An interesting picture i just found

dy9hg0.jpg

An GT HD early picture which presents what seems to be the dashboard of the 599 GTB in PS2 standards .

What should we conclude ?

That this car was recorded and digitaly recreated during the PS2 Era then re-upscaled in full PS3 glory,leading us to believe that Polyphony has always been recreating all cars cockpit from back then ?

Or that standards cars do have a cockpit view,just not on par with premium ones thus unusable ?

I'm guessing this is a downscaled version of a premium model. GTHD was released at a time when the game and graphics engines were in the very early stages and couldn't utilise the PS3 hardware properly.

What we need is a picture of a cockpit like this from a non-premium confirmed car ;)

I think it is an old, early pic of premium car. They always try to improve the quality as much they can until they are satisfied with the quality to some extent. This seems to be early build and I think in GT5 it will look much better.

That's a work in progress picture, just like this one:
0351.jpg

GTHD Concept never supported the cockpit view though, because they were just not done.

EDIT: Btw. nothing there is down-/upscaled, it's just a very rough and early 3D model with some basic textures.

Yep, what G.T.Ace said.

Also, gran turismo site is clearly stating that Standard cars do not support interior view, so my hopes are completely ended on this subject. Let's hope I'm wrong, though, interior view is one of the best features in Prologue. :(

I think i'm going to put this in my sig, save repeating myself over and over: interior, cockpit, two very different words with two very different meanings. Cockpit has never been mentioned, ever. They will feature, i'd bet my house on it.

Off topic here but, did anyone else think eiger in GTHD looked WAY better than prologue? I did, it looks stunning.

Looks sweet, also, does anyone else think that (in the pic it shows) the cockpit view should be able to be tweaked (view wise), in the pic it is closer to the windscreen than in GT5:P and changes the way it looks considerably.

That early shot of Eiger Nordwand seems longer than the Prologue version of it. :confused:

The Prologue version is the short version. The full version has yet to be seen, apart from in a few screenshots I think. Such as this one, which is horribly outdated.

Is this Premium?

928379_20070102_790screen071.jpg

I can see even the rollcage, ;) so it might be. But I'm not really convinced of that door handle, I need a better res. pic to analyze, where did you find this? IGN archives? I found a fully modeled R33 in GT5 spec at IGN.

EDIT: Just found it again:

gran-turismo-5-images-20070725102039500.jpg

But I still don't understand why it was dropped from Prologue. :odd:

Last edited:
Everything in GTHD Concept was work in progress material, yes, this car is premium, unless they won't bring it in the game.

Everything in GTHD Concept was work in progress material, yes, this car is premium, unless they won't bring it in the game.

Okay thanks. 👍
yeah. All GTHD cars are Premium models.

Okay thanks. 👍
I can see even the rollcage, ;) so it might be. But I'm not really convinced of that door handle, I need a better res. pic to analyze, where did you find this? IGN archives? I found a fully modeled R33 in GT5 spec at IGN.

EDIT: Just found it again:

gran-turismo-5-images-20070725102039500.jpg

But I still don't understand why it was dropped from Prologue. :odd:

Found that image at Gamespot.

The picture of the Ferrari dash is in no way comparable to PS2 era graphics so I dont know how that conclusion was drawn, the PS2 could not even render something that complex and have a whole game also running. That level of detail might be what we get for the standard cars if it turns out we have in car view.

Also all cars seen in GT5P and the GTHD demo are premium and will be premium in GT5.

Robin.

that track on page 1 looks very touge ish, I hope they put Gunsai Touge in GT5, as they are heavily involved with Best Motoring, I have seen Keiichi and all his Kohai's (students) going to polyphony's office, plus they took a video camera in there and recorded Keiichi and his 2 drivers with their car on circuit de la sarth course before their Leman race as a best motoring special

ohhh I din't know that. So all GTHD and GT5P are premium cars ? Surely then premium should be around 250 mark. Because apart from upgrading those cars detail to premium. They have not even come to 150 premium cars :grumpy:

Last edited:
The picture of the Ferrari dash is in no way comparable to PS2 era graphics so I dont know how that conclusion was drawn, the PS2 could not even render something that complex and have a whole game also running. That level of detail might be what we get for the standard cars if it turns out we have in car view.

The PS2 could easily do that dash (but not much else). If the PS2 can do it then it is PS2 level. Think about the tracks and cars in GT4. If it can draw all of that then it can do that single dash.

Prologue level is another matter. The textures that game uses for the dash alone the PS2 would not handle, nor the resolution.

you should see the dashes from the PS2 version of Test Drive Unlimited. They're pretty similar to that in terms of graphics.

Yes but I ment along side all the other graphical stuff PD do. TDU on PS2 no way pushed the graphical envelope like GT4 did. You could have an amazing looking dash on PS2 if that was all you were looking at, like in a showroom setting for example.

The PS2 could easily do that dash (but not much else).

Thats the point I was making.

Robin.

Is this the Toscana Road Course? (or whatever it's called, that point-to-point thingy)
wutizdis.png

It's from the Ferrari 458 Italia trailer.

How do you know? That Celica Rally car is probably a standard model looking at some of the details. And don't say "because I can see through the windows", you can see through the windows of the standard cars too, some are tinted more than others but you can see through them all depending on the lighting and angle your viewing from.

Is this the Toscana Road Course? (or whatever it's called, that point-to-point thingy)
wutizdis.png

It's from the Ferrari 458 Italia trailer.
Yes that's the Tocsana track from the 458 trailer, but what makes you state that it's a point to point track? We don't know if it is or not, considering the only rally track we've seen is a loop I'd hazard a guess that this track will be too.

Latest Posts

Back