An interesting picture i just found

  • Thread starter Thread starter frank-jaeger
  • 78 comments
  • 9,498 views
But I still don't understand why it was dropped from Prologue. :odd:

Everyone was expecting it, then suddenly on release we saw the R34 was included instead. I don't mind, I like to save the best of the trio (32, 33, 34) for the full game. :p
 
How do you know? That Celica Rally car is probably a standard model looking at some of the details.
[youtubehd]uLiqzkYf5ag[/youtubehd]
 
How do you know? That Celica Rally car is probably a standard model looking at some of the details. And don't say "because I can see through the windows", you can see through the windows of the standard cars too, some are tinted more than others but you can see through them all depending on the lighting and angle your viewing from.

'cause when the game was released PD mentioned that they were all premium models.
 
That Celica looks sub-Prologue level to me.
 
That's because Prologue was released about two years AFTER GTHD. Just like GT5 is being released about two years AFTER GT5P. Obviously there's been some major graphical changes in two years.
 
The Celica is a premium model folks, just go back and watch the old interviews.

KY had separated GT HD in classic and premium versions.

The Eiger demo from 2006 featured GT HD premium assets. The Celica was in it, so it´s a premium model.

Of course they added extra touches, textures, reflections and such on the models, but it´s no secret that it was a premium model.
 
ohhh I din't know that. So all GTHD and GT5P are premium cars ? Surely then premium should be around 250 mark. Because apart from upgrading those cars detail to premium. They have not even come to 150 premium cars :grumpy:
GTHD has the possibility of changing, but every car in GT5:P is pretty much a given.

Be a little hard for PD to feature, say, the NSX-R w/ a cockpit view in GT5:P & then take it away. :odd:
 
but...all cars in GTHD are Premium. Why the 🤬 would they go back and say "oh well, let's completely erase all the work we've done on this car and make it a standard"? I mean, let's use our heads, people. GTHD cars are Premium and most like so are all the GT5P cars.
 
Yeah all the cars in GTHD and GT5P either have been upgraded for GT5 or if some cars from these will be left as standard. Then we will get some standard that look really really good. I hope most standard cars also look good enough
 
Hello people, this is my first post. I'm posting this material here because I do not have permissions to create a new thread about. I'm new to this forom but I want to share this material I'd taken myself during the Gamelab, in Gijon, Spain, last week. This is the same demo that was shown in the E3, and its recorded in HQ, both pictures an movies.
Enjoy it:



Pictures (10.1Mpx sorry for the size. I wont put codes to do not flood the forum)
If this is an incorrect place to post this information, I would be thankful if anyone could point me in the right direction :)

http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7046.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7047.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7048.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7049.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7050.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7051.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7052.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7053.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7054.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7055.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7056.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7057.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7058.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7059.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7060.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7061.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7062.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7063.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7064.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7065.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7066.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7067.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7068.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7069.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7070.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7071.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7072.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7073.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7074.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7075.jpg
http://www.parallel-games.com/IMG_7076.jpg
 
So that mean the Evo 6 is premium the R32 is premium the Mazda miata is premium and the G35 is premium?
 
Most of the comments are in the line of premium = cockpit view, but I'm not sure about that.

I think Premium could mean only interior view for the harder damage model with falling parts. Which may mean that all cars will have cockpit view, even if it is just an average looking one.
 
Off topic here but, did anyone else think eiger in GTHD looked WAY better than prologue? I did, it looks stunning.

Exactly!I've played GT5P today, then watched GTHD video.
No "pop-ups", people with shadows...Overall clarity.I think it's because GTHD doesn't have HDR lighting.To be honest, again, they need to complete GT Vision in 2007, and then work on superb GT5 - with all those HDRs,3Ds,premiums, cockpits and such...While we playing GT Vision.Then comes GT5 with cockpit view and we've blown away...........


(P.S.: wheel-spin in GTHD is realistic too, in GT5(!) it's artificial!)
 
but...all cars in GTHD are Premium. Why the 🤬 would they go back and say "oh well, let's completely erase all the work we've done on this car and make it a standard"? I mean, let's use our heads, people. GTHD cars are Premium and most like so are all the GT5P cars.

Not all GTHD cars are premium. The Bentley Speed 8 LMP1 prototype is in GTHD and is a standard car in GT5. It appears in the Standard Cars video, racing in a city course at night.

EDIT: Also in GTHD was the Pescarolo Judd "GT4 Playstation Livery", that is also a GT5 standard car. And the BMW V12 LMR '99 (GT5 standard car) and the Audi R8 "PlayStation Team Oreca Le Mans" '05 (GT5 standard car).
 
Last edited:
Yep, what G.T.Ace said.

Also, gran turismo site is clearly stating that Standard cars do not support interior view, so my hopes are completely ended on this subject. Let's hope I'm wrong, though, interior view is one of the best features in Prologue. :(

The actual sentence in english (not from translation) is "standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views". Take it anyway you want but to me it doesn't sound anything like your quotation.
 
Old model Mx-5 is premium

 
Last edited:
Is this the Toscana Road Course? (or whatever it's called, that point-to-point thingy)
wutizdis.png

It's from the Ferrari 458 Italia trailer.

Some where, somebody said that the Toscana dirt track will have snow (as an option), but this is just unofficial...
 
Not all GTHD cars are premium. The Bentley Speed 8 LMP1 prototype is in GTHD and is a standard car in GT5. It appears in the Standard Cars video, racing in a city course at night.

EDIT: Also in GTHD was the Pescarolo Judd "GT4 Playstation Livery", that is also a GT5 standard car. And the BMW V12 LMR '99 (GT5 standard car) and the Audi R8 "PlayStation Team Oreca Le Mans" '05 (GT5 standard car).

I don't know what GTHD you're been playing, but the one I played didn't have any sort of Bentley in it. The List on here and everywhere else Pre-GTHD when GTHD was going to become GT5. I have no idea why it hasn't been updated.

But the actual list is:

1. Suzuki Cappichino
2. Lotus Elise
3. Nissan Skyline R32
4. Ferrari 599 GTB
5. Mitsubishi Evo IX
6. Infiniti G35
7. Toyota Celica Rally Car
8. Mitsubishi Evo IV
9. Acura Integra
10. Mazda Miata Roadster

And then the tuned versions of all of those. (Note: THANKS to youtube for the car list)
 
Last edited:
I don't know what GTHD you're been playing, but the one I played didn't have any sort of Bentley in it. The List on here and everywhere else Pre-GTHD when GTHD was going to become GT5. I have no idea why it hasn't been updated.

But the actual list is:

1. Suzuki Cappichino
2. Lotus Elise
3. Nissan Skyline R33
4. Ferrari 599 GTB
5. Mitsubishi Evo IX
6. Infiniti G35
7. Toyota Celica Rally Car
8. Mitsubishi Evo IV
9. Acura Integra
10. Mazda Miata Roadster

And then the tuned versions of all of those. (Note: THANKS to youtube for the car list)

Yup that was the actual game list except i thought it was the R32.
 
he means this one

gran-turismo-hd-20060508080323673.jpg

Oh yeah, I remember that. That's VERY old. That was released shortly after Tourist Trophy came out. It was just a test demo to see how people would react to bikes and cars racing on the same track in GT5.

Also, I fixed the GTHD list so that it mentions the right Skyline
 
Pretty cool though :)

gran-turismo-hd-20060508080323001.jpg


I guess this track will return in GT5 then - Corolla WRC might be a premium as well

vision-gt-20060117015741062.jpg


Interesting to see the old version of R246 had people on the side of the road
gran-turismo-hd-20060508080318642.jpg
 
'cause when the game was released PD mentioned that they were all premium models.

but...all cars in GTHD are Premium. Why the 🤬 would they go back and say "oh well, let's completely erase all the work we've done on this car and make it a standard"? I mean, let's use our heads, people. GTHD cars are Premium and most like so are all the GT5P cars.

Yeah all the cars in GTHD and GT5P either have been upgraded for GT5 or if some cars from these will be left as standard. Then we will get some standard that look really really good. I hope most standard cars also look good enough
Guys don't confuse the original plan to release a GT:HD Classic along with a GT:HD Premium games as the same as GT5 and/or GT5:P. I don't think all the cars in GT:HD are premium models in the same sense that GT5's cars will be divided into Standard and Premium. GT:HD classic and premium was a distinction between the entire games and not simply car models. There was nothing to state that GT:HD Premium wouldn't have had standard and premium cars within. The first time we had any such distinction between actual car models within a single game mentioned was in the website leak at E3.
 
Guys don't confuse the original plan to release a GT:HD Classic along with a GT:HD Premium games as the same as GT5 and/or GT5:P. I don't think all the cars in GT:HD are premium models in the same sense that GT5's cars will be divided into Standard and Premium. GT:HD classic and premium was a distinction between the entire games and not simply car models. There was nothing to state that GT:HD Premium wouldn't have had standard and premium cars within. The first time we had any such distinction between actual car models within a single game mentioned was in the website leak at E3.

Yes, but when Everyone complained and GTHD was basically dropped, they released GTHD Premium that had all the Premium cars that had been finished.
 
Anyone know the track in this picture?

gt5.jpg


EDIT: Its Nurburgring
 
Last edited:
Nürburgring.

Guys don't confuse the original plan to release a GT:HD Classic along with a GT:HD Premium games as the same as GT5 and/or GT5:P. I don't think all the cars in GT:HD are premium models in the same sense that GT5's cars will be divided into Standard and Premium. GT:HD classic and premium was a distinction between the entire games and not simply car models. There was nothing to state that GT:HD Premium wouldn't have had standard and premium cars within. The first time we had any such distinction between actual car models within a single game mentioned was in the website leak at E3.

GTHD was GTHD Premium and GTHD Classic on one BD.
GTHD Premium = 30 cars and a couple of tracks "with PS3 standard graphics".
GTHD Classic = All cars from GT4 plus some more, all tracks from GT4. All cars except some startes would've been purchasable DLC.

Yes, but when Everyone complained and GTHD was basically dropped, they released GTHD Premium that had all the Premium cars that had been finished.

No, they released GTHD Concept, with 10 cars (20 if you count the tuned versions) and Eiger Nordwand.
All the cars were clearly work in progress, just like the track.
 
yeah, but all the cars were premium models. You could tell by how they looked. (BTW, didn't they mention something about premium and standard tracks at the time, too?)

Anyone know the track in this picture?

gt5.jpg

It's probably Daytona or Indy. I would guess Indy though. You can see the Superspeedway in the background
 
Again, it's the Nürburgring@4:30:
 
I can see even the rollcage, ;) so it might be. But I'm not really convinced of that door handle, I need a better res. pic to analyze, where did you find this? IGN archives? I found a fully modeled R33 in GT5 spec at IGN.

EDIT: Just found it again:

But I still don't understand why it was dropped from Prologue. :odd:

A few more, looks "freaky" in Premium spec, likewise the R32 👍


gran-turismo-5-images-20070816051518743_640w.jpg


gran-turismo-5-images-20070816051545539_640w.jpg


gran-turismo-5-images-20070725102017531_640w.jpg
 
Back