering off:nervous:

For priority, should we have that people should be allowed to stay with their cars, instead of getting booted out by someone with better attendance?

For priority, should we have that people should be allowed to stay with their cars, instead of getting booted out by someone with better attendance?

Yes, that is an exception. Otherwise, if there's two or more drivers having the same amount of attendance, I'll rule in ending class position.

The GT standings were

Techni (8 races)
THAT GUY (7 races)
Kevin (6 races)
Cowboys (7 races)
Flyin (4 races)
Tower (7 races)
Sinladar (7 races)
gatrs (7 races)
rb26 (3 races)

Im starting to think that the Aston is going to need less power than i originally thought, im currently meeting or exceeding times i made with the Corvette without any extensive tuning or practice. Ive been trying it at 550HP, has anyone else tried it yet? I hope i can make some races with you guys and see whats what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back