American Racing League *TUNED* (Gr.3) Congrats CWM_NoirAntares for the Championship

• Thread starter Neutty
  • 335 comments
I’d like to see more ARL seasons that way, I want to get beat by someone who is faster than me, not someone who has more time to figure out the best tire strategy, or who can save enough fuel to make one less stop. But that’s just my opinion.

I am going to run a few races The next couple of saturdays after Blancpain to test out the BOP. We could use all the help we can get to get the BOP right! Then once Vertex is over, @damonc84 and I are going to try to work a schedule that works with Super tofeo as well. So we are looking at March 1stish but this gives us enough time to TEST the settings and adjust accordingly. Tire and fuel wear will not exceed x3. If anything we may drop pending settings.
oh okay , after blancpain would be like 10 pm right?

Had my interest with the 7:30 CST. Lost interest at with 9:45 CST time. My day starts at 3:30 am so the later it gets the less likely I will be able to take part. But this is the type of thing I've been looking for.

Guess I misunderstood. Count me in.

Last edited:
There seems to be some confusion and hopefully this clears it up.

our PRIMARY time slot we are running is
  • TBD night, Eastern Standard Time
  • 8:30pm: Lobby opens for practice
  • 9:00pm - 9:10pm: Qualifying
Immediately after Qualifying: Remain on track and park vehicle after sector 1 so that grid order integrity is maintained prior to the race.

The ultimate goal is Friday Night working around the @llNovall super tofeo and @damonc84 IRS Races Meaning, running on the Friday nights that don’t clash with these so everyone can race. HOWEVER Saturday BEFORE ARLS PREMIER Gr.3 Series is a possible option only if it doesn’t pull drivers from that series.

This series WILL happen, but is still a little over a month out as we want to start this series up when both Vertex and Blancpain seasons are finished.

we are asking for anyone available for some test races hopefully Saturday January 18th AND a guaranteed January 25th. These test races will be ran at 11pm EST. We ask that everyone please join. One of these two nights will be ran with tuning prohibited to test a theory but the SERIES IS TUNED. I ask that though you may not like prohibited TUNING, that you help us out with a couple of races. WE ARE TRYING TO GET THE BOP RIGHT. We have a bunch of cars to test and get right. When TUNING is prohibited the cars are super close. I’m curious as to how close they are when tuned as tuning changes the ball game tremendously and I’m not the greatest at it.

I will announce a schedule for the *Test* Races and what the plan is a little later today.

There seems to be some confusion and hopefully this clears it up.

our PRIMARY time slot we are running is
  • TBD night, Eastern Standard Time
  • 8:30pm: Lobby opens for practice
  • 9:00pm - 9:10pm: Qualifying
Immediately after Qualifying: Remain on track and park vehicle after sector 1 so that grid order integrity is maintained prior to the race.

The ultimate goal is Friday Night working around the @llNovall super tofeo and @damonc84 IRS Races Meaning, running on the Friday nights that don’t clash with these so everyone can race. HOWEVER Saturday BEFORE ARLS PREMIER Gr.3 Series is a possible option only if it doesn’t pull drivers from that series.

This series WILL happen, but is still a little over a month out as we want to start this series up when both Vertex and Blancpain seasons are finished.

we are asking for anyone available for some test races hopefully Saturday January 18th AND a guaranteed January 25th. These test races will be ran at 11pm EST. We ask that everyone please join. One of these two nights will be ran with tuning prohibited to test a theory but the SERIES IS TUNED. I ask that though you may not like prohibited TUNING, that you help us out with a couple of races. WE ARE TRYING TO GET THE BOP RIGHT. We have a bunch of cars to test and get right. When TUNING is prohibited the cars are super close. I’m curious as to how close they are when tuned as tuning changes the ball game tremendously and I’m not the greatest at it.

I will announce a schedule for the *Test* Races and what the plan is a little later today.
i don’t think i can make the 11 pm, but i’ll try

I’m curious as to how close they are when tuned as tuning changes the ball game tremendously
I think the biggest advantage that a tuner has is adjusting the transmission. I don't know about the final gear switch magic but in general setting it up a certain way will give your car better acceleration than an identical non-tuned car. The first races I joined the IRS had tuning and I had someone's tune but not their transmission settings. We both accelerated out of a corner in the same way but his gearing allowed him to reach his top speed faster than me and he got ahead before the braking zone for the next turn. I had no chance.

Alright, We will have atleast ONE lobby open for Testing on Saturday, January 18th at 11:00PM Eastern. This Lobby will be ran just after Blancpain. We will be running 8-10 lap races, testing Tire wear (itll be low) and our Custom BOP! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
The following tracks will be on the docket.
Interlagos
Lago Maggiore GP II
Suzuka
Redbull Ring
Any more we may have time for.

See below for current BOP settings. Please Choose a car that you would most likely not run, im trying to get them all tested.

I’ll be there. Will probably drive the corvette and I’ll need some advice when it comes time to tune the cars, but I’m looking forward to it!

No. I’ll jump from car to car. Just use something you would never use. Eventually everyone will be in something different.

Back