///AMN Performance - Closed.

• Thread starter GT-R
  • 147 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire post of this thread has been edited with a new paragraph called "The deal".

love the e 55 merc and also the etype jag but i would love to see the jaguar xj220 get a tune up and the ford gt. i love both those cars.

love the e 55 merc and also the etype jag but i would love to see the jaguar xj220 get a tune up and the ford gt. i love both those cars.

We've already finished tuning a 945 hp XJ220 (fully tuned, obviously). We won't release it until it becomes really good. ;) If you could write down what the positive and negative aspects of the Black Series and Aeromax are and give your opinion about the cars as a whole, then you could request two cars to be tuned to your likings. 👍

I have just finished driving the E55 "Black" and I have tested it at *Deep Forest Raceway. I think DFR* is a good road course analogue. It has altitude variances and multiple combinations of corners. There's a 180 degree-turn and several turns that are around 90 degrees. There's corners that combine to form double apexes, so that's why I have chosen this course. There are some positive points. It's fun and it has certainly eclipsed the fastest car I tested there before, an Audi Le Mans Quattro which clocked a 1'25.3 - just 1.5 seconds in front of a tuned S2000 with less than 300hp. And it's not from Amuse or Spoon. It clocked a 1'14.7, but there are some gripes about this car. I'm a button-masher, so I usually have the car revving its arse off before the start. To simulate this, I stopped the car, put on the brakes, and then redlined it. When I allowed the car to get moving again, half of my tires were now on the track. Wheelspin is certainly one of this car's weak points. Therefore, in first and second gear corners I was scared as hell. I tried relaxing the throttle, i.e. not having my thumb pressing the X-button fully down. It worked and that's how I managed the 1'14.7 lap.

Positive aspects
+ Fun, if you can control it
+ Good handling when you relax the throttle

Negative aspects

- A crapload of wheelspin
- It can spin out if you aren't careful
- It tops out at around 280km/h, despite having more power than a Lamborghini Murcielago
- It doesn't offer the stability of some cars, e.g. the Evo and the Skyline.

Now, knowing me, you're going to assume that I will request two Skylines. But I'm going to spice things up a little. Instead of Skylines, I want to see a fully-tuned Evo (I don't care about which model, I'll let you guys decide) and a fully-tuned Toyota MR-2 GT-S.

Positive aspects
+ Fun, if you can control it
+ Good handling when you relax the throttle

Negative aspects

- A crapload of wheelspin
- It can spin out if you aren't careful
- It tops out at around 280km/h, despite having more power than a Lamborghini Murcielago
- It doesn't offer the stability of some cars, e.g. the Evo and the Skyline.

Let's end the quote right here. First of all, thanks for the review and now right to the aspects you've mentioned as being positive and negative. You're right when you say that the car is fun to drive, when you can control it. You also say that you'll get good handling if you "relax the throttle". This is false. You can drive the car on its very edge, being able to experience very good handling. The wheelspin is not much of a problem, too, because, first of all, you don't need the first and second gears anyways. The car gives you enough torque at low RPMs already. Secondly, even if you are using second gear, you won't get any wheelspin if you give 80% throttle, and not floor the car always like you do. Any car will spin out if you aren't careful, even a stock car without driving aids turned on. So, this aspect doesn't seem to be important at all. That the car tops out at 280 km/h is wrong. It will top out well over 340 km/h. And now don't tell me "I tested the car at Deep Forest". It has been tuned on Nürburgring and if you really want to know when the car really tops out, you will go straight to the Test Course. Is there any Lamborghini in GT4? - No, there isn't, so no need to compare GT4 cars with real life or non-existing (in GT4) cars. This car offers you a lot of stability, when you see it not even having a wing, but just applied a setup and R3s. This aspect doesn't seem to be relevant, too.

driftking18594
Now, knowing me, you're going to assume that I will request two Skylines. But I'm going to spice things up a little. Instead of Skylines, I want to see a fully-tuned Evo (I don't care about which model, I'll let you guys decide) and a fully-tuned Toyota MR-2 GT-S.

Which Evo do you want? We don't want to tune one and then see you saying "Oh, I would've been happier to see bla bla bla...". As I'm not familiar with MR2s, I have to ask you which model year that is, so that we don't tune cars you don't want to see. Should the cars have wings or not?

Which Evo do you want? We don't want to tune one and then see you saying "Oh, I would've been happier to see bla bla bla...". As I'm not familiar with MR2s, I have to ask you which model year that is, so that we don't tune cars you don't want to see. Should the cars have wings or not?
I want a 1997 MR-2 GT-S. As for the Evo, an Evo 6 Tommi Makinen Edition. I'm sorry if you got pissed off for me testing the car on the Deep Forest Raceway. I wanted to see what this car could do on a compact circuit. I drive with an automatic transmission, so that's why I can't launch in 3rd gear. I'll happily re-do the test with a manual transmission, and the reason why I assumed the top speed was 280km/h was because it was redlining at 240km/h. But that was because I had just landed after a jump just after the start/finish line.

I want a '97 MR-2 GT-S. As for the Evo, maybe an Evo 6 Tommi Makinen Edition.

I guess both cars are going to be high mileage ones. The Evo is no problem, I bought one a few days ago and wanted to tune it anyways. You didn't answer my last question.

Hello driftking18594, welcome to ///AMN Performance and thanks for reviewing our car :)

It is a big mistake when you drive such car with an Automatic transmission. The car has got boatloads of wheelspin but still can be controlled. As mentioned by Nenad, you can launch the car out of the corner in 3rd instead of 2nd. There is no problem whatsoever for you to test it in DFR ;) I have drove the car for miles on the 'Ring and all I can say is the best handling big, luxury and powerful saloon alongside the BMW M5.

In future, please PM us your requests. The entire post has been updated regarding this case, as mentioned by Nenad above.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy our cars :)

Last edited:
I noticed you have edited your previous post:

I'm sorry if you got pissed off for me testing the car on the Deep Forest Raceway. I wanted to see what this car could do on a compact circuit. I drive with an automatic transmission, so that's why I can't launch in 3rd gear. I'll happily re-do the test with a manual transmission, and the reason why I assumed the top speed was 280km/h was because it was redlining at 240km/h. But that was because I had just landed after a jump just after the start/finish line.

I didn't get pissed off. It's just that if you criticise anything you'll have to give reasons and not just write down aspects (which aren't even relevant and some of them not even true) and leave everything as it is. You should re-do the test with a manual transmission (I don't even see a reason to use automatic transmission at all), as this is the best way to actually feel the car's extreme power output and those astonishing 1000+ nm. 👍 A car can redline at 100 km/h in first gear, but is that a reason to say that that's its top speed? - No, it isn't.

What Ahmad says is true. Future requests should be sent to any of us three via PM.

And you still haven't answered my question regarding putting wings onto the cars.

I want wings on the cars I have requested. I'm sorry if I overlooked that detail. I would like the MR-2 to be able to really challenge JGTC cars and win against them, like[shameless plug]my RX-7[/shameless plug].

I want wings on the cars I have requested. I'm sorry if I overlooked that detail. I would like the MR-2 to be able to really challenge JGTC cars and win against them, like[shameless plug]my RX-7[/shameless plug].

The MR-2 will be fully tuned, having a wing. No need to say your car is fast, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMN E55 re-review:
I decided to re-review the AMN E55 on the track it was tuned for: the Nurburgring. Following their recommendation, I decided to use the manual transmission. The car feels right at home in 3rd and 4th gears. Off the line acceleration in 3rd gear is great, even if you were revving its arse off with the brakes on. There's no wheelspin! Well, in 3rd gear and above anyway. The car does have a tendency to understeer when you're pushing the limits in the corners. I feel very safe in 3rd and 4th gears, and the car is very forgiving in those gears. I managed to rescue the car twice from a spin-out during my test. I feel there's a reason this car has no wing. Would you put a wing on a €125,000 car that isn't a Porsche, Ferrari or a Lamborghini. Oh crap, I've done it again. I've made a comparison between this car and cars that aren't in GT4. And by the way, it tops out at way more than 280km/h. I managed to get it to over 330km/h (334km/h to be exact) which is a remarkable achievement for some car that may have been pre-owned by a banker. It's very reliable and you feel very safe in it - as long as you're not in 1st gear. The wheels spin like crazy in 1st gear. All in all, it was a job well done by AMN. :cheers: 👍

Luke, I had no time so far to do so. I'll update it in a few seconds. Thanks for reminding me. :)

driftking18594, now that sounds more like the Black Series we tuned. :P Not that we don't want to hear criticism, actually that's what we are here for, as we want to improve. But thanks for re-reviewing this car. You see, the automatic transmission is what can make any car perform bad. :yuck:

👍

EDIT: The entire post of this thread has been fully updated.

Nice cars here! Just love the m5. Think it´s the best of all of AMN cars.

All the cars here are very good in turns and they beat most of the race cars in straight parts of the course too. Just noticed one problem. Tyres wear out too fast. R3 tyres seem to last only about 3-5 laps depending to the track. I would like to drive endurance events with AMN performance cars but i simply feel like I have to do way too much pit stops.

I´d like to see a car tuned for endurance events and it would work with sport tyres too. That would make the garage complete. But that´s just my opinion. :)

Waiting for more tunes! 👍

Hello Temetias. and welcome to ///AMN Performance! :)

We have already tuned a car for endurance races on R1 tyres, but still haven't completely finished the testing process all our cars go through. So far, we are planing to release two cars this weekend and see if we can start tuning the other three on our list. 👍

Gosh!!!!Another review of the E55 Black!!!!:scared:

I was always attracted to the E55 AMG for some strange reason.. Don't know if its the looks but what the heck, this tune finally convinced me to try and take it out for a spin.

First off,i'm a really lousy driver,so the wheelspin was horrendous for me and extremely uncontrollable.no surprise given the amount of power this car boasts.I found setting TCS to 2 helped me control this car a lot easier on the tracks i tested it on-The ring and Trail Mountain.

Following the adjustment to the TCS, the car handled like a dream on the Ring and Trial mountain.Less than one lap of each track was enough to prove that this was indeed a superb car.Only problem i encountered was that the car spun out very easily as soon as it touches the grass,something which happens very often for me on Trial Mountain.

Overall,
-Looks cool!!!!👍
-Great Gearing for the average track:tup:
-Too much wheelspin for me 👎
-very sensitive to grass 👎
-Its endurance....ack... 👎
-Its quite a good drifter....👍

And if may make a request...Could you guys tune a Renault Avantime? >.<

Last edited:
Overall,
-Looks cool!!!!👍
-Great Gearing for the average track:tup:
-Too much wheelspin for me 👎
-very sensitive to grass 👎
-Its endurance....ack... 👎
-Its quite a good drifter....👍

And if may make a request...Could you guys tune a Renault Avantime? >.<

Adding TCS may help you for the first few laps, but in the end, it will slow you down drastically through corners. Anyways, thanks for the review. The wheelspin, as I already told to the previous reviewer of this car, can be controlled easily by just giving the car 80% throttle in second gear. You can floor it as much as you want in 3rd and higher. Why are you even driving on grass? :lol: Nah, the car can be saved by just lifting off the throttle (Not completely! Stay at about 40-50% throttle) when you touch the grass. I don't really know what you want to say with the endurance thing. Of course, this car will drift easily. Just give too early throttle when exiting corners, countersteer and there you drift. But if you really get the car's handling, you can go at very high speeds through most corners, without getting under- or oversteer.

Once again thanks for the review and, of course, you're allowed to ask for two cars of your choice to be tuned to your specifications.

Please, do not request cars in this thread. Send a PM to either me, Ahmad or Maj (He's inactive at the moment). This has been stated in the entire post of this thread.

Adding TCS may help you for the first few laps, but in the end, it will slow you down drastically through corners. Anyways, thanks for the review. The wheelspin, as I already told to the previous reviewer of this car, can be controlled easily by just giving the car 80% throttle in second gear. You can floor it as much as you want in 3rd and higher. Why are you even driving on grass? :lol: Nah, the car can be saved by just lifting off the throttle (Not completely! Stay at about 40-50% throttle) when you touch the grass. I don't really know what you want to say with the endurance thing. Of course, this car will drift easily. Just give too early throttle when exiting corners, countersteer and there you drift. But if you really get the car's handling, you can go at very high speeds through most corners, without getting under- or oversteer.

Once again thanks for the review and, of course, you're allowed to ask for two cars of your choice to be tuned to your specifications.

Please, do not request cars in this thread. Send a PM to either me, Ahmad or Maj (He's inactive at the moment). This has been stated in the entire post of this thread.

First off,sorry about the request I'll be sure to read the instructions next time.

Anyway,I just took the E55 for a spin around George Paris and found it was a total dream to drive without Tcs,effortlessly sliding around every single corner.So interestingly,i find that this car suits the rally and city courses more than the 'real circuits' or 'original circuits'.

Not too bad for a huge Benz

First off,sorry about the request I'll be sure to read the instructions next time.

Anyway,I just took the E55 for a spin around George Paris and found it was a total dream to drive without Tcs,effortlessly sliding around every single corner.So interestingly,i find that this car suits the rally and city courses more than the 'real circuits' or 'original circuits'.

Not too bad for a huge Benz

No problem. It's your first time requesting cars here. 👍

Thanks for saying this. To tell you the truth, all cars we release are being tested at every track in GT4 (except from dirt / snow, as the cars aren't meant to race there). So, seeing you say that the car performs good on city courses shows us that we've succeeded with out method. :)

Not bad, indeed. The car weights 1585 kg, which is a lot of weight to carry. The tyres make a fairly good job, but it has to be said that the car has no wing also.

The cars you requested have been put on the list. ;)

I'm entering dangerous territory, because as I understand, this is a car you guys are quite proud of.:nervous: I did a test on your M5, and this is a car I'm both impressed and confused by. I'm impressed by the car's performance. It goes like stink! It's one of the fastest cars I've driven. I also like the handling. The brakes work well(thank God), and as long as you give VERY precise inputs, it can be driven at high speed with good control. If you don't then you WILL get your 🤬 handed to you!

Now here's the bit I'm confused by. It's extremly fast, but when I drove it, it gives a very strange sense of speed. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's slow. I can tell that this can get around the 'Ring in less than 6 minutes. It doesn't make me go "AHHHHH! THE SPEEEED!" It feels like nothing is going wrong. And when things do go wrong, THEN I get that sense of speed.:lol: I like this car though, and it's probably just me. I may go back to the 'Ring because I wasn't too happy with my time for the tuned car.

Times:

///AMN Performance™ M5 Hurricane+ '10
Stock: 7'03.986 Top speed: 185 m/h (293.72 km/h)
Tuned: 6'31.010 Top Speed: 215 m/h (346.00 km/h)

Thanks for testing the car. I don't know what's wrong there, but I see no problem with "feeling the speed" in this car. Watch the record lap video and you'll see that you will 100% feel the speed when you drive the car on the edge. :lol:

Well part of the problem may of been that I was half-asleep when I drove the car.:) But I just went around the 'Ring again and got 6'10.260. (I used the + package this time.)

Well part of the problem may of been that I was half-asleep when I drove the car.:) But I just went around the 'Ring again and got 6'10.260. (I used the + package this time.)

I see you're missing almost half a minute. 👎 Nah, just kidding. :D You're doing a great job. I'm sure that you'll at least be able to get to 6'00 if you do a few more practise laps. ;)

My review of the...

Punishing.

One word to describe it, that's what I'd come up with. Every sense of the word can be applied to this. Punishingly quick, punishing around the corners, and punishing of mistakes.

I'll admit that I'm not the greatest of drivers. Indeed, when I drove the last iteration of this car, although it was the fastest car I'd ever taken around the Nurb' except for the Formula GT, I still could only manage a lower mid 6 minute time. The car was advertised as being able to reach at least 6'05, but I just couldn't put the time in. The old car perhaps wasn't entirely suited for me. A tad understeery when going through slow corners and wheelspin happy when you were being cautious.

But I've been told that all those problems are gone, and that in my hands I have a truly awesome machine. Indeed, the "fastest" M5 around. So, I went back to the old haunt, "The Green Hell" to have another round.

First impressions are simply amazing, as the old car was. It handles like a rollercoaster, on rails. If this car existed in real life, I'd be in quite a lot of danger of being torn out of the drivers seat and flung through the window. It pulls that much. Indeed, incredibly punishing. Flat out, the wind roars past the car as you literally punch a hole through the race track. Another good reason I'm thankful that I'm testing in a virtual environment is the fact that since it pulls to hard, the G's would probably reduce such a lesser human as myself into a cardboard cutout.

By the time I'd entered Karrousel, I'd already shaved at least 6 seconds off my previous Hurricane time. I felt a lot more... comfortable, shall we say, in this car. It felt somewhat more stable under braking this time, and the wheel spin wasn't a threat anymore, even for my overly cautious early in/fast out style of racing. Indeed, although I never feel much at ease in fast(er) cars, this one had a calming sense to it. Probably the 5 series allure.

After Karousell is where I usually lose time in the bigger cars. Apparently not the case in this. The fast, sweeping chicanes were no match for the brakes and the agility of the Hurricane. The twitchyness from the last car is essentially all gone now. I can ease into braking without risking breaking the rear end loose. And this came in incredibly handy for the upcoming section...

If anyone within 100 miles of the 'Ring who was asleep at the time of my lap probably had their peaceful nap ruined by the sound of horsepowers thundering down the back straight. If I wasn't 2 dimensional before, I certainly was now. The stability is also immense. I could edge across the track into a better posistion for the upcoming corners without spinning out, creating a Hurricane (:sly:), smashing into a tree and causing a small nuclear explosion. When it came to braking, I threw my faint into the ABS system and slammed as hard as I could, as late as I dared. And through sheer forced will, I managed to clear the last few corners flawlessly and delivered myself a time of 6'14.xxx. Pretty much smashing my previous time.

To be honest, I really can't fault this car for being what it is. What it is, is incredible. The closest thing to a purpose built racer that you can actually enter for normal car races. It's that great. But if anything, it just felt a little... soulless. In fact, most fully tuned cars feel this way. All the stripping of the original parts just sort of deadens the experience for me. Not subtracting anything from my opinion of the car though. There aren't many faster ways around the Green Hell, and I'm not lying.

9/10 (Perfection is an oft chased dream. It might happen one day though :bowdown:)

Thanks for the in-depth review of the M5 Hurricane, Reece. What you describe is true. The car is like on rails. The acceleration is incredible, as are the brakes. I glad you find the car better now and got a much better lap with the new Hurricane. I can't thank you enough for this review. You're allowed to request 2 cars. 👍

Oh no, that's not all. You remember you were allowed to request 2 cars instead of only one last time? Well, let's go on with this trend: You can ask for 4 cars now. Enjoy! ;)

This garage is closed due to the members not having time to produce tunes. From now on, no requests will be accepted.

Already requested cars will be sent out.

Regards,

InvincibleGT

Dear valued customers,

From now on, ///AMN Performance will be closed down due to members lacking time to tune cars. We are very sorry for this and for those who have requested cars from us, those cars will be sent out as soon as possible.

I have to leave AMN due to the same reason as others, lacking time to tune cars. Since school started, most of my time is being used for school purposes. So from now on, we are closing down but our current tunes will still be available.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Ahmad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back