American Muscle

Fortunate Son
Unedited

11828148855_b59aa8066c.jpg

11828420743_c97e0c941e.jpg

11828418903_aa7854eeb4.jpg

And I used to hate on Corvettes...

Here's a replica of my Dad's first car, a 1971 Camaro.
2prtctc.jpg

It was this shade of green, but with white stripes. It didn't have the huge rims either.
18ko4z.jpg

zlzv3s.jpg

2wf0rcg.jpg

Sadly, sometime after he got it, the car was so rusted up and restoration parts were so expensive at that time that he stripped all of the good parts off of it and sent the rest of the car to the crusher.

Race report: Willow Springs 20 mile, Shelby GT-500, stock-558pp.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_2.jpg

This guy lost it right in front of me, giving me just enough room to squeeze by.
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_3.jpg

By by Ferrari

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_4.jpg

In the pits.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_5.jpg

Chasing down the Bugatti.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_6.jpg

He was faster on the straights, but too big and heavy in the twisty bits.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_8.jpg

This Viper thought he was in a drifting competition.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_10.jpg

He then pits along with a few others and I inherit the lead going into the last lap with an impatient McLaren and Lambo on my tail.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_11.jpg

A too impatient McLaren sticks his nose in where it doesn't belong. By the time I get her straight I am entering turn one too fast and outside, the McLaren and Lambo get by dropping me to P3.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_12.jpg

Trying to maintain the last step on the podium and stay away from a hard charging Ferrari I overcook the final turn on the final lap...the Ferrari and the podium finish slip away.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_13.jpg

I run out of fuel yards before the line with another Ferrari bearing down, but I maintain P4. Lesson I should have learned from GT5: the PD pit crew will always short you on fuel.

Now I just need to decide if I want to tune on the stang or pick up a new car with 20-25 more pp and give it another go 👍

Back